Forums > Videos > Fire Spinning Super Move!

Login/Join to Participate

neospy369GOLD Member
It's my burn life and i'll burn if I want to!!
76 posts

Posted:
This is my fire spinning super move!

Does anyone else have Special Moves that they usually do?? SHARE THEM!

I spin therefore, I inspire. You spin therefore, you inspire.

leospoiSILVER Member
Poi explorer
108 posts

Posted:
Neck through-wrap pirouette with one hand and under the leg pirouette with the other at the same time. Double OH stall one in front one behind my head with a float down and plane change to corkscrew at the bottom. I also like to whirl around once in a while with same time continuous utl turns. I'm probably forgetting quite a few...

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
I'm working on a super crazy throw atm. From an inwards butterfly I throw both poi from behind my back and catch them with the opposite hand in the front. I've almost done it a few times and it looks insane in the reflection. Also sometimes I shorten the poi enough to where to others it looks like I'm holding it and spin it around me similar to freehanding and it looks crazy on video. Idk how it looks in person I'd need a mirror as well as ruining the body position to see it. Also I've gotten my antispin flowers pretty much perfect, at least in the reflection I do tongue2 And when I speed it up, especially in butterfly it looks nuts, I also do it in butterfly turning my body left to right. Also doing a 1hand 2bt weave and lean back similar to the overdone buzzsaw lean back thing, except with an original twist! I've been playing with a lot of one handed suff lately haha. Also I get good reactions from one handed spirals from the one hand 2bt weave and back into the weave. Or throwing one poi from a 1 handed weave to switch back to 2 hand.

Idk maybe I just love my ball handles too much? *that's what she said* there beat you to it tongue2 Also I certainly don't combine poi and staff? Do you do entire routines like that?

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

neospy369GOLD Member
76 posts

Posted:
NICE GUYS! I want to see some video! Hook it up!

And yes I do an entire routine with this poi double staff combo.

I usually start with poi bc they burn longer then switch it to double staff and then pick up the poi while I have the doubles in hand.. audience always loves it! Although it is incredibly easy to get tangled so there is always room for improvement smile

2,280 posts

Posted:
Do you have a video of you doing such an act of awesomeness?

neospy369GOLD Member
76 posts

Posted:
Well I have that burn when I do that move, but most of the time its an awkward view, so I'll make one for ya this weekend.

neospy369GOLD Member
76 posts

Posted:
Ah here is another move I like a lot:

The Infamous Poi Orbital Cartwheel

ExuroThe Prodigy
82 posts

Posted:
Sick Ase!

@SoD:
You just gave me a super move idea!
From reverse butterfly, dual btb throws in wallplane,
catch each poi with the opposite hand btb.
So you throw, hold your position, open your hands and catch.
Think it'll work?

I'll have to make some video action with you this weekend Ase!

You play with fire,
You're going to get burned.

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
@Exuro: I think that's totally doable, though you would need to be mad precise. You would need to arc it just perfectly, whip your handle at just the right speed, and keep your planes almost exactly parallel. But all of that just sounds daunting to me because I can't get my butterfly tosses not to go in crazy directions... tongue2

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

2,280 posts

Posted:
@Exuro:
I've really been working on it. My current problem is my aim because I can't move. You can't move because you have to catch it on both sides. I've caught a poi head and the handle once, but never both handles yet.

Also the orbital cartwheel actually isn't as hard as it looks. It's kind of hard to make it look real nice, but all you have to be able to do is a one handed cartwheel. The hard part is getting your legs as up as possible.
EDITED_BY: SpinnerofDetroit (1276910508)

RivesGOLD Member
Nothing but circles and smiles...
118 posts

Posted:
@Exuro: ha, got it in front of me, never thought to try it behind my back... maybe tossing each from btb to infront would be a good place to start.

2,280 posts

Posted:
Idk I've been working on it some for a couple weeks now. Still can't pull it off. I'm getting closer though.

TeamoGOLD Member
Almost again
124 posts

Posted:
I wanna see someone do an aerial (a cartwheel with no hands) while doing an orbital or a buzzsaw! grin

leospoiSILVER Member
Poi explorer
108 posts

Posted:
I probably should be able to pull it off, I just learned to aerial last week and I know orbital cartwheel so shouldn't be much trouble I hope.

neospy369GOLD Member
76 posts

Posted:
@Teamo: I have so thought of that aerial spinning action! I havent seen much mixed mayhem so it would be awesome for some aerialists to bring some spinning action to their table!!