FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
It's hard getting an honest opinion, or even do research about a product threw all the marketing tactics. I don't like buying something that isn't crafted to the highest quality. The trial and error process, for me, ends in disappointed most of the time. I thought I would post a product that I could highly recommend, to help someone out there save time and money.

Feel free to suggest some of your experiences.

Sanuk: https://www.sanuk.com/

These people really do make high quality footwear. I have a pair that have withstood the test of hard times. The soles don't wear easily and the stitching does not come undone. They are versatile and if you get them dirty you can throw them in the wash and dry cycle without worry. They will take on anything, for years.

The popcorn extends life... The popcorn expands consciousness...

EpitomeOfNoviceGOLD Member
Putting the "FUN" in fundamental since 1981
787 posts

Posted:
These two bits of footwear goods have passed the Epitome approval test and have successfully have taken a lickin' and kept on kickin'!

https://www.keenfootwear.com/

and for comfort, health, and hard to fit feet like mine make all your shoes custom and comfy:

https://www.superfeet.com/

Both of these I stand behind and purchased with a leap of faith (plus recommendations) from one of my fave local outdoor/extreme activity stores. Now that I go outside more and do more strenuous activity than in my youth I'm most pleased with comfort and durability when paying an arm and a leg for things. As long as they keep good condition I don't feel ripped off.

~Rock on!~

"As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle, being swept along is no longer enough"-Waking Life

(All you RLers this is epitome_of_lame *waves hello*)

JaredWSILVER Member
enthusiast
375 posts

Posted:
Best thing ever.

https://www.vibramfivefingers.com/

Kind of a pain in the ass for me to put on cause all but my big toes have been broken, but once I manage to get them on they're great.

I wear them all the time in and out of water.

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
Refuge, I just saw this today....

On a sad note someone died that Saturday due to heat exhaustion. So Sad! It was a guy named Matt Sloan, aka carpeDM01 whom I knew of because he recommended Sanuks shoes on the Inforoo board. We, Stephy and I, each got a pair and they are very comfy shoes. Over 2 years, alot of people have ordered a pair because of this guy recommendations. So I decided to e-mail the Sanuks company and ask if they would rename a shoe in his memory, since he has sold a many sidewalk surfers for Sanuks. A few hours later I got a reply.

Long story short, Sanuks board is meeting early next week to discuss what to name the shoe.

So if anybody wants a good shoe/flip flop, from a company that still has a heart, check out Sanuks, and let the know Matt or CarpeDM sent you.

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
That is a sad story Poje. I hope that the good folks in Santa Cruz do keep your friend's memory alive. I will be sure to post something about Matt Sloan aka CarpeDM to the Sanuk FB page and write them a letter reinforcing the idea. I have a Sanuk story of my own but I will wait to tell it another time.

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
A first look at the CarpeDM from Sanuk!

I told you I cannot say enough good about this company.

Non-Https Image Link

WoodlandAppleBRONZE Member
addict
474 posts

Posted:
even better than Keen sandles are

chacos

I own about 5 of these shoes:
five ten
thesy are the most grippiest shoes you will EVER see.

the trouble with Keen and the vibram 5 fingers is that they stink up a shocker.

And a new brand I have started buying is

loki

pricy but what they sell is amazing, unique and VERY well made.

sticks and stones my break my bones, but ski patrol will save me.

brenonfire413SILVER Member
Fire Spinner Exarch
514 posts

Posted:
Sanuks are fantastic shoes, especially considering they still provide decent support despite having such a thin sole. Excellent lightweight kicks that slip on and off easily, dries quickly when wet and supple enough to be stuffed into a backpack. Great summer shoes. I've been meaning to buy another two pairs and be set for a while.

"Are you sure it's safe to drink bleach?"
"Yes, bleach is 90% water, we are 90% water, therefore: we are bleach."
-Nathan Explosion, Metalocalypse

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
strangely almost any pair of shoes i own last me for years even skate shoes that people wear out in a few months last me for years on end i even have shoes from 10 years ago that fit great and are still like new

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus