Forums > Social Chat > American Fire Artists LLC

Login/Join to Participate

Scathe FleshWhen there is nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire.
6 posts

Posted:
American Fire Artists LLC, is owned by Jai Roberts, who's name I've seen within the community. They offer an insurance plan that covers:
* General Aggregate: $2,000,000
* Products & Completed Operations Agregate: $1,000,000
* Personal & Advertising Injury: $1,000,000
* Each Occurence: $1,000,000
* Damage to Rented Premises (each occurence): $50,000
* Medical Expenses (Any one person): $5,000

American Fire Artists L.L.C.

If anyone can give me a review of this company, I'd greatly appreciate it! Much thanks, and love.

-Scathe

"And in this part of the world that is now dark, I must hunt the thing that lives on tears."
-T.S. Elliot

KaspurGOLD Member
Eternal Student of all things Skill
110 posts

Posted:
Well what to say. I do know her as she is involved in the community in KC, MO. I had the fire insurance through them for awhile but have since stopped using them. They only offer a year insurance plan at a time and it is by their calendar year not a year from when you sign up, unless that has changed. Other than that i don't know much, out of all the people I know who used or are using them as their insurer I don't know anyone who actually had to make a claim. Be sure to read their rules and regulations as they have minimum requirements as far as distance from audience and performer and some other stipulations.

Happiness runs in a circular motion!!

G4dget

Scathe FleshWhen there is nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire.
6 posts

Posted:
I've been going over this insurance plan for a couple of weeks now. I'm just a little concerned about the formatting job on the application. The print goes off the page. And, I'm concerned about what is stated "off the page". Ms. Roberts is hard to track down. I've tried to call them several times with no luck. And, only one corresponding email.

"And in this part of the world that is now dark, I must hunt the thing that lives on tears."
-T.S. Elliot

KaspurGOLD Member
Eternal Student of all things Skill
110 posts

Posted:
Yeah, I had some problems when i first got my insurance through her. I had to actually meet her in a parking lot in KC, MO to make my payment and get my certificate. Their website says that they have never filed a claim, so that would be my biggest concern. It's more expensive, by $60, but i would go with https://www.specialtyinsuranceagency.com/.
They used to be clowns of the us but changed their name 2 years ago I think. They have been around for a long time and if the main reason your looking at AFA is for a cheaper rate then I would consider going with specialty instead.

Happiness runs in a circular motion!!

G4dget

6 posts

Posted:
Thanks so very much G4. I've got to have insurance by this next week. And I'm sweating it, bad. The city expects us to have our ducks in a row. You've helped me out more than you can know!

-T.S. Elliot

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Scathe FleshI've been going over this insurance plan for a couple of weeks now. I'm just a little concerned about the formatting job on the application. The print goes off the page. And, I'm concerned about what is stated "off the page". Ms. Roberts is hard to track down. I've tried to call them several times with no luck. And, only one corresponding email.

Based on that you should know. Do you really want to deal with a company that may or may not have ever filed a claim? One that is THAT hard to get a hold of?

+1 for clowns.

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

CyricxGOLD Member
28 posts

Posted:
After hearing a lot of similar comments from other spinners in the community, and per request of many of them, I've actually started up a company.

S.A.F.E. Group

www.wearesafe.org

It uses the same underwriters as AFA, but it's only $125 for a year. I felt that AFA's markup was unreasonable.

I've also written different safety guidelines that are much more reasonable. Last I looked AFA was requiring NAFAA. Which actually stipulates that your performance area must be cleared of flammable materials, but then goes on to state that flora should be considered flammable. Which means if you were spinning in a grassy field you'd be out of luck. This, along with a few other issues with their requirements, spurred me to write my own.

Anyway, I myself am a performer, and am just trying to get us all a cheap and reliable option. No reason for us to spend more of our hard earned cash then we need to right?

Oh - and as anybody who knows my name in the community can tell you, getting in touch with me is never an issue. smile

US Performer liability insurance run by performers. Why pay more then you have to?

WeAreSafe.org

staefeSILVER Member
stranger
2 posts

Posted:
I've had mixed reviews with AFA. I submitted payment and application, which they do not accept online, and waited two months before i got any confirmation that I was covered. Also, i have never received a newsletter regarding any of the policy information or how it might change or stay the same from one year to the next.

I am not using them going forward and am kinda intrigued by the S.A.F.E group listed above. Their website has been at least updated within the past year! smile

CyricxGOLD Member
28 posts

Posted:
For those uncertain, please do not hesitate to follow us on facebook.com/wearesafe where we will be cross posting any feedback we get (good or bad) as well as member perks as we get them setup.

US Performer liability insurance run by performers. Why pay more then you have to?

WeAreSafe.org

Adonisstranger
5 posts

Posted:
I'd never heard of them before.
I sure will must be visited there in future.Looking sounds helpful!

lanshan75stranger
4 posts

Posted:
Very glad to meet everybody here,I am just a new member of this forum,I want to make more friends here,I hope you can like me.