Page:
poismylovepoi addict
196 posts

Posted:
So, i was wondering what everyones faveorite move is?
i know theres alot of them, but try to think of one haha smile

to spin or not to spin, that is the question.

sbengeGOLD Member
oddball
20 posts

Posted:
really enjoying goofy flowers at the moment

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
Honestly, turns are my favorite if we're going just by how much I like to do them. Just in general, reel turns, flower turns, turns with weird degrees of twist, floor plane flowers... I just like nailing a turn. Runners up are any kind of stall, and split-opp/split-opp antispin wall plane flowers.

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

T-S-ASILVER Member
Magic Monkey Juice
252 posts

Posted:
All of them.

"We were making castles in the sand: Now we swim in the seas that swept them away"

lil_poi_manstranger
1 post

Posted:
for me at the moment it would be reverse behind the back weave

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
I can't say I have a favorite move, ever really. The closest I could come might be a continuous one hand spiral wrap or this meltdown reel thingy that just has a huge feeling of wind and unwinding. More so than anything I've ever used. Of couse I might just have to say whirling. I love whirling it's such a great feeling especially when you put a little jump in it like you're running. It all depends on what the music is making me feel at the given point in time. My spinning is highly centered on emotion.

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

PinksockGOLD Member
stranger
3 posts

Posted:
spiral wraps!

zaiahStrobestranger
6 posts

Posted:
I LOOOVVVEEEE the transfer between the reverse and forward 3 beat weave. So many different combinations can be built off of it ^_^

Kerosene_FalconSILVER Member
fire twirly girly
46 posts

Posted:
I like doing 3beat weave with my hoops

Of course my horse is clumsy he has two left feet

2,280 posts

Posted:
I have one with double staff, but no idea what to call it. Also a crowd favorite.

XyresicBRONZE Member
stranger
6 posts

Posted:
My favorite move is a waistwrap extension crosser thing that I do.

David_Thomas1SILVER Member
journeyman
88 posts

Posted:
isolation 3 petal antispin hybrid so fun!

AbudiGOLD Member
stranger
2 posts

Posted:
Wall plane antispin flower. Split time opposite direction

squidBRONZE Member
sanguine
382 posts

Posted:
a simple pirohette. (did I spell that right?) Seems easy to spin around with arms extended, but to do it smoothly, gracefully, and transition into other moves is trickier than you'd think. So many times it just looks rushed or offplane.

I still dont have it down pat, but Im still enjoying that the most right now.

"to a man whose only tool is a hammer, the whole world looks like a nail." Abraham Maslow

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
Pirouette I think. smile

And they are indeed awesome.

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

Iki_stranger
23 posts

Posted:
i think stops smile

Iki_stranger
23 posts

Posted:
or floats

poiRAVER42250HaRdEr stylE LiVIn
6 posts

Posted:
i think the isolated wheel plane flower is awesome. i can do that quite well now.

I will not break
I will not bend
I will not be quiet
Stay rough to the end
Head with a mission
Music to defend
The harder is the challenge the stronger I stand

Paddington BearSILVER Member
118 posts

Posted:
at the moment a double behind the back stall and using them to transition between wall and wheel plane

fire is alive. it lives and breathes. it consumes and destroys. but we control it and live with it, we are fire dancers

2,280 posts

Posted:
This thingy where the poi are split-time same direction and from in front of me they go under my legs, and I jump and roll in the air.

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
right now my favorite thing is throws but unfortunately there is snow outside and i am not about to go throw my flowlights around in the snow frown

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

Scottie~MacKGOLD Member
Naval High Comander
31 posts

Posted:
The moves that are my favorite are usually the ones I'm trying to learn. At the moment that's turning with the BTB 3 beat weave and pendulum moves a la G

I'm starting to become more comfortable with the pendulum stuff but the BTB stuff I find challenging. But one day it will be mine .... oh yes it will be mine, muh ha ha ha ha!

Originally Posted By: Pablo PicassoI am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it.

Orphanscientist
10 posts

Posted:
After everything poi and I have seen together, my favorite is still the 4-petal antispin flower on the wheel plane; they're soooo pretty. Pirouetting with them is fun, too.

...___-`-___-`-__The most common form of motion in the universe is oscillation_-`-___-`-__...

2,280 posts

Posted:
^^^I think I have to agree actually. I love pirouetting with antispin flowers. Now that it's getting warm slowly. I can start practicing turning with them while keeping them on the same plane. hopefully I can still do it badly so I can avoid smacking my head repeatedly.

meshunderlayBRONZE Member
Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Scottie~MacKThe moves that are my favorite are usually the ones I'm trying to learn. At the moment that's turning with the BTB 3 beat weave and pendulum moves a la G

I'm starting to become more comfortable with the pendulum stuff but the BTB stuff I find challenging. But one day it will be mine .... oh yes it will be mine, muh ha ha ha ha!

I'm not too great yet at BTB stuff like that yet... YET... but, I just came up with an interesting (I think) variation on what G's going over in that video...
At the moment I'm trying to figure out how to explain it in words, and kind of annoyed I can't film it to look at later.

I guess... Instead of doing (arms split-same) the pendulum down into outspin up through anti-spin back into pendulum, I'm doing (arms split-opposite, so they meet pointing left, then right) the pendulum down into outspin up through inspin (2 quick inspin beats then pendulum) and back into pendulum.
It feels a little funny because you need to speed up the inspin beats as it takes longer to do 2 inspin petals than to do 2 antispin petals....

In retrospect, after typing all of this out, I guess I'm doing a split-opposides inspin wallplan flower with alternating pendulums, not sure if that's an easier way to describe it... I really need to buy a camera one of these days.

P.S. I'm tired, so... sorry for rambling on and on and on and... =)

stormpbt420BRONZE Member
stranger
1 post

Posted:
without anydoubt my favoite move is orbitals. Ihave found about 10 different ways to enter into my orbital, and i love the different ways i can play with the orbital, or use the orbital for a fire jump rope. grin Fun stuff.
EDITED_BY: stormpbt420 (1298399642)

DidgeridudeGOLD Member
Object Manipulationist, Chain Maille Artisan, Didgeridoo Performer and Teacher
37 posts

Posted:
Butterfly Tangles, Meltdown antispins, and all the flowers.

I do not have a Soul, . . . I AM a Soul.
I Have a body.

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
I do love antispin flowers, though in practice I try to avoid them for the most part--just because they're easy to overuse. But yeah, nothing quite like whirling around with a split-same or split-op antispin.

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

discowrapsBRONZE Member
stranger
13 posts

Posted:
btb to front air wraps or maybe reverse spin hyper loop with half pirouette pulled into an orbital

Bam BamYour Average Every Day Sane Psycho
31 posts

Posted:
My favorite move category I guess, is wall plane flower and lockout combinations XD they're a lot of fun, very visually appealing and have a lot of options to work with

What, me worry?

thirteenBRONZE Member
The Death Card
195 posts

Posted:
that I can do right now: four-petal antispin wall plane flowers. the ones where you start and end with arms crossed. usually doing extensions to get back to the starting point, or sometimes doing a "box" stall and reversing direction. depends on how I feel!

either that or psuedo-isolations, I've been playing a lot with those lately and they're fun because you can create so many unique patterns with them and they're extremely easy to learn if you have good plane control. I'm talking about the ones where you pick a direction, then move your hand rapidly in a straight line as soon as your poi is pointing in that direction, causing your poi to stall for a second and then continue spinning. hard to describe but alien jon teaches them a lot and they are more or less the opposite of pulsing.

that I haven't learned yet: I saw someone doing some really cool 3D poi last weekend. she would start with one poi in front, one in back, do one petal of antispin in the horizontal plane to switch them, then stall out and reverse. it didn't look terribly difficult but it will take some practice being able to stay on that horizontal plane. definitely need to learn that one!

EDITED_BY: thirteen (1315934341)

The dawn has come
And the wine will run
And the song must be sung
And the flowers are melting
In the sun

Page: