Peter_WalkerGOLD Member
stranger
4 posts

Posted:
Hey all Midwest Spinners!

The Detroit Circus and Fire Guild has an open object manipulation practice, Monday nights at the Tangent Gallery in Downtown Detroit. Just look up Detroit Fire guild on google for further instructions.

We have juggling, poi, hula hoop, rope dart, devil sticks, staff, miming, contortion, anything!

It is open to the public and the only thing we request is a $5 donation to help pay for the use of the Gallery and their space.

My name is Kanyon Walker and I've been spinning poi for 3 years and I am dying to meet all of you!

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
Why hey there Kanyon I didn't know you had an HoP account lol. And if there is anyone south of Detroit please show yourselves!

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

JuggleSeanGOLD Member
Ooops
116 posts

Posted:
Hey Kanyon,

I think I met you at Lakes of Fire in MI this past weekend. If so, I had a groovy time spinning with you and your friends. Finally got "G's favorite move" down smoothly on Sat. after seeing you perform at the Freakeasy Dome. Peace be with you friend, I will see you at Land of Nod Experiment I hope? Keep up the good work the vibes!

Groovy

2,280 posts

Posted:
Hey to all the people at the Detroit Fire Guild this practice at Bell Isle, that was an amazing time! I met so many amazing people and tried out some amazing toys. I got my hand on a giant 3-section staff, levistick, got taught some in rope dart, a little more of my double staffs, slack line, I can't explain the fun! Someone was contact juggling on the slackline! I can't wait for my next visit!

Peter_WalkerGOLD Member
stranger
4 posts

Posted:
Of Course! We got a 30 min set on Sunday! With a trio poi performance going to be done by Me, Andrew Hilliker, and Kyle Ford from Pyrotechnik! Going to be some fun times and fun burns at Land of Nod! I definately encourage any spinners in the Mid-West area to check it out! Can't wait to spin with you there Sean, peace and happy spinning!

JuggleSeanGOLD Member
Ooops
116 posts

Posted:
Wait...So your trying to tell me that I am going to see Beats Antique, Dr. Octagon, and a Detroit Fire Guild poi trio all back to back on Sunday!? Sensory overload! I am excited. My girl and I are only able to attend Sunday/night, glad all my favorites are on the same day. See you then friend!

Groovy

2,280 posts

Posted:
Yeah about that, I have a wedding that weekend far up north frown I wish I could go.

Majik DetroitBRONZE Member
stranger
2 posts

Posted:
Lovin you Kanyon <3