SomeguitaristGOLD Member
stranger
11 posts

Posted:
I've recently got a Diabolo, and been playing a lot with it. I can do almost everything in the Basic category with the exception of the speed-up wrap. It makes sense, and I've looked at both videos under both Basic sections.

The trick starts out- as it's spinning, I lift and wrap my left stick around the diabolo (I'm a lefty), then I can move it in an upward motion to get that circle going. The trouble is that roughly 50% of the time, the rope seems to get magically 'caught' on something, and it rolls instantly up to the right stick. It happens so fast, I can't tell what went wrong. I've even caught it once or twice to exam the rope, and the best I can figure the rope magically just 'catches' something. Again, I can sometimes do it without it catching, but I can't figure out what triggers it.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Rossta42stranger
17 posts

Posted:
That happens because your string is getting too worn out and will catch on itself. Get yourself some new string. Try here Oddballs - Diabolo String

Hope this helps.

To spin is to live!

SomeguitaristGOLD Member
stranger
11 posts

Posted:
Thanks! That totally makes sense. It seemed to get harder on day three then day two. Turns out the string IS a good bit dirty. Let a friend play with it, and it's no longer white. Assuming it got drug on the ground or something.

Well, thanks, I'll order some new string and let you know what happens!