Forums > Help! > Mysterious torch happening.

Login/Join to Participate

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
Ok last saturday I had a performance, I was payed for fire poi, and asked to do fire breathing, and I did some fire eating. This is about the breathing part. I think some others thought it was a trick of mine but I was holding my torch after taking in a deep breath, I held it stil above me and a little before I spit, the torch just went poof! It went out! It was at full flame size and just poofed out without being moved o0 I then inserted it back into a fire to relight it and it wasn't even flickering. I was telling my friend that I'm having some troubles and I go back to see if I ca light it and it just lights up like normal and I continue.

Can someone please explain what the censored happened because I'm a curious little bugger that wants answers to end the pain of not knowing!

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
i dont know about your current situation but i know a safe easy way to do fire breathing get a finger flame type thing that is just a torch on the end of your finger and use corn flower in your palm and just exhale on to the corn flower to blow it on to the torch an poof you breath fire

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
Well you figure they pay for it because of the danger factor involved. Also the traditional method would give much bigger flames. I just trust the kerosene will not light on my skin and I have dunked my hand in kero and put it over a lighter to show before. Besides, there's a certain thing about slowly overcoming that old fear of fire that came from having my face on fire from Colemans that just makes me feel better inside smile

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
well the fear of fire is a natural thing that we all have but it should not be fear it should be respect in fears place

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus