Page: ...
FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
Dear Hippies,

There is nothing wrong with taking a bath, eating a chicken or shaving your junk! Seriously, why can't I go to an event without the dirt kidds riding me about my impact on the planet BC I make my hygiene a daily concern?

I sit and hope that an alligator will pop out of the water and attack you from behind the entire time I am smiling and agreeing with your over bearing views about my personal practices and how they damage the environment.

I'm willing to wager that I impact the environment far less than you do!

With Love,

Another Damn Party Kidd smile

The popcorn extends life... The popcorn expands consciousness...

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
Fruit booters totally PWN the skaters. grin

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
And Alfred North Whitehead totally pwns the lot of them.

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

EpitomeOfNoviceGOLD Member
Putting the "FUN" in fundamental since 1981
787 posts

Posted:
Fruit booter???

~Rock on!~

"As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle, being swept along is no longer enough"-Waking Life

(All you RLers this is epitome_of_lame *waves hello*)

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
1,277 posts

Posted:
It's like a nerfherder, but dirtier. I think.

787 posts

Posted:
I've always made fast friends with Rivetheads for some unknown reason talking about merger demographics! grin

~Rock on!~

"As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle, being swept along is no longer enough"-Waking Life

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
Fruit Booter = Rollerblader

brenonfire413SILVER Member
Fire Spinner Exarch
514 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: EpitomeOfNoviceSkaters totally PWNed the Punks and Metalheads tongue2 skaters? censored skaters? Come on EoN. You might as well have said that rudies make a greater impact and ska is a long dead corpse.

"Are you sure it's safe to drink bleach?"
"Yes, bleach is 90% water, we are 90% water, therefore: we are bleach."
-Nathan Explosion, Metalocalypse

787 posts

Posted:
Hmmm, skaters have had the most influence on style, fashion, marketing, and music on a multigenre level.

Punks and Metalheads are only relevant within their circles. Who made big pants enter the realm of socially acceptable first? Skaters. Without who would many shoes and clothing companies not exist? Skaters. Who is responsible for the Vans Warped Tour? Skaters. Who influenced the creations of the X-Games and multi-brand sponsorships outside or organized athletics? Skaters.

Okay, Punks are partially responsible for the Goth scene which was taken over by the Emos which killed them both... But Skaters still win the PWNage I think! tongue2

You can present your case though! hug

~Rock on!~

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
1,277 posts

Posted:
Right, because skater culture is totally distinct from punk... tongue2

787 posts

Posted:
Johnny Rotten didn't have a skateboard... ??? laugh3

~Rock on!~

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
1,277 posts

Posted:
And 13th century Britain didn't have Applebee's, but the Magna Carta is still the foundation of the American constitution. Skater culture is largely a trivial and accessible development of punk culture.

787 posts

Posted:
Hmmm, I'll give it to ya Sis, where does Good Charlotte sick fall into this spectrum? lulz

~Rock on!~

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
1,277 posts

Posted:
If there were such a band, they would be dead to me. But I tend to believe they never happened.

Fire Spinner Exarch
514 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: EpitomeOfNovice

You can present your case though! hug

Little to show that isn't already aware. Skaters are to punks what shrikes are to crows: different enough but still part of the larger family. The skate scene became more socially acceptable over time. It was easier to buy out because it lacked any pretense of social ideology which most of the other tribes tried to adopt (skinheads, crusties, oi! punks, etc. etc.) Bands like NOFX or the aforementioned GC are more presentable than Aus Rotten, Crass, Last Resort or (old) The Unseen. Skating could be organised into an actual sport unlike say getting drunk, protesting and not bathing. It was easier to push baggy denim pants to trendy kids than tight plaid bondage pants. Skating is simply the most successful branch economically and in some ways socially because its not as extreme. On the other hand there was the ska scene: the music was terrible, the fashion was atrocious and they never even pretended to believe in anything that a few listeners might use as a reason to make change in their own lives. Not to mention the logistics of bands organizing a collection of eight or more musicians to focus all their efforts. Thusly it never took off. Skating started off firmly in punk roots and still possessed much of that mentality when it really went mainstream and was taken up by pretty much everyone. Time and acceptance have worn away a lot of the rebellious edge. Baggy denim and a board attract less attention than straight white laces on oxblood boots or a spiky leather jacket. Somebody who's focus is learning a new trick is more of a novelty than a vegan who makes homemade clothes while listening to Dead Kennedys and will at least try to present a case for social rebellion. Blah end of rant, if this seems disjointed its because I did this whole thing on my phone so editing is bothersome. If it doesn't make any sense read it over a few times and get the gist of what I'm saying.

Still its all moot: metal trumps all the aforementioned and its true. A far more enduring subculture with much more success in many ways.

Oh yeah, back on topic... yay hippies! Go team! grin grin grin

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: EoNWho made big pants enter the realm of socially acceptable first?

PFT! Fail!

Dead Kennedys <3 Frankenchrist... The rest was crap!

Originally Posted By: Brenyay hippies! Go team!

PFT! Fail!

If you buy what I am selling, you'll be cool, it's what all the hippies are into these days. smile

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
1,277 posts

Posted:
Plus even in the best case scenarios, hippies value and believe in things. Pansies.

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
For the record....BMXers pwn skaters.

LOL @ fruit booters

"Stupid censored rollerbladers, I hope you break yer censored neck!"
EDITED_BY: Poje (1279892574)

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

Fire Spinner Exarch
514 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Refuge Crew

Originally Posted By: Brenyay hippies! Go team!

PFT! Fail!

Damnit, did I say the wrong thing? Must do whatever is more acceptable...

Yay ravers!!!!! You go guys grin grin grin

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
1,277 posts

Posted:
I do have to give ravers one thing. Their pants are stupid, but their hats are frakking epic.

787 posts

Posted:
Visors are the best! Raver headwear is total win!

BTW I never knew one skater (I ran in a pack with them as a kid) who listened to punk. They all listened to grunge and alternative, wore big pants and flannel, and totally PWN all other scenes on shoes. grin

I'll wear DCs and Elements til the day I die! yes Even to the rave... tongue2

Hook-Ups was the best brand ever for Decks and Shirts anybody remember their gear? They must've went out of business when Anime was no longer underground and really started sucking by like 2000 at the very latest. laugh3

~Rock on!~

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: BrenDamnit, did I say the wrong thing? Must do whatever is more acceptable...

Yay ravers!!!!! You go guys

Very good! Wanna Starburst?

Originally Posted By: SEI do have to give ravers one thing. Their pants are stupid, but their hats are frakking epic.

I was always more of a shpants guy myself, at times PJs and a fuzzy tiger visor from breakbeats.

Originally Posted By: EoNI'll wear DCs and Elements til the day I die!

OMG! DCs are grounded and super comfy so you can wear them in a SMT plant without the grounding straps. Also I will wear DCs and Sanduks 'til the day I die.

Page: ...