Page: ...
FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
Dear Hippies,

There is nothing wrong with taking a bath, eating a chicken or shaving your junk! Seriously, why can't I go to an event without the dirt kidds riding me about my impact on the planet BC I make my hygiene a daily concern?

I sit and hope that an alligator will pop out of the water and attack you from behind the entire time I am smiling and agreeing with your over bearing views about my personal practices and how they damage the environment.

I'm willing to wager that I impact the environment far less than you do!

With Love,

Another Damn Party Kidd smile

The popcorn extends life... The popcorn expands consciousness...

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
Dear ravers,

One photo of a rationalist nihilist death metal dyke spinning poi near a redwood does not make them a hippie. But really this is a post for metalhead/raver vs. other ravers who aren't brutal enough. I just don't want to start that thread.

(Also I hope this isn't genuinely getting out of hand, Refuge. I'm just playing as a way to vent about the high school aged candy ravers in dumb pants that ruined our Wednesday spin jam venue. I intend it in good humor, in any case.)

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
LOL! I knew it!

*sings we are family*

I just wanted to vent a little. Instead of 'Sermon on the Hill' I was give 'Lecture in the Water' last weekend by some drunken hippie. Not that it irritated me, it's that I sometimes believe that no matter what you do, it will never be enough for the wannabe 'Earth Firsters' of the world.

I don't just try, I do! And no matter how one may wish to label me, my concerns and actions are genuine! Living off of a well, and not being connected to a public sewage system I have to be highly mindful of what I put into the water before it leaves my house because afterwards it goes to my fruit trees.

It was disturbing being lectured by someone who most likely, when they do use soap, adds phosphates to the fresh water cycle, from their energy gobbling apartment that they travel to and from in a fuel guzzling car on their way to the organic smoothie bar at Whole Foods.

Ah, we were all candy kidds in HS at one time or another. Give them the benefit of the doubt, and try to give them your experience and examples to follow. It does take a village wink

Seaspraystranger by the day
924 posts

Posted:
meh... the problem with the Banff 'hippies' is they like the wrong element...

Too many stoners, not enough pyros!

Just a dancer in the dark

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
In the Gonzalo future, all the hippies will be eating oranges instead of smoking cannabis!

https://thecrit.com/2008/10/05/florida-biochemist-designs-a-citrus-tree-with-thc/

EDITED_BY: Refuge Crew (1278218924)
EDIT_REASON: added link

SoopaSILVER Member
As Himself
150 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Refuge CrewIn the Gonzalo future, all the hippies will be eating oranges instead of smoking cannabis!

https://thecrit.com/2008/10/05/florida-biochemist-designs-a-citrus-tree-with-thc/

Holy censored lol that's awesome

How come I haven't seen any of these? You could grow it in your backyard and no one would censored know, censored the pot I want oranges!

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
I'd like to thank Jared's room mates, Jesse and Dave, for this delightful info. The guy managed to get out 50 batches of seeds before the gov. stepped in and asked him to stop distributing them. We are all now on the hunt for the magical orange trees!

Soopa! Get that genny working tongue2

I for one am ready for another party. I may have talked a little too much to too many people. They are all about coming from all over the continent next year.
EDITED_BY: Refuge Crew (1278302908)
EDIT_REASON: Had to add high-fructose corn syrup

Seaspraystranger by the day
924 posts

Posted:
can I top it and say if at a convenient time of year, I might come international? tongue2

Just a dancer in the dark

SoopaSILVER Member
As Himself
150 posts

Posted:
next party will blow up

I hope

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Seaspraycan I top it and say if at a convenient time of year, I might come international? tongue2

All are welcome and we will sort you out if you manage an extraordinary trip. We have pyros in endless supply. The next one is the 5th, 6th and 7th of November, 2010, the one after that is the 22nd, 23rd and 24th of April, 2011. Annual FMG dates is to be determined.

Originally Posted By: Soopanext party will blow up

I hope

I'm frightened tongue2

Back on topic: Dear hippies, I'll trade you some potash olive oil soap for some party favours. grin

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: RCI sit and hope that an alligator will pop out of the water and attack you from behind the entire time I am smiling and agreeing with your over bearing views about my personal practices and how they damage the environment.

I'd suggest serious improvement of self esteem and less double faced social interaction. If taken this statement as your genuine opinion I'd say: Get some dignity into your backbone, mate.

Disregarding personal hygiene, using psychotropic drugs and being veg (recreationally) makes you a hippie boofhead
Not having concerns on your environmental impact, makes you a raver boofhead

I can't see any "vs." in this...

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: FireTomI'd suggest serious improvement of self esteem and less double faced social interaction. If taken this statement as your genuine opinion I'd say: Get some dignity into your backbone, mate.

Disregarding personal hygiene, using psychotropic drugs and being veg (recreationally) makes you a hippie boofhead
Not having concerns on your environmental impact, makes you a raver boofhead

I can't see any "vs." in this...

FT as much as you would like for me to take your 'suggestion' under advisement, this 'vs' thread is part of the general daftness genre wink

As far as self esteem is concerned, I'd say it's not really about that. It is more about being polite and choosing one's battles. I don't think that one that sits on the fence and can't have a stable opinion about anything should be advising anyone about backbone or dignity. We have very different opinions about what is and what isn't. I'd suggest you leave it alone at just that smile

So many things can make anyone a 'boofhead' but it's just nice to exchange fire.

But I do always enjoy your pseudo-psychoanalysis as well as the swing of your Germani stick.

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
Dear Americans,

You have no idea what ravers or raves are. You use these words in entirely the wrong context. There is a complex array of terms to describe every element of the party scene, please learn them. Also, while we are here, the acronym "PLUR" is just not cool.

Yours,
The UK.

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
laugh3

oh - daftness... pardon me wink please take into account that no matter what you may consider it - there might be people taking offense in your terminologies and context put, Guru-Ji wink

"Politeness" (or "political correctness" - if you may) is okay when facing cultural differences (Western ./. Thai for example)... but personally I rather sit on a fence and waving that stick than having it stuck all up the a**, replacing a potential backbone wink

Back on topic: study the following pictures - and guess who's my favorite wink

Non-Https Image Link

vs.

Non-Https Image Link

a hint for the boofheeads: peace

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: SeyeDear Americans,

You have no idea what ravers or raves are. You use these words in entirely the wrong context. There is a complex array of terms to describe every element of the party scene, please learn them. Also, while we are here, the acronym "PLUR" is just not cool.

Yours,
The UK.

The words 'raver' and 'rave' are being used to accommodate the general population's vernacular. Now you've done it! EoN will probably be along shortly to argue technical terms and the complexities of the party scene with you. I'm sure she won't have to run to wikipedia for terminology like you may. But, by all means, let's talk terminology so you can eat your words. wink

FYI, Goldie and everything the UK has produced after him, horrible! NADNB far better than UKDNB.

And having been to parties all over the globe... The UK has stifled something serious! When was the last time the UK produced an epic party? Germany just had one.... US just had one.... UK....Eh...........

It's only natural to be jealous, you'll get there again, I have faith in you guys.

And FT....

Non-Https Image Link

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Refuge CrewThe words 'raver' and 'rave' are being used to accommodate the general population's vernacular. Now you've done it! EoN will probably be along shortly to argue technical terms and the complexities of the party scene with you. I'm sure she won't have to run to wikipedia for terminology like you may. But, by all means, let's talk terminology so you can eat your words. wink

FYI, Goldie and everything the UK has produced after him, horrible! NADNB far better than UKDNB.

And having been to parties all over the globe... The UK has stifled something serious! When was the last time the UK produced an epic party? Germany just had one.... US just had one.... UK....Eh...........

It's only natural to be jealous, you'll get there again, I have faith in you guys.

Non-Https Image Link

It is impossible to argue with such retardedness so I won't bother.

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
Sadly, you refuse to believe that you misuse the 'complex array of terms to describe every element of the party scene', but you do. What's more, is that if it comes down to it, the argument over which country misuses modern terms, the odds stack in favour for NA, since their culture is more invasive and a bigger part of your life, than your culture is in theirs. How often do you misuse the other word in this forum, hippie. Your arguement would fail BC it can easily be used against you. NA has contributed to party terminology just as much as the UK. Just accept with the facts.

Sad, but thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy your garden parties! grin

Icarus FordeBRONZE Member
Just Icarus//Spinner//Pyro//Geek
261 posts

Posted:
Oh, for goodness sake, a rave is a rave. >.<

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Refuge CrewSadly, you refuse to believe that you misuse the 'complex array of terms to describe every element of the party scene', but you do. What's more, is that if it comes down to it, the argument over which country misuses modern terms, the odds stack in favour for NA, since their culture is more invasive and a bigger part of your life, than your culture is in theirs. How often do you misuse the other word in this forum, hippie. Your arguement would fail BC it can easily be used against you. NA has contributed to party terminology just as much as the UK. Just accept with the facts.

Sad, but thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy your garden parties! grin
As I said - I'm not arguing with you because it is obviously not worth the effort. Your own posts prove that you have no idea what you are talking about.

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
<---bites keyboard and does as he told Icarus he would do.

Would anyone care for some delicious Cadbury's? It's mostly enriched sugar!
EDITED_BY: Refuge Crew (1278332996)
EDIT_REASON: Had to offer NA owed confectionaries :)

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
"Germany just had one..." That's meant to be 'in time' and not 'in numbers', is it?

Non-Https Image Link

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

if you don't know the previous image, you're not qualified to even talk about "raves" as such wink

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
As to:

Originally Posted By: RCAnd having been to parties all over the globe... The UK has stifled something serious! When was the last time the UK produced an epic party? Germany just had one.... US just had one.... UK....Eh...........

Originally Posted By: eFestivals.co.uk2010's event will mark the 40th anniversary of music and arts festivals at Worthy Farm, Somerset, where Michael Eavis first opened his gates for business in September 1970, and now it's visited by around 177,000 people including staff, performers, etc.

for a comparison (if 40yrs of existence don't ring a bell) - Burning Man 2009: 44.000... can you believe that kid talking about "epic parties", "the UK" and has never heard of Glastonbury? laugh3

l.o.v.e.p.a.r.a.d.e. ... 1.6 m.i.l.l.i.o.n visitors

Non-Https Image Link

WoodlandAppleBRONZE Member
addict
474 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

ENchanted Forest, best rave ever. I almost got lost and died in the woods after taking a little some something.

sticks and stones my break my bones, but ski patrol will save me.

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
laugh3 I could envision hordes of little pixies guiding you back to where you once belonged wink

Guess you'd be quite happy to join our "garden parties", RC- this one maybe is too secret to make news across the Atlantic:

Non-Https Image Link

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
Your troll food or mine...

There is no doubt about the LP or Germany's epic parties.

Glastonbury is not an EDM event. Since we are comparing apples and oranges....

https://leisureblogs.chicagotribune.com/turn_it_up/2008/08/lollapalooza--2.html

225,000 not including staff and performers.

I ask you now. Is Glastonbury so big? smile

Largest music event on the planet - Summerfest

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summerfest

Combine the attendance to this event in it's over 40 years and compare that to the LP, since you enjoy comparing apples and oranges, and stick that in your pocket for a rainy Berlin day.

This is just at one place at one time. If one were to combine the figures for the entire EDC(an EDM event) tour for all it's time, like you just did with the LP, The figures would easily surpass 16 million. However, anyone that can use google can see that 16 million is an embellished number for the LP. When you combine all the attendance stats from all the LP events world wide you come up with approx. 12.3 million. Nice try FT, yet again, you've made another misrepresentation.

Also, Burning Man, is not a music event. Comparing BM to Glastonbury, is like comparing Woodstock(500,000 people in one place at one time) to a sewing convention.

I really could go on and on. Here are the facts, single setting EDM events are larger in Europe than in NA. The UK, does not produce larger EDM events than the US any more, and hasn't in ages. Europe does not produce larger music events than NA. Finally, if you want to make statements about terminology and the proper use of it and refuse to back it up, you really should present a better argument than, childish name calling.

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
Also, using a psychotropic substance does not, and to use FT's word from yesteryear, make you a boofhead. God put it on the planet for a reason, what reason if not to be used? So many cultures have used mushrooms, peyote, alcohol, ect. to induce altered states of awareness. It seems like a very natural thing to do in my opinion.

Page: ...