Page:
FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
Dear Hippies,

There is nothing wrong with taking a bath, eating a chicken or shaving your junk! Seriously, why can't I go to an event without the dirt kidds riding me about my impact on the planet BC I make my hygiene a daily concern?

I sit and hope that an alligator will pop out of the water and attack you from behind the entire time I am smiling and agreeing with your over bearing views about my personal practices and how they damage the environment.

I'm willing to wager that I impact the environment far less than you do!

With Love,

Another Damn Party Kidd smile

The popcorn extends life... The popcorn expands consciousness...

WoodlandAppleBRONZE Member
addict
474 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: FireTomlaugh3 I could envision hordes of little pixies guiding you back to where you once belonged wink

Are you kidding? The pixies are what got me lost in the first place! I was wondering around the forest for ages before I came down and found a road.

I am a reformed raver that is now a hippy (I have the dreads and everything now)

and I often look back to my rave days and my fluoro pants and wonder if I was the one enjoying myself, or whether it was just the drugs I was taking, and it makes a big difference to me now. cause it all seems so fake now and that all my experiences were not real (a lot of them weren't)

It kinda makes taking drugs worthless IMHO

oh, and my body is a temple. blah blah blah....
It only accepts offerings of coffee and spicy foods now.

sticks and stones my break my bones, but ski patrol will save me.

EpitomeOfNoviceGOLD Member
Putting the "FUN" in fundamental since 1981
787 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

Will save the day...

wink

~Rock on!~

"As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle, being swept along is no longer enough"-Waking Life

(All you RLers this is epitome_of_lame *waves hello*)

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
Wouldn't it be an over stepping presumption for me to define what a hippie 'really is' to anyone?

I think I will take the more 'enlightened' path and pick another day to rain on someone's 'parade' smile

@ EoN: I did just lulz so hard I snorted a little. *blows the cavalry horn*

I love this T-shirt!

787 posts

Posted:
@Fugee: *high five* grin

What does some Pop/Mainstream concert like Glastonbury have to do with either scene? I mean like... I don't get it...

Anyways I do have an issue with lacks of cleanliness saying it's for the greater good because while moderating our usage of soap and water is nice and such, being disrespectful to society by being smelly and germ ridden is just insane. Not that this issue doesn't happen to everyone time to time, but seriously when it's done on purpose it's seriously demented in it's own way...

Unless you don't contaminate the non-consenting public we do have a right to hold issues if you invade our space with such. tongue2

~Rock on!~

"As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle, being swept along is no longer enough"-Waking Life

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
<---has a recipe for a superb laundry soap that costs about $1.00 per gallon to make. I should start just giving it to friends so they do less damage to the water. I already give away a grip of lye and potash soap.

EddieGoJamBRONZE Member
A Dude
12 posts

Posted:
I'm a person. I listen to music. I spin fire. Why is everyone so obsessed with labels?

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
It really wasn't satirical EGJ. Put on some brightly coloured spandex shpants or go vegan and see what you become labelled then. smile

787 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: EddieGoJamI'm a person. I listen to music. I spin fire. Why is everyone so obsessed with labels?

It helps us to describe the intangible parts of individuality to people other than ourselves and adds a contextual imagery anecdote while conversing about experiences to those who were not present.

I don't see labels as good or bad, but more so a tool to aid communication.

~Rock on!~

WoodlandAppleBRONZE Member
addict
474 posts

Posted:
I dont think Im a hippy, but I get called it all the time. I think its more funny than anything else

sticks and stones my break my bones, but ski patrol will save me.

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
I think that is the general feeling on labels. I don't mind being labled, it's inevitable, but I do mind someone preaching to me about how to live and think based on their assumptions.

*Looks around for the next presumptuous statement*

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
Wow, this thread sure got flamey in spite of the fact that rave and hippie culture are virtually indistinguishable. tongue2

And if American English was good enough for Jesus, it's good enough to have the canonical use of "rave" ;p~

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
LOL! I LOVE YOU SE!

triptricianSILVER Member
UFO Spotting
350 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Sister ElevenWow, this thread sure got flamey in spite of the fact that rave and hippie culture are virtually indistinguishable. tongue2

At the end of a three day event even the smell difference between a hippy and a raver are indistinguishable! The only difference would be how long they have smelt like that for...:P

would rather have a bottle-in-front-of-me than a frontal lobotomy

"The dangers of life are infinate and among them is safety"(geothe)

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
lol2 kids need labels - and those only growing old, they need them even harder 'cause they never manage to grow up wink

RC your american eyes miss the details in my numbers: 1,6 not 1.6 was what I was writing... wink and it's not "the total number" but "at one given time" ... demographics of DE vs US now spared.

meditate unseen - bm is epic too meditate

bounce2 it's finally a rainy day in Berlin and it's sooo amazing because the recent heat was quite dreadful on the earth... but I suspect you haven't learned to feel happy from the inside and dance in the rain (uffie - saying it and the sun literally breaks trough the clouds)... Maybe you're not able to feel euphoria in the middle of a forest, never hugged a tree and felt its power, patience and love for the mother. Maybe you still need to generate this euphoria by taking stuff? Wait some time, eventually you'll get there by "sharing" and "giving" heart wink

@ Oz - even if RC's claim is true that you try hard to be like the Us ... having travelled you both... I really hope you manage to keep your own identity hug2

A good party is a good party - and I never took size nor music over people creating the vibe... wink

weavesmiley ah - rebellious adolescent little buggers - I remember you sitting at the circle with BIG eyes eek gazing at the firedancers... now that you got some skills on your own you need to rub on us? Prove you got the balls? From behind your keyboard ??????? lol2 wink here - have another candy, raver - wait, pick your colour juggle crazy nana wink

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: FireTomRC your american eyes miss the details in my numbers: 1,6 not 1.6 was what I was writing... wink and it's not "the total number" but "at one given time" ... demographics of DE vs US now spared.

I covet what I see everyday. I really do take American eyes as a compliment.

Originally Posted By: FireTom1.6 m.i.l.l.i.o.n visitors

Remove all the BS dots and tell me what you come up with FT.

But I will 'give' you a victory on 1.6 million BC I omitted that I read that to see if I could get away with it.

Originally Posted By: FireTomunseen - bm is epic too

Don't get me started on BM! It's a total sham!

Originally Posted By: FireTomit's finally a rainy day in Berlin

Is it raining in 'Shanti' town? You may want to stay indoors and cook all day, but if you do that, you may not get a hippie bath. tongue2 Strange, I thought you were in Munich though. But seriously, spare me the rubbish about the forest and euphoria.

Originally Posted By: FireTomWait some time, eventually you'll get there by "sharing" and "giving"

FT, we've been 'sharing' ever since I can remember posting.

Originally Posted By: FireTomA good party is a good party - and I never took size nor music over people creating the vibe

Agreed

Originally Posted By: FireTomwait, pick your colour

Was it a personal choice to start using the Queen's English?

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
it's not raining... it's been last night. Now sun is shining sunny

oops "1.6" - my bad... smile sorry for having caused your confusion and not noticing after. We usually say 1,6 - my bad smile

BM a sham? At least an epic one... and ecologically sustainable wink

more ubblove mate - its the only thing that grows when sharing wink

Rubbish euphoria in the forests? Better than Fluoro trash in the cities - my personal preference.

Nupp - not Munich, it's Berlin all the way (and really I wouldn't mind it raining here even for an entire week straight because I usually have 6 months solid sunshine during "winter")

Is that now "late" or "early" for you? Should be about ~3am no?

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
[quote=FT]Is that now "late" or "early" for you? Should be about ~3am no[quote]

Almost 3am. It's an all nighter week for me this week. Tonnes of downtime! Feels like 3am though *yawn*

The price I pay for one great week last week!

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
None of the events in this topic are raves. They are all licenced events, fesivals or clubs. They all have their place but they are not raves.

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
^_^ <_< >_> true dat (._.) ; ) even though they started out as such...

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
and SE - don't worry, this is just the way RC and I tell each other "I love you" wink

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
This is how Tom tells anyone "I love you" tongue2

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
spank Especially when they pick on Hippies or the UK party scene...

Non-Https Image Link

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: FTEspecially when they pick on Hippies or the UK party scene...

Go back and read to see what brought on the UK party scene squabble wink

You know what a hippie is?!? (sarcasm)

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
Haha I've met some pretty awesome hippies myself tongue2 One time I had a hippie that worked at a 711 commenting on my bone necklace laugh3 I couldn't help but laugh at how she talked afterward because it was the most stereotypical hippie voice I've ever heard lol2

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
EoN, go get the cordless sawsall and some motor oil and case out a place. I'll get some DJ's, lights, sound and a Genny. Keep your running shoes on.

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Refuge CrewOriginally Posted By: FTEspecially when they pick on Hippies or the UK party scene...

Go back and read to see what brought on the UK party scene squabble wink

You know what a hippie is?!? (sarcasm)

not me... but you tell me who put up a squabble by choosing such catchy title, mister wink why don't you just peacefully tell your opinion to the next Hippie face2face than going on insulting me friends from the comfort of your keyboard?

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

I know them aint no Hippies (yet)

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
FT you so frequently put up your own provocative posts, that I admittedly troll on occasion. I was simply retaliating. Don't attack me, I won't attack you wink Frankly, you're not fit to speak of peace to me.

And these people, in these pictures, are wannabes having fun. They usually become productive drones or hippies about the time they've had one bad trip too many.

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Candy ravers are "wannabes"?

So who's then a real raver? You?

787 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Refuge CrewEoN, go get the cordless sawsall and some motor oil and case out a place. I'll get some DJ's, lights, sound and a Genny. Keep your running shoes on.

On it!

Wow that takes one back in time really far!!! I was a somewhat naughty youngin' come to think of it... ubbrollsmile

~Rock on!~

787 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: FireTomCandy ravers are "wannabes"?

So who's then a real raver? You?

They were considered posers before I became a part of the game in the late 90s and honestly ruin the scene's dignity, integrity, and true essence...

However since we're all inclusive I'm polite and let it slide, won't let obnoxious kids with shady motives ruin a good night, music, and dancing for me. It's a waste and counterproductive for everyone when you can just live and let live, not too many candy kids at the parties I attend because they aren't into the music and other parts of the scene that draws me in personally.

You won't see an etard in a dance battle or circle. You won't see a friendlier rivalry than that amongst the househeads and breakers! You also won't see the candy ravers within' the trance tribes either, the congregate in their own corner within the subculture.

~Rock on!~

Page: