Page:
Jezaddict
642 posts

Posted:
I was wondering whether being artistic is more likely to get you into spinning poi.

In my own experience I use to do a lot of singing, dancing and acting in my youth for shows around the UK. When I moved to London I lost all my links with the groups I used to be with so I decided to look for another hobby which would help me make friends and allow me to express myself artistically. For some random reason I ended up deciding that I would like to try and learn how to fire perform.

I know many people who spin poi that are fantastic artists or have been involved with performance in some description.

I would like to know if you guys have any other artistic hobbies and would also like to know what you think about the link between "The Arts" and "Poi"

'Happiness is liking peeing on yourself. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.'

'If *I* had a hammer, there'd be no more folk singers.'

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
nnngggaaarrrrhhhh! (cry of anguish)
i just caught myself practicing an imaginary 5 bt reverse weave while standing on a train - i almost thwacked a old lady in the head with my elbow.....

i must be finally cracking up

artistic or crazy... surely both are related!! all artsy friends of mine are a bit crazy.... or maybe eccentric is a better word.

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

Page: