Forums > Help! > I need help with music

Login/Join to Participate

Poisoningyou
stranger

Total posts: 1
Posted:Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone knows any songs with beat changes, acoustic drums, sounds like something that could be in a drum circle, that would be nice to spin to?

Delete Topic

Rossta42
Rossta42

stranger
Total posts: 17
Posted:Not sure about any drum circle like music but I love spinning to Pendulum, Their music always has nice beat changes and can be quite fast paced at times so you can get into a real 'zone' when spinning to them. I know there are other styles that you may be better suited to spinning to but it works for me.

To spin is to live!

Delete

Durbs
Durbs

Classically British
Total posts: 5688
Posted:LOL - I think I'd say Pendulum are almost the complete opposite of a drum circle... They also never change drum beats (except for one bar in "Fasten your seat belts".

If you're looking for rhythmic/time-signature changes, you could look into Shpongle. Sort of trippy, floaty music but lots of interesting time signaturesm and metric modulation (sometimes even super-imposed metric modulation wink ) 6:8 -> 4:4, lots of 7:8 and the like.
Or Tool, but again, that's a very different genre - but lots of interesting time signatures/changtes

Just drum-tracks though, nothing springs to mind. Mind you, I generally hate drum cirlces (and I'm a drummer)

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Delete

Warior Drake
Warior Drake

The Dragon Professor
Total posts: 203
Posted:Dunno what to tell you in that vein. I usually spin to classic heavy metal. 80's Ozzy, Dio, Metallica, Priest, etc.

Don't let your world end with you

p.s. No, just in case you're going to ask, I did not misspell Warrior, its supposed to be like that.

Delete

SpinnerofDetroit
SpinnerofDetroit

All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
Total posts: 2280
Posted:Look up Adham Shaikh maybe. You might like the song "Shake It (Shaikh It)" or the song "Opal"

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

Delete

Rossta42
Rossta42

stranger
Total posts: 17
Posted:Originally Posted By: DurbsLOL - I think I'd say Pendulum are almost the complete opposite of a drum circle...

I know that was why I said at the start of my post that it was probably not the kind of music being asked for but was the kind that I spin to

Originally Posted By: DurbsThey also never change drum beats (except for one bar in "Fasten your seat belts"

Ok so I'm not a drummer but it seems to me that a lot pendulums songs have sections which go from slow to fast and back again. Not sure about actual beat changes 4:4-2:3 things like that but it feels like it when they drop in to a soft section and then kick out of it again.

To spin is to live!

Delete

LaLaLand
Total posts: 33
Posted:There is a kind of belly dance style called drum solo - because it's done to music which is only drumming. Issam Houshan is really good but you can also look up others. I often saw people do poi to drum solo or something similar to it.
Arabian music is famous for it's often beat changes and a great amount of different rhythms.
Hope it helps.

I'm so smart I'm practically retarded.

Delete

XLR8
stranger

Total posts: 6
Posted:I love to spin to Bluetech. Almost anything by him is fun. tongue2 hopes this helps

XLR8 to the finish

Delete

Dark_Dancer
Dark_Dancer

Total posts: 28
Posted:Agree with you LalaLand. And Issam is a really nice guy when it comes to using his 'music'.

Dancing in the Dark with a spinning light

Delete