Page:
SoopaSILVER Member
As Himself
150 posts

Posted:
I want to get a 4 flowlight set up, flowlight heads and handles

My only qualm is that I don't plan on having cases on the handles as the cases would make them quite bulky (as far as handles are concerned) but I don't want them to just shatter if dropped so I want to know if anyone thinks this will happen

I am told the newer flowlights are quite durable, but I am admittedly skeptical.

Also, can anyone give me an exact weight of the flowlights with crystal cases and flowmass? I've been told you end up sacrificing brightness and brilliance for an unimpressive increase in weight

I really just don't want to drop a hundred bucks and end up dissatisfied

AgentChesterDesmondGOLD Member
stranger
19 posts

Posted:
The crystal poi cases themselves are not expensive at all. They are $5 a piece.

SoopaSILVER Member
As Himself
150 posts

Posted:
I was comparing them to ipod cases which are a dime a dozen lol

Not saying the are expensive, just more so than one would expect and we have come to an agreement why so it's all good

SoopaSILVER Member
As Himself
150 posts

Posted:
Just bought them grin

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
Got to use my new rig at the Glitch Mob show last week and the crystal cases were just fine on the handles. Made them easier to hold, really, though all my poi have kinda chunky grips.

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

JaredWSILVER Member
enthusiast
375 posts

Posted:
Got new cases on the way for mine too. Actually picked up several things from Flowtoys and HoP this week. It's all just components, no actually lights or anything, but I've got 3 sets of lights now so I should be good on those for another week or two. laugh3

EpitomeOfNoviceGOLD Member
Putting the "FUN" in fundamental since 1981
787 posts

Posted:
I just ordered my flowlights, cases, and masses. I'm making a rig with swivels and colecord (the idea is for each end to be fully interchangeable for handles and ends consisting of 4 swivels) has anyone else used this formula and how was it?

I got to play with a set over the weekend and thought that would make it the best for all types of poi. (I picked 2 watermelons and 2 spirits, thought they would look good together)

~Rock on!~

"As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle, being swept along is no longer enough"-Waking Life

(All you RLers this is epitome_of_lame *waves hello*)

SoopaSILVER Member
As Himself
150 posts

Posted:
I ordered some watermelons and got an e-mail that they were out

This really bothers me

787 posts

Posted:
Yeah they'll be out for like another week so I got mine from Flowtoys, was a bit of a bummer, but I want to get them before Click at The Paradox in Bmore so I split my order between two sites for what I needed.

~Rock on!~

"As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle, being swept along is no longer enough"-Waking Life

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
I hope I get my stuff today because I have a cousin's grad party tomorrow and I really want those pants! As well as my flowlights smile

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

Smurf24029GOLD Member
Poi Master Smurf
343 posts

Posted:
OMG are they really out of watermelon flowlights????? I bout my colors before I could really afford them so I was guaranteed my colors. So happy I made that choice I have my Water 1 and Watermelon already.

Fly High
Spin Hard
Don't Stop

2,280 posts

Posted:
Out of them on HoP I think, not on Flowtoys. I must say, the Water 1's are EXTREMELY BRIGHT! It is ridiculous. It, OH NO!!!!! AS I WAS TYPING THAT GODDAMN FUSHIGI COMMERCIAL CAME ON TV!!! I heard the first couple seconds and was like, "No... It can't be... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Smurf24029GOLD Member
Poi Master Smurf
343 posts

Posted:
Ok that makes sense. I ordered mine from here cuz of the amazing discount available. I am only getting my charger and batteries from the flowtoy website itself

Fly High
Spin Hard
Don't Stop

787 posts

Posted:
I feel ya Smurf, but I couldn't wait so I split my order. The Watermelons are nice (got them today) they are much more pink in person where on the computer screen it's a more purple tone to the pink. I wanted my discount too so all my Colecord, swivels, crystal cases/flowmass I ordered on here (needed a new travel candle too while I was at it!LOL) grin

~Rock on!~

2,280 posts

Posted:
haha I used playpoi's promo code and got myself a nice discount of idk how much percent

Smurf24029GOLD Member
Poi Master Smurf
343 posts

Posted:
Ya I used the playpoi123 code on flowtoys to only got rid of like 2 bucks.

Fly High
Spin Hard
Don't Stop

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
1,277 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: EpitomeOfNoviceI feel ya Smurf, but I couldn't wait so I split my order. The Watermelons are nice (got them today) they are much more pink in person where on the computer screen it's a more purple tone to the pink. I wanted my discount too so all my Colecord, swivels, crystal cases/flowmass I ordered on here (needed a new travel candle too while I was at it!LOL) grin

The thing I like about the watermelon color is the purply pink with the green creates kind of a frosty, whitish tinge to them, so they come out having a surprisingly cold color.

2,280 posts

Posted:
Oh the code got rid of $10 for me, but I kind of had a big purchase lol

787 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Sister ElevenThe thing I like about the watermelon color is the purply pink with the green creates kind of a frosty, whitish tinge to them, so they come out having a surprisingly cold color.

They do have a nice ambiance to them, I decided to use them as my handles with spirit as the poi for now. Gotta be gentle while waiting on the cases though. I used a pair of shoe strings today 'cause I just had to play a little!!!

~Rock on!~

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
1,277 posts

Posted:
Heh, that's funny, because I've been using Watermelon with Spirit as my handles tongue2

Smurf24029GOLD Member
Poi Master Smurf
343 posts

Posted:
Haha my friend wants watermelon and spirit for his flow staff. Also I put my flowlights on my chains for my fire poi. My quicklinks are to big for the flowtoy so I had to use a zip tie. must be super super careful though I still have some waiting for my cases.

Fly High
Spin Hard
Don't Stop

2,280 posts

Posted:
Well I must say, with double mass on them, these are probably indestructible o0 I love how I can have heavy lights! I can make them go slow and look like they're floating at times as well as fast grin I must grease the bearings on these handles though they're terrible atm.

787 posts

Posted:
Would they shine through a double mass? If so I believe the heavier the better and will order some more masses when I can! Maybe a set of Waters too... wonder

~Rock on!~

Smurf24029GOLD Member
Poi Master Smurf
343 posts

Posted:
Glad to hear good things about double mass. I ordered mine with double cuz I love the weight. Also I have only spun flowlights without mass, and I assumed one just wouldst be enough.

Fly High
Spin Hard
Don't Stop

2,280 posts

Posted:
Oh they still shine immensely bright through them

Smurf24029GOLD Member
Poi Master Smurf
343 posts

Posted:
Hurray for buying lights ahead of time and buying double mass without knowing if it was a good idea or not

Fly High
Spin Hard
Don't Stop

2,280 posts

Posted:
Lol if the double mass works fine for the bottom lights, why wouldn't it work fine for the top light?

TeamoGOLD Member
Almost again
124 posts

Posted:
Shoot, just found out that my flowlight cracked again, so apparetnly the glue didn't hold up. The light is still somewhat working (its a little dim, but I haven't tried it with a new battery yet, so it may be just fine). But on my other flowlight, only 1 of the 3 lights is working. Did anyone (I think someone had the same question) find out if Flowtoys offers their lifetime warranty with cheap replacements to toys bought from HoP?

Was gonna buy a couple more and go with a similar setup to what Sister Eleven mentioned. But I guess I'll ditch that idea now, since if I have to replace these 2 aswell, it'll be to pricey for my wallet..*le sigh*

SoopaSILVER Member
As Himself
150 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Sister ElevenHeh, that's funny, because I've been using Watermelon with Spirit as my handles tongue2

Damn, that was my intended set up

Great minds think alike grin

ValosSILVER Member
stranger
1 post

Posted:
https://www.flowtoys.com/pages.php?pageid=31#warranty

FlowToys states that they will replace any FlowLight for half price, i.e. $10. Interestingly enough, they don't require the replaced light to be broken and explicitly state that you can even do this if you just want to switch to a different color.

All you have to do is shoot an email to them at the address provided, and they'll provide a mailing address to which you send the old light (no, you don't get to keep it) along with a check/money order for the appropriate amount.

Pretty good warranty that I've taken advantage of.

787 posts

Posted:
^^^^
Good to know! One of mine has already started to malfunction it seems and I'm starting to regret not picking Earth instead of Watermelon...

~Rock on!~

Page: