Forums > Introductions > Hey Everybody. Complete noob here.

Login/Join to Participate

Night CrawlerBRONZE Member
46 posts

Posted:
Hey everyone.
I'm Pete and I am a complete noob to spinning. I have been spinning (kinda) for 2 days. I've known about poi for a while, but never really got into it till a couple of days ago.
Anywhoo...

Name: Pete
Hometown: Stoke on Trent
Birthday (sign?): March 1982
Sex: Dude
Occupation(s): The proper name is Studio Operator. Basically I deal with our company website, advertising in papers and tv and just sit around
Favorite Food(s): Eastern European food, fish and chips, burgers and kebabs
Favorite Color(s): no no no, coloUr! hehe. I would have to say black. Problem is, its really a shade, not a colour
What is the wing speed of an
unladen swallow? Depends how fast the swallow is flying
Toys: My car, computer, phone, my new poi smile
Hobbies other than the obvious: Messing with cars and computers...
Education: High school and college, studying motor vehicle
Favorite Book(s): Dont read unles it has a light behind it
Favorite Movie(s): Bad Boys, Fast and furious series, Leathal weapon series, All the American pies and anything with Jackie Chan
Godzilla vs. a Star Wars Star
Destroyer. Who wins? Why?
I would have to say Godzilla. Did you see how many times they had to shoot it before it died???
Favorite TV show(s): Simpsons all the way! Friends, erm...
Plans for life in general: (i.e.
what you want to do when you
grow up). Dont really plan much. just take each day as it comes. But... It would be nice to be rich, big house... smile
Favorite Music Artists/
Composers: Quite a mix really. Heavy, new and rap metal, dance, hard house and hardcore...
Do you think these pants make
my butt look too big? Oh no babe, not at all
Favorie ice cream flavor(s):
Marmite, Vegemite, or Nutella?

Nutella all the way!!!

'You can only be free when you have nothing to loose'

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
Nutella is RIGHT!

Welcome to HoP!

The popcorn extends life... The popcorn expands consciousness...

poismylovepoi addict
196 posts

Posted:
you should try a nuttella sandwich with melted marshmallows and caramel sauce in it, it is what youd say, bomb diggity lol.
welcome to HoP.
practice ALOT ALOT ALOT ALOT. you should check out the videos for beginners on the lessons page, it will help alot smile
happy spinning

to spin or not to spin, that is the question.

Zephyre PhoenixFamiliar stranger giving out popcorn. (formerly Ascilith)
1,264 posts

Posted:
Welcome to HoP! Glad you chose godzilla. for this, you get extra popcorn. It's WONDERFUl grin promise. Ask the others. Enjoy your stay. All will be well.

Never take candy from strangers...... But popcorn is okay!

46 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the welcome guys.
Hmm... Nutella, mellows and caramel. I'll have to try that.
Yea, popcorn! Caramel or sweet?

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
Mmmm Shmellows and Nutella sandwich!

And you have your choice of popcorn, it's the seasoning that stays the same, it makes you see pretty colours tongue2

The popcorn extends life... The popcorn expands consciousness...

46 posts

Posted:
Haha! Definatly gonna have to give that one a go. Another one that I have tried that i think originated from the states is peanut butter and jelly/jam sandwiches. Loads of people look at me funny when I tell them, but its goooood!

Hehe, sounds good to me smile

So, are there many people from the UK here? Especially round the Staffordshire area? Wouldnt mind having someone to learn/practice with.
Oh, a quickie while i'm here. Is there a mobile friendly version of this site, or is this it?

poismylovepoi addict
196 posts

Posted:
I've tryed to go on here with my phone but it wont let me log in, only view the forums. and i have to look at it through a yahoo search engine.
PB&J yummmm.
and I wouldnt be suprised if there were spinners in your area. I am pretty sure there are HoPers in the UK.

46 posts

Posted:
TUNE!!
Sorry, just listening to some old mixes that i recorded a while ago. Trying to find some good music to spin to. Well, try to.
Well, i'm doing this on my mobile. I can read, reply, look at pics, but its quite limited.
Im pretty sure there are people on here from the UK, because the guy from the playpoi vids has mentioned the UK a few times. Those vids are actually really helpful.
Anywhoo... I wouldnt mind finding out if anyone would be close to me. Is there any kind of search i could do, or would i have to start a 'Calling all Brits' thread?

Oh, theres Nutella and orange marmalade (sp) on toast (chocolate orange), or Golden syrup on toast grin

poismylovepoi addict
196 posts

Posted:
dont believe ive tryed marmalade before, but that sounds delicious smile hey james, is that seasoning only for popcorn? haha.
ummm, well you could try typing in UK or something like that into the search bar, and see if there is one. or you could start your own thread. but try searching for one first.

46 posts

Posted:
Oh its goooood smile
I'll have a search around tomorrow because its getin a lil late and i'm supposed to be doin stuff in the morning.
In the meantime, if anyone from the uk comes across this, feel free to give me a shout smile