joffjkDIAMOND Member
147 posts

Posted:
there are a few post on this put they are all pretty old I was wondering if some one could recommend a good edit software which can have quicktime files imported. I don't want to use windows movie maker and I can't afford adobe, also i own a pc so puts any mac options out the "windows".

any suggestions

EDITED_BY: joffjk (1281351744)

I love thinking in circles

KaspurGOLD Member
Eternal Student of all things Skill
110 posts

Posted:
You could always switch to Ubuntu and get the ubuntu studio packages. Lots of good editing software for audio and video. Look for a ubuntu studio cd image online from ubuntu.com and run it as a live cd to do your editing if you don't want to install it. I run w dual boot windows xp with ubuntu 9.1 hope this helps as there are not many good options for windows that are free.

Happiness runs in a circular motion!!

G4dget

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
there is free editing software for PC out there

link

Got no real experience with any of it, but WMM - and this is a pain in the bum to work with...

At one stage I opted for Sony Vegas, it is maybe one of the best semi-pro tools for video editing. It is economical, comes with a 30 day trial period, has inbuilt tutorials and for the rest you find nearly everything answered in video tutorials on YouTube.

smile
EDITED_BY: FireTom (1281356634)

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

LaasyaBRONZE Member
Wind Dancer
126 posts

Posted:
I don't know of any specific programs, but you can try looking on CNET's downloads for something. You can specify OS and price range to help you search.

Impermanent are all created things;
Strive on with awareness.
- Buddha