Page:
FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
Dear Hippies,

There is nothing wrong with taking a bath, eating a chicken or shaving your junk! Seriously, why can't I go to an event without the dirt kidds riding me about my impact on the planet BC I make my hygiene a daily concern?

I sit and hope that an alligator will pop out of the water and attack you from behind the entire time I am smiling and agreeing with your over bearing views about my personal practices and how they damage the environment.

I'm willing to wager that I impact the environment far less than you do!

With Love,

Another Damn Party Kidd smile

The popcorn extends life... The popcorn expands consciousness...

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
RC - You need to chill out a bit. You took my original post completely the wrong way. It was supposed to be a bit of tongue in cheek UK / US banter and a bit of a parody if the initial post in the topic. You jumped to a(n incorrect) conclusion and started making unjustified personal comments - That is why I said I didn't see the point in arguing with you.
You'll also notice (if you re-read the topic) that it was you that started the national 'scene' debate (that I never joined in with).

You have made some fairly bizzarre assumptions and comments in your posts. If I had to guess, I'd say that you were quite young.

I'm not going to explain my background to you in public (if you want to know a bit more about me feel free to PM me) but I think you should probably think a bit more before about how you want to come across to other members of the community before you hit the submit button.

EpitomeOfNoviceGOLD Member
Putting the "FUN" in fundamental since 1981
787 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Refuge CrewAh, we were all candy kidds in HS at one time or another. Give them the benefit of the doubt, and try to give them your experience and examples to follow. It does take a village wink

Not the Gravers... wave

~Rock on!~

"As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle, being swept along is no longer enough"-Waking Life

(All you RLers this is epitome_of_lame *waves hello*)

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Refuge CrewEoN, go get the cordless sawsall and some motor oil and case out a place. I'll get some DJ's, lights, sound and a Genny. Keep your running shoes on.

@ Seye: This is what a 'rave' is to most people I know. But the word is applied to any party in popular culture.(when in Rome...)

As for your latter statement, under advisement. But I'd suggest the same might apply to all of us wink

Is being cheeky and making banter an excuse, or a sign of immaturity itself? Like I have told FT before, it is possible to read more than what is actually being written and not a 'take this as you may'. But you should feel secure hitting the submit button for lack of accountability?

I 'assume' that if I were to say, "dear UKians(or any other what have you), you don't know anything about hippie culture or hippies and you need to learn more about it....ect. ect. ect."

Someone would take offence and play a word game to make anything I said seem wrong. Playing with semantics and immaturity is a HoP past time, and not localised to just RC. There has to be at least 20 examples of this from people other than me on this post alone!

I think finding out more about you would be a wonderful 'gift' Seye. Thanks for the invitation.

@ EoN: Gravers, lol! So many gravers do great fire work! If you chased down a graver painted them a little more cheerfully, and put a few drops of hippie in the cauldron I might pop up.

FT: I could be a lot of things, but in need of moral guidance from hypocrites, hardly. I just find irony in a hippie that will lecture me on my impact in the world, when I undertake huge efforts to reduce my impact that pale in comparison to all the hippie's talk. I would have also found huge irony in an alligator eating a hippie on a crusade to save the planet from the evils of human beings. Seeing how that same hippie is coming to visit me so he can benefit from my agricultural knowledge as well as other things, I would think, nothing I could say would be any better than what he can learn for himself.

MicroweBRONZE Member
Spin. Eat. Sleep. Rinse, Repeat.
24 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Refuge CrewI just find irony in a hippie that will lecture me on my impact in the world, when I undertake huge efforts to reduce my impact that pale in comparison to all the hippie's talk.

Not to mention that all that hippie's talk is producing CO2, and therefore polluting the Earth.
Now that I find funny.

"There's an inverse relationship between how good something is for you, and how much fun it is."
"Idiocy is the essence of the male mind."
"Interesting. No, wait, the other thing...Tedious."

787 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: MicroweNot to mention that all that hippie's talk is producing CO2, and therefore polluting the Earth.
Now that I find funny.

I don't know you yet, but I like ya already!!! clap lol2

~Rock on!~

"As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle, being swept along is no longer enough"-Waking Life

MicroweBRONZE Member
Spin. Eat. Sleep. Rinse, Repeat.
24 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: EpitomeOfNoviceI don't know you yet, but I like ya already!!! clap lol2

Probably because I just got here..and thanks!

"There's an inverse relationship between how good something is for you, and how much fun it is."
"Idiocy is the essence of the male mind."
"Interesting. No, wait, the other thing...Tedious."

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
Ah! My thoughts exactly!

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
IT'S A DOUBLE RAINBOW!

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
Lol Double rainbows happen all the time. I have only seen one triple rainbow.

787 posts

Posted:
Why is the rainbow guy making orgasmic noises??? Or is he not sober???

Wow...

LMAO

~Rock on!~

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
Imagine the sounds he must make during an eclipse!

787 posts

Posted:
Fugee! Is that polite dinner conversation??? tongue2

~Rock on!~

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
Dinner? I was thinking breakfast. I am willing to bet we could talk about him at breakfast because he would have already drank his mescaline and run off by the time you were on your second piece of fruit. tongue2

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
laugh3 that might have been a hippie wink

Fudgee - you still take sh1t far too serious. Can't be all shoulderpatting and polishing your ego my friend. Apply same standards readin my stuff that you ask me to read yours with. Semi intellectual toad. wink wink wink Taking the pi55 out of each other with daftness should definitely be okay in ChitChat. I mean this ain't a discussion isit?

You chose playground, weapons and topic, now cease crying.

It reminds me a bit of the "post pharmaceutical syndrome". Some ppl that take e's and experience it's euphoria can become quite nasty in social interaction when facing criticism.

My responses are usually reflecting the attitude I'm facing. All this boring labeling and condescending talk is a bit kindergarden, no? You dislike hippies (and their smell) just don't associate with them. Tired of people who play "twoface" keep smiling at people only to then run about and rant behind their backs, especially guising themselves with an avatar and a nick. I find that disgusting to say the least. Be a man or be chicken.

EDITED_BY: FireTom (1278498640)
EDIT_REASON: some 'jokes' could be taken personal

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
a-ya ge-sv-i tsu-ya-we-tsv-hi v-hna-i hi-ya gi-li u-ka-dv.

ga-wo-ni-s-gv ka-li-i hi-a gi-li!

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
make it easy on yourself:

Non-Https Image Link

Patchoulie anyone?

brenonfire413SILVER Member
Fire Spinner Exarch
514 posts

Posted:
Calm down girls! This thread has gone on long enough being horribly off topic. As the Mayor of HoP, I say enough of this event weenie waggling. Cease and desist before I banish RC to the Introduction forum and FT will have to spend alone time in Social Discussion...

tongue2

"Are you sure it's safe to drink bleach?"
"Yes, bleach is 90% water, we are 90% water, therefore: we are bleach."
-Nathan Explosion, Metalocalypse

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

laugh3 wink

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: brenonfire413Calm down girls! This thread has gone on long enough being horribly off topic. As the Mayor of HoP, I say enough of this event weenie waggling. Cease and desist before I banish RC to the Introduction forum and FT will have to spend alone time in Social Discussion...

We've been snapped! I have alcohol, matches, and will make the best of banishment to the intro threads.

One last troll:
Bren, are you going to Aaron's this weekend? Seems everyone is coming up your way.

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

787 posts

Posted:
[image]https://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/small/0805/equal-opportunity-hater-mormons-hater-atheists-demotivational-poster-1210388914.jpeg[/image]

~Rock on!~

brenonfire413SILVER Member
Fire Spinner Exarch
514 posts

Posted:
Yeah I'll be out there for sure.

"Are you sure it's safe to drink bleach?"
"Yes, bleach is 90% water, we are 90% water, therefore: we are bleach."
-Nathan Explosion, Metalocalypse

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
I'll be up your way in 2 weeks or so. Pin Aaron down and find out if he is bringing a stage or am I meant to build him one in Nov.

DrDrizzleBRONZE Member
Student of Life
32 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Refuge CrewIt was disturbing being lectured by someone who most likely, when they do use soap, adds phosphates to the fresh water cycle, from their energy gobbling apartment that they travel to and from in a fuel guzzling car on their way to the organic smoothie bar at Whole Foods.

Thanks! Dude, I was vending at a festival called Wakarusa not so long ago, and after five days of both "Hippies" and "Ravers", our beautiful mountain was littered with paper, plastic, trash, food, broken tents (trippin folks falling I imagine) and other shameful nonsense.

We posted a HUGE letter on the official festival website reminding all those who claim hippy affiliation that just becuase you wear patchwork and take drugs, you are not excused from your social, ethical, and moral obligation to leave your camp in better condition than when you got there. I wish Dr. Bronners would post up at festivals and open some eyes. Totally great for the environment, non-toxic, and honestly tasty if you use the right kind for your toothpaste. In our house, none of us drive, use no AC / heat (take off or put on clothes...its free and fun!) no soaps or cleaners that arent Dr. Bronner's brand and for the most part we grow what we eat and give the rest away. You raised a good point. Thanks!

There is no strong performance without a little fanaticism in the performer.

DrDrizzleBRONZE Member
Student of Life
32 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: MicroweOriginally Posted By: Refuge CrewI just find irony in a hippie that will lecture me on my impact in the world, when I undertake huge efforts to reduce my impact that pale in comparison to all the hippie's talk.

Not to mention that all that hippie's talk is producing CO2, and therefore polluting the Earth.
Now that I find funny.

I don't know either of you but I like the way you think!

DrDrizzleBRONZE Member
Student of Life
32 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Refuge Crew<---has a recipe for a superb laundry soap that costs about $1.00 per gallon to make. I should start just giving it to friends so they do less damage to the water. I already give away a grip of lye and potash soap.

Would love the recipe...Sal Suds are a little too expensive for my taste

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
@DD I'd like to do the quote thing but it is late and I am not up to the challenge, I'm sure you understand. The Wakarusa party website thingy was so busy. If you have some influence, ask those kidds to dumb it down.

Secondly, It's jacked up that they messed up a beautiful part of the Ozarks. I would have been your clean up no trace nazi!

That entire hippie thingy started over me having A/C, LOL!

Do you have this toothpaste recipe? Does it involve cinnamon?

If you like I can send you the recipe for some suds threw PM. I can find another from plant extracts only if you like but that will involve turning the Apothecary table inside out and praying the plant grows where you are.

DrDrizzleBRONZE Member
Student of Life
32 posts

Posted:
My dental hygenist *sp* told me that staight up Dr. Bronners Eucalyptus Castille soap meets all the requirements for toothpaste, and is 100% eco friendly...not to mention refillable and uses zero packaging (once you buy the original bottle). It takes a lil getting used to, but I bet if you bought the baby flavor (not made with babies but unscented) and added cinnamon it would be delicious

DrDrizzleBRONZE Member
Student of Life
32 posts

Posted:
Or rumplemintz smile

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
I could find a flavour for it I think. I will give it a whirl and see how it goes for me.

Page: