Forums > Videos > Dual Ended Flowlights

Login/Join to Participate

BlackQuiltBRONZE Member
stranger
19 posts

Posted:
Or what the glowstringers would call... handles right? Anyway, here's a little sampler of some of the stuff I've been working on to utilize the different colors.

Please, tell me what you think! Feel free to give me some ideas of things you think would look neat. (And excuse the end there, I was a bit hyped up)

EDITED_BY: BlackQuilt (1280877866)

Trees are the Answer

[ Unregistered ]addict
413 posts

Posted:
-dark place

+flowlight

ninja

BlackQuiltBRONZE Member
stranger
19 posts

Posted:
Are you saying that the location and music could be better? Like I said it was just a little sampler to show off the things I've been working on with the Flow chuks. Eventually I'll be putting together an actual video with my video camera (As opposed to my cell phone) and'll throw music over it.

I was just hoping for some ideas and words of encouragement, there're so many possibilities with these and I've only ever seen/met one other guy spinning a set up like mine at festivals.

Trees are the Answer

bjrcboyBRONZE Member
journeyman
74 posts

Posted:
Don't mind him. He usually has nothing of use to say. Great work, just need to work on making throws flow a little more. I to use flow light handles and its taken a few months of ball/club juggling for me to get my throws to flow but they are finally starting to! Its very exciting.

BlackQuiltBRONZE Member
stranger
19 posts

Posted:
Yeah, I've also been working on just tossing it around with full rotations (Not switching colors). But naturally I'm even less consistent with that so I'm practicing more before I attempt to unleash it to an audience.

Any chance you've got some video footage of you using them?

Trees are the Answer

bjrcboyBRONZE Member
journeyman
74 posts

Posted:
I only have older videos but they each have a couple of throws.

there are two throws @ 1:45 & 3:20

and there are a couple in a video from firedrums, but there is no lighting and the quality sucks.

The best thing for me has been juggling... If you don't know how and you are really serious about throwing your poi; I highly recommend it. I even started club spinning... which leads to LOADS of possibilities. You can do practically anything you do with poi, with clubs. But then with clubs you can also do staff moves, juggling moves, ect... ect...

Another trick or two that helped me was:
Pick up one poi, spin it however you want then throw it however you want. But after you throw it clap your hands, then catch and spin again. If that was easy, do the same thing but clap your hands behind your back. If that is easy then throw, clap in front, clap in back, catch. IF that is easy then... throw, clap in front, back clap, clap in front again then catch.

The hardest part is learning how to split your mind and have your other hand continue to do things while you are throwing with the other hand. I found out that I pretty much concentrated on the throw to much to "flow" with it. But as always: Practice, practice, practice.... practice. With perseverance throwing poi becomes "natural"

Peace, Love and Circles
Gerald

P.S
I think you encouraged me to finally get off my ass and make a new video this weekend!