Forums > Help! > Spin-off Bucket and Torch Poi

Login/Join to Participate

EpitomeOfNoviceGOLD Member
Putting the "FUN" in fundamental since 1981
787 posts

Posted:
Hey guys, my torch poi are getting their inaugural run at this Saturday's fire jam and I have a spin-off bucket but I'm wondering if it's better to treat the torch poi as torches and how the shake-off vs. spin-off pros and cons are. I'll get help from the torch users at the jam if I choose to not treat the spin off as poi, just thought I'd throw the question out here to be better prepared.

The torches have moonblaze heads which should retain more on the virgin burn of them, I want to ensure there is no over abundance that will sneak down the dowel or cause other issues. Thanks in advance as always!

~Rock on!~

"As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle, being swept along is no longer enough"-Waking Life

(All you RLers this is epitome_of_lame *waves hello*)

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
I would recommend treating them as poi, since they will often move like poi and have similar splash-off risks to poi with similar heads; torch poi seem likely to get swung harder and faster than just torches will, I would think. I think the main reason not to spin off torches is it's kind of tricky to do while getting much centrifugal force. Not that I have any specific experience with torches or torch poi, just thinking it over...

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
I would spin it off. Kind of like how you would spin a staff off but in the can and not on fire.

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

EpitomeOfNoviceGOLD Member
Putting the "FUN" in fundamental since 1981
787 posts

Posted:
I think I'll spin them off like poi, but due to weight and clonky-ness (plus to avoid injury) spin them off one at a time in the bucket and utilize my "rest bucket". Thanks guys!

~Rock on!~

"As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle, being swept along is no longer enough"-Waking Life

(All you RLers this is epitome_of_lame *waves hello*)