Forums > Advanced Poi Moves > I have an idea that could benifit all spinners, new and seasoned. Please offer feedback.

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Dave StatikGOLD Member
You cant teach stupid.
106 posts

Posted:
Okay, I've spent a bit of time looking for a complete trick list for poi, and havent had any luck so I tinkered around with the idea, and came up with something much more. I came up with a trick list (not completed) and combined it with a worksheet concept. Some thing that covers every known trick, and each of its variations.

For example: you'd have catagories, obviously by trick family. within each family the basic known variations. For now lets take a weave. This will be the catagory to work in. You'll have columns titles, 2bt, 3bt, etcbt, Archer, Windmill, Fountain, Corkscrew, etc. and several spaces for 'checking off' in each column. these spaces to check off would be for such modifications like turning, indicating you can turn with this trick. FWD and RVS, ISO...

Using this idea, spinners would be able to see by looking at their worksheet, what they have accomplished and what they have not. How versed they are in a particular family of tricks. A complete trick list could offer even some of the most advanced spinners new things to work on. Maybe reveal overlooked variations, such as an isolated windmill (maybe you overlooked it maybe not just throwing censored out.) and you wanna go back and learn it. Or maybe you have mastered everything and want to delve into things that weren’t thought to be possible, like an Isolated float, lol. I have two pages of tricks including just weaves, butterflies, and crossers, and already the options seem endless. And those families are still not even complete. This can be big. And useful to everyone. Best of all it can be free for everyone.

Does anyone want to collaborate on such an idea? Does anyone want to contribute to the community in a big way? Or has this been done already….lol? FEEDBACK PLEASE!

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Best way to do it would be to start it with a very simple, editable layout, get it started with all the basics and then throw it out there for people to edit and send back to you, then you can compile all the changes together into one.

hug

FireDesireBrunoBRONZE Member
Flame Wielder
20 posts

Posted:
Would love to meet up with you when you are in PTA. please send me your contact details via a personal message and we can arrange it.

Unity through Love, Light & Poi

FireDesireBrunoBRONZE Member
Flame Wielder
20 posts

Posted:
I am so happy to see so many people wanting to get involved in this effort.

I have quickly put together the basic layout of pages for flowers (I have yet to add the content to many of the sub categories) I just put this together to give you guys wanting to get involved an idea of the layout ect.

Please feel free to criticize and suggest things. In the end this is a community effort I have just tried to put together a basic starting point for us. There are no limits to what we can achieve united.

Tutorials: Flowers

These are the ideas I have been mulling over for really making the tutorial section special&Unique:
- Make flash animation for each flower pattern(Arm&Poi Movements)
- Photography: Photos of all poi move in the tutorial section.
- Description and breakdown of all moves(Written)
- Tutorial videos for all moves (Obvious)
- There are more but i forgot now tongue2

The best way for us to communicate would be via Email so send me a PM on HoP and I will get back to you.

Love,Peace&Poi!
EDITED_BY: FireDesireBruno (1287693493)

Unity through Love, Light & Poi

Dave StatikGOLD Member
You cant teach stupid.
106 posts

Posted:
wow, i hadnt realized there were this many more replies. i thot this thread died, lol. well anyway, Ive developed the idea a bit more and took it in a different direction, concidering the input of those who offered many exceptions and variables. I developed a spreadsheet of timing and direction (hand/poi) vs driving style combinations. this covers a wide variety of patterns, and avoids catagorizing them. The exceptions at this point will be patterns created by mixing, combining, and changing either timing, direction or driving style. it will be impossible to map all of those, but as long as a pattern remains constant and repetitious, its mappable. check out this thread.

[Old link]

This spread sheet can be used in combination to the other, and in conjunction with much other info. i will continue this project further, and update the community as I progress. i understand that many have quit, but Im determined and i think i have a good plan. thank you.

Page: