MaurEzekielBRONZE Member
34 posts

Posted:
Been looking at both the rainbow fade and single color LED poi in the HoP shop, and I've been wondering if either was significantly brighter than the other during performances. I've heard that the rainbow fade eats up batteries pretty fast, but I'm not too concerned with that. Would just like to know which one would be more visible from a large distance.

Thanks in advance!

Smurf24029GOLD Member
Poi Master Smurf
343 posts

Posted:
THe rainbow do dim pretty good. My poi would never show in picture to well, but I prefer the color fade over a solid color when that is my only options. The pro series ones here are bright but kinda faulty. For the brightest LED poi Flowtoys are generally the most favored by spinners.

All personal preference though

Fly High
Spin Hard
Don't Stop

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
Flowtoys Flowtoys Flowtoys...

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

MaurEzekielBRONZE Member
34 posts

Posted:
Checked out the flow toys. They look amazing. I'll probably go with those, but first, what do you guys think about HoP's flowlights? Just checking out all possible options right now.

https://www.homeofpoi.com/shop/productDetails/Flow-Light-LED-Poi-Set

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
The flowlights HoP sells are the flowtoys product. I've not used HoP's handle/cord set, but colecord is good stuff.

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

MaurEzekielBRONZE Member
34 posts

Posted:
Awesome, thanks. I think I'll go with that one then. Just need to decide what color to get them in.

Thanks for the replies everyone!

Smurf24029GOLD Member
Poi Master Smurf
343 posts

Posted:
I bought my Flowlight stuff from home of poi because I get a discount. As for the cords I am putting everything together from scratch so I just ordered the parts from here. Only thing I actually bought from Flowtoys was 4 rechargeable triple A betteries and a charging dock.

Fly High
Spin Hard
Don't Stop

Igneas TempestasGOLD Member
Just a few more minutes... zzzzz
16 posts

Posted:
Another vote for Flowtoys smile

I got my first Flowtoys ( duo's, and the tubes/parts to make single flowpoi ) from Flowtoys themselves but bought extra lights for the singles from HoP and will be getting future ones from here as well. Better prices, far better shipping and loyalty discount!

Love the Flowlights. The rainbow fade and solid blue LED poi I have from HoP are still used a fair bit because I like the weight of them, but the Flowtoys are lovely and bright and the programmable modes like beat and blaze are amazing.

Can't wait for payday, ordering a set of fire Flowlights with crystal cases+mass from HoP to add to the collection!

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
i dont know if they still have it but the hop rgb strobe is pretty nice (if they still have it)

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

MaurEzekielBRONZE Member
34 posts

Posted:
Which reminds me.....anyone know a promotional code for HoP? Haha

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

2,280 posts

Posted:
You can use my promo code: Vinny

I've bought quite a bit so it should be a pretty good discount smile

Smurf24029GOLD Member
Poi Master Smurf
343 posts

Posted:
My promo code "Smurf24029" gets you %15 tongue2

Fly High
Spin Hard
Don't Stop

2,280 posts

Posted:
I'm pretty sure mine does too then laugh3 I've bought a large number of things in my time here.

Smurf24029GOLD Member
Poi Master Smurf
343 posts

Posted:
HOP loyalty discount rulez. Especially the fact that HOP supplies most of the best gear for any flow art grin

Fly High
Spin Hard
Don't Stop

MaurEzekielBRONZE Member
34 posts

Posted:
Oooh, Hyperlights. I've heard of those, but I thought they weren't commercially available yet?

And thanks for the codes guys!

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: MaurEzekielOooh, Hyperlights. I've heard of those, but I thought they weren't commercially available yet?

They arnt, but get yourself signed up here https://www.hyperlight.co.uk/contact/signup/
for some of the goodness...

Non-Https Image Link

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: SpinnerofDetroitYou can use my promo code: Originally Posted By: Smurf24029My promo code ... gets you %15 tongue2

Discounts etc.

In particular:
Quote:By giving out your unique referral code xxxxxxx to your friends who are first time buyers
xx% of all their purchases will be credited to your account and will be automatically taken off the value of your next order's goods. (excludes shipping)
Do not promote or advertise your referral code or referral link on the "Home of Poi" website,
however please feel free to place the link anywhere else.
The referral code/link will also give them an additional xx% discount off prices displayed in our online shop. If they already have a discount then only the greater discount will be applied.

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

2,280 posts

Posted:
I completely forgot about that laugh3 Well he did ask for it, I'm not sure ifthat counts as advertising as much as a topic stating "Hey guy's! I have this referall thingy, will use please use it? I need the cash moneyzz more that these other ppl frown "

Of course, I could be wrong and what we did could be a sentence for execution.

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
well then next time i would pm the asking person smile

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
i dont think u'll get the chair for it

MaurEzekielBRONZE Member
34 posts

Posted:
Haha, sorry guys. Just read up on the ref program. Didn't know advertising codes here wasn't allowed. Whoops.

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: GeezaThey arnt

They are, but we're out of stock at the moment wink

Cake or Death?

MaurEzekielBRONZE Member
34 posts

Posted:
Aww, too bad. How much does a pair cost?

2,280 posts

Posted:
A lot o0

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
£300 plus postage... which sounds a lot, but you get what you pay for smile

Cake or Death?

2,280 posts

Posted:
I will agree you get what you pay for. But the paying for is the hard part laugh3 If you have the money GET THEM! If not, I'd say Flowlights are the next best thing.

MaurEzekielBRONZE Member
34 posts

Posted:
Yeah, think I'll have to stick with flowlights for the time being and just upgrade to hyperlights after two or three years. Really can't fork over that kind of cash right now.

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: SpinnerofDetroitI will agree you get what you pay for. But the paying for is the hard part laugh3 If you have the money GET THEM! If not, I'd say Flowlights are the next best thing.
I couldn't agree more. Flowlights are fantastic for the price (I hear) smile

Cake or Death?

Smurf24029GOLD Member
Poi Master Smurf
343 posts

Posted:
Also you can look at this with your level of skill. In my opinion if your not extremely good and still learning alot really expensive poi is not a good choice. Ite best to be novice with nivice gear. As you progress you buy your gear according to your level. My budddy did that with staff. Has a crappy old flowstaff and cant do contact with it, so hes saving up for a nice fire staff.

Still Flowtoys FTW tongue2

Fly High
Spin Hard
Don't Stop