This is me with some chosen family.

Another vid with a funny ending....

EDITED_BY: Matthew_Helton (1281478071)

Here I come to bring the Pain!

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
That was a great first burn! Much better than mine I think, I was scared shitless for most of my first burn. How long have you been spinning?

AND HOLY censored! WHY IS THAT MAN BURNING in the middle if aa forest completely covered in dry, highly flammable leaves!!! That's like a death sentence for a forest!

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

Matthew_HeltonBRONZE Member
Burning Ham
3 posts

Posted:
Yeah we were ready to fight any fires that might occur. The vid was shot in mid February, so I have been spinning since then. My wife got me a poi kit for my birthday in march and I got here a set of fans for mothers day. I hope to post some pics of them soon.

2,280 posts

Posted:
I'm assuming you had a fire extinguisher? People doing things like that scare the censored out of me.

And I'm sure she'll love the fans, what fans did you get? Also I'm curious as to what poi she got you, many people that do that don't know where to buy or what poi to get and end up getting crappy poi.

Matthew_HeltonBRONZE Member
Burning Ham
3 posts

Posted:
Wife responding for Matt. wink

We didn't have an extinguisher, but we did have a fire blanket and a water source nearby. I got him the oval link chains with the cathedral wicks from here, and he got me the Phoenix Wings from here as well. They're as long as my arm, so I can't really spin them inward, but I haven't really found any videos on what other people have done with them so until then, its all improv for me! smile

We have a friend who pointed me in the right direction as for where to go and what she suggested to buy. wink

2,280 posts

Posted:
That's good that you got him a good pair ;D I now make my own poi which is fun. I sell them too and it's so fun to make them, I can't wait for monday to see my babies in use smile It'll be so fun for me, to see my first set roll off and to see it in use by someone else.

KaMieLioNSILVER Member
stranger
5 posts

Posted:
Matt Replying as Leslie

Leslie makes some killer daytime sock poi. I will get her to post some pics of them soon.

Only you can pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and keep on going. Don't just do it for yourself, do it for those you love. wink