AmanitaSILVER Member
157 posts

Posted:
I'm coming to NYC in about a month's time, and would like to do some poi spinning while I'm in town. NOT busking for money, just spinning/practicing for my own enjoyment. Will this be a problem with law enforcement? I'm thinking that the park between the Brooklyn and Manhattan Bridges might be a fun place to play.

As long as I'm not blocking traffic or soliciting money, will I be okay spinning in public places?

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Tower Cranes, for you are soft and would look better when squashed by a full concrete bucket"

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
there is a "Meet Others" section near the bottom of the forums list wink however if you'd do a search you might find a thread already describing places and regular meets in New York smile good luck

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

AmanitaSILVER Member
157 posts

Posted:
I did a search, and it seemed that all the threads about poi in NYC were rather old.

Anyone else think that lighting up the Brooklyn Bridge promenade at night might be seriously fun? Seriously, get a large group of folks armed with glow-toys of every discription out there all at once. LED only though, with that wooden walkway, fire would be a hella bad idea.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Tower Cranes, for you are soft and would look better when squashed by a full concrete bucket"

D3l1r1umbefore delirium there was... delight
57 posts

Posted:
Yeah- I noticed most of the NY threads were older myself.

I think It would be bitchin' to go to any populated area with a massive amount of spinners^^