poismylovepoi addict
196 posts

Posted:
Ok, so I would really like to do performances, whether free or paid doesnt matter too much(as long as its for a charity event or something if its free). But, is there a certain skill level i should reach before you perform in front of audiences?

to spin or not to spin, that is the question.

Warior DrakeSILVER Member
The Dragon Professor
203 posts

Posted:
When you feel comfortable, really. Make sure you're not still hitting yourself constantly, you know more than a 3bt and windmill and can move around a bit. Mostly when you're confident and ready to have fun. Start small with friends who are also spinners, work your way up and never stop enjoying the ride.

Don't let your world end with you

p.s. No, just in case you're going to ask, I did not misspell Warrior, its supposed to be like that.

poismylovepoi addict
196 posts

Posted:
lol i definitely know a lot more than a 3bt and windmill. thanks for the advice. I will just need to work on confidence and performing in front of people as soon as i find others to spin with.
sorry but, just one more question on this subject. how would u go about getting gigs to perform?

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
I think Noel Yee's advice from Encyclopoidia Vol. 2 was really some of the best. You don't need a lot of technique, you just need it to be solid and to be able to move around and do things with it. That and the classic "relax, smile, make eye contact" stuff. Not that I'm great at everything I've just said, but I've found that as I've got better with it my audience responds more.

Let me know what you find out about paid gigs, 'cause I could definitely go for a couple of those.

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

poismylovepoi addict
196 posts

Posted:
right? it would be nice to get paid to spin haha.

i did a little research and you can go to https://fire-dancing.com/
and register youself, idk the chances of getting a something though.

thanks for those tips by the way.