Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
So I've been playing around with rope dart lately, and when I was watching a video of buugeng my brain decided there must be some hybrid of the two. That's when the kusarigama popped to mind. If you watch anime you've probably seen versions of it before; here's the wikipedia article.

I'm wondering if anyone has played around with using some version of this weapon in a dance-oriented way. I'm imagining a more stylized than traditional build, but most of my skill toy experience is in poi, so I don't have a good idea how one might exploit the sickle end for coolness.

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
well i have been wanting to learn rope dart specifically to learn how to use a kusarigama but they wouldnt be any different from a rope dart or atleast it seems that way

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
Well the rope & weight component would be the same, but I'd like to find more to do with it than doing rope dart while holding a sickle tongue2 Specifically, I'm wondering about ways to manipulate the kama that are eye-catching. This includes asking what modifications one could make to the kama to make it more interesting. So far my only thought is to emphasize the curve of the kama and use staff/club style manipulation to keep it spinning, but it seems like you'd have to stop whenever you wanted to do most rope dart tricks. Dunno. I'll try and build one and see what comes out, in any case.

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s