thegramreaper
I just wanna play it right

Total posts: 22
Posted:Hello everyone taking the time to read this. As of this morning, I have just received in the mail my 5'9" full-length firestaff. While I'm very eager to light it up and start spinning I do plan to practice with it unlit for awhile and hopefully burn for my first time at the Albany spin jam next week. That said, I was wondering if anybody happening across this might have a few pointers for one eager to spin a flaming staff for their first time. Any and all advice is appreciated, thank you!
EDITED_BY: thegramreaper (1284401803)

There's a time and place for everything, it's called "college."

Delete Topic

willworkforfoodjnr
willworkforfoodjnr

Hunting robot foxes
Total posts: 1046
Posted:Just relax, don't soak your wicks for ages the first time and remember that spinning fast won't make you less likely to get burned wink

Enjoy!

Working hard to be a wandering hippie layabout. Ten years down, five to go!

Delete

Icarus Forde
Icarus Forde

Just Icarus//Spinner//Pyro//Geek
Total posts: 261
Posted:Basically what WWFF said. Don't panic.

Fire is loud. It will cut off a lot of your hearing, and it's also bright, so you'll loose some of your vision.

Most of all, make sure you don't wear a shirt that's soaked in kero. It's spectacular, but it hurts later. smile

And last, but certainly not least... Have fun! Relax, move with the staff. Let it become another part of your arms, don't see it as a individual thing. smile

Delete

EmmCeeeFF
EmmCeeeFF

Total posts: 145
Posted:As above, some people really impress me with their first attempts, it all comes down to confidence. stick to the moves that you are happy performing and don't think too much about how it looks.

Just relax and have enjoy yourself, these things alone will make your performance more interesting, not only for you, but for those watching.

Good luck and let us know how you get on grin

If i had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isnt. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldnt be. And what it wouldnt be, it would. You see?

Delete

thegramreaper

Posted:Thank you all very much for your time and wise words of encouragement. I'll be lighting up tomorrow night and I hope to get lots of video and pictures. Thanks again and I'll let ya know how it goes.

Delete

thegramreaper

Posted:We leave for the Albany spin jam in ten minutes, damn I'm excited!

Delete

thegramreaper

Posted:All I have to say is...WOW, I never realized it would be as amazing as it was. Got a video of the first Burn and a few pictures of the 2nd, did about five or six total throughout the night. I could and want to do this every single night, it felt so wonderful.

Delete