raven1991BRONZE Member
stranger
6 posts

Posted:
ok i need a little help. i want to get into fans. and everyone says these fans are the best for begginers to advance people. i just want to know everyones opinions before i buy. i dont want to end up buying something that going to kill me as i learn ya know?

https://www.thespinsterz.com/fire-fans/light-weight-khaos-fire-fan.html

Flint_413GOLD Member
Fire Artist and Hooper
181 posts

Posted:
Small, strange, over priced. I wouldnt do it. Sure they'd be good cause they are small and tiny flame but honestly, once u got passed the fan fear you'd be disappointed. Plus they dont even look like fans in action. They look like alien weapons tongue2 I've seen these used before. They are miniscule with no fire power. Go for the basic 5 finger fans here on HoP. U can do big flames or little flames with those (depending on ur fuel). Also, trick concepts has an array of fans that are real good. The Toxic and Taboo fans are really cool x) and I like the multiple rings for tricks.

If you can't stand the heat, get out of my way.

Icarus FordeBRONZE Member
Just Icarus//Spinner//Pyro//Geek
261 posts

Posted:
Agreed, overpriced a tad.

My thoughts on them are mixed... They say the grip is steel, which raises potential issues with heat - ie, steel gets hot when it's around fire - Might be best to steer away from that, or if you do get it, wrap it in an insulator.
The other thing that I noticed was the wicking - a hybrid wick with no fuel restrictions, offering blah blah blah - it doesn't actually say what the wick is made of. Now, I could be missing something here... But i've spun with a few different types of wicking, and the old faithful kevlar comes back to it every time... IMO anyways. smile

As Flint said, the five finger fans here are really good, or there's a guy making some new ones if you wanna wait a little while... wink

[Old link]

Check that for the details. wink

entheogenGOLD Member
173 posts

Posted:
Well, the circle in the middle for spinning around the palms plus the added grip underneath does make the khaos fire fans way way easier to manipulate than how the hop ones are set up, but agreed overpriced and the flame shape construction seems somehow all wrong.

There were fans with a similiar circle/ under grip construction on sale at the Kiew fire festival for just 30 euros a pair- and the shape was also much more fan appropriate; a nice design and when lined up together they made a perfect circle, which I believe the khaos ones dont do. Very annoyed with myself that I didnt buy a pair when I had the chance. Is there by any chance someone out there that knows what Im talking about, and can I somehow order them online?

'There are two mantras in life, yum and yuk. I choose yum.'

SophiBubbleGOLD Member
stranger
1 post

Posted:
I personally use the rope wicked fans, i find they are more aesthetically pleasing on fire and produce a bigger flame but are good for learning i find as well when unlit (i learnt with them).

I find if you want to get into using a larger set of fans it's best to start out with larger ones, it really depends what kind of result you're after though. smile

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
@ entheogen: talking about these?

https://www.oddballs.co.uk/pyro-pixies-fire-fans-large-basic-p-338.html

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

raven1991BRONZE Member
stranger
6 posts

Posted:
thanks i have been reading up on the khaos fans. they break really easy. so i am looking for a unique fan style that is easy to use. any suggestions

entheogenGOLD Member
173 posts

Posted:
Unfortunatly not fire tom. Spinning fire fans are really popular in Kiev, so I got to try loads out. I found the fans that had the circle to fit you palm- around the four fingers with the thumb NOT in the circle to function as the accelorator and break- to be far superior to the european variations where the circle fit only one or two fingers. Unlike the finger option, there was never any awkard repositioning necessary- you could very easily add spins in and out of any position with the fans- and you never dropped while spinning because the thumb is right there. Or maybe thats was just me; I never got the hang of the finger spinning fans, they kept flying out of my hand. And I figured, why bother when I can just buy the better manegeable palm spin fans anyway. Of course when I went back the next day to buy them the guy was out.

I know a welder guy who plans on using that design now for a friend but he's unfortunatly quite expensive. If theres anyone who happens to make these kind of fans in mass production out there and sells them online I'd be really happy.

raven1991BRONZE Member
stranger
6 posts

Posted:
umm where are these fanss

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
entheogen: sounds quite interesting, no picture to be found anywhere? I know someone in a far away country who is making fans, her name is Ute and she is ring-of-fire...

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

entheogenGOLD Member
173 posts

Posted:
Well, one girl had a pair that looked just like the khaos fans, not actually sure if they were or perhaps just a copy. Either way your friend can definitly look carefully at the base of that for an idea. The circle should ideally fit a centimeter or two loose around the upper palm (around the four fingers not including the thumb). Its probably going to be necessary to make a small/large size or womens/men size. I have quite small hands and with some of the larger circled fans my hand would slip through the hole up the arm sometimes. ideally under the circle there should be a 'handle' structure for easy non spinny maneuverability.

BTW Pozock managed to buy a pair of the ones I wanted so if you run into him anytime soon maybe you can get a better look.

raven1991BRONZE Member
stranger
6 posts

Posted:
thanks everyone

natalie_goodeGOLD Member
stranger
1 post

Posted:
I have these fans and have to say they are amazing! I like doing tech tricks and these are awesome for that. The wicks being the way they are make isolations look a million times better too! The flames I can assure you are far from small and actually shocked me as I also have the large lore fans from here and they are just as big if not bigger.

If you arnt looking at doing technical fans, lots of tricks and spinning then may be you shouldn't pay the price, but for me personally they were worth the money and import charge!