Forums > Help! > !!! I need recipes for foods that have little to no smell

Login/Join to Participate

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
does anyone know any recipes for foods that have litle to no smell a relative of mine has stage 4 lung cancer and is slowly starving because they cant eat hardly anything as his since of smell is hightened for the loss of taste buds and the food smells bad please if you know any kind of foods let me know

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

natasqiaddict
489 posts

Posted:
Doctors Hat - there are drugs they can take that increase appetite such as steroids and hormones.

There's also lots of supplements such as 2Cal and Sustagen and other things that are calory rich that will slow down the weight loss.

Unfortunatey in stage 4, it's unlikely to be able to reverse the weight loss as there is so much catabolism occuring.
Basically find what he/she likes and stick with it. Things that I think smell, you don't and visa versa. Some people are turned off or on by strange smells ala pregnancy.

But the best person to talk to about this is the palliative care doctors/support that they'e in contact with. they have the most experience and knowledge on this subject.

*hugs* Sorry that you have to go through this. frown

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
I'm not sure what doesn't have smell other than some vegetables. Maybe like standard peppers you'd put in a salad, or celery, carrots, squash maybe? Corn? Could always eat uncoked corn (yes it is possible, I know crazy right) tongue2

But mainly I think this in good need of a bump.

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

poismylovepoi addict
196 posts

Posted:
what about steamed rice? i think that has barely any smell at all.

to spin or not to spin, that is the question.

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
well found out that if you wash your mouth with baking soda that it takes the nasty taste out of your mouth and it helps with eating and now a better question is do you know anything that makes you gain alot o weight?

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus