• You must now select Courier Delivery if you wish to receive items before Christmas.

Forums > Social Chat > You know it's a bad day when...

Login/Join to Participate

ViciousVixen

Total posts: 103
Posted:...you wake up with a hangover, force yourself to go to class, throw up in the bathroom once you get there, and then realize 3 hours later that the sunglasses that were hooked onto the collar of your shirt fell in the toilet while you were vomitting and you didn't even notice at the time so you flushed them bye-bye.

Delete Topic

Posted:Ouch! Hope they weren't too expensive.

Delete

Dom
BRONZE Member since Dec 2001

Dom

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3009
Posted:moral of the story - never buy a pair of sunglasses you wouldn't mind losing. My record for loss is 5 minutes from time of purchase

Delete

Charles
BRONZE Member since Jun 2001

Charles

Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer

Total posts: 3989
Posted:I second that Dom, I have had two pairs of expensive sunglasses in my life.

One is already lost with the hundred or so cheapies that have also been lost, and the other is amazingly still in my bag, after being dropped lenses-down onto some conrete while unicycling so that there are little scracthes in the middle of the lenses.

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Delete

ViciousVixen

Total posts: 103
Posted:Thankfully the sunglasses were cheapies.

I just wanted to clarify for anyone who might think this is a post glorifying the use of alcohol that my intention last night was NOT, by any means, to get drunk, so I was very unhappy to wake up this morning hung over. That's why I talked about it being a bad day. I had the equivalent of 2-3 small drinks while I was at a party for 2 hours. The only reason I became drunk is that my tolerance is really low because I haven't drank any alcohol in about 2 months, and typically drink only about once a month. I am in no way condoning drunkeness or alcoholism. Thank you for your attention.

Delete

mech
BRONZE Member since Jun 2003

mech

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 6207
Posted:so long as you had a good time, and the ppl you were with are ok, then you ahve nothing to worry about, a hang over is only there for a few hours, but the memories are going to haunt you for life!

later days

Step (el-nombrie)

Delete