Forums > Help! > How do I change my pro-series handles? Do I need bolt cutters?

Login/Join to Participate

EpitomeOfNoviceGOLD Member
Putting the "FUN" in fundamental since 1981
787 posts

Posted:
Okay, I'm trying to utilize my old pro-series chains (the ones I'm in love with and are no longer available) by switching from the double handles they came with to the pro-series single loop handles that I just ordered and are on the way. I thought I'd try to save myself some time and get the existing handles that are welded to the chain with a steel hoop off.

Needless to say, I don't own anything to get that link or even the swivel off. Do I need bolt cutters or find a welder? What do I do???

I know how I'm going to reattach them, but need help getting the existing handles off while keeping the rest of the chain in tact. So far the chisel and hammer, poultry sheers, tiny bolt cutters after holding my lighter to them has barely made a scratch...

~Rock on!~

"As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle, being swept along is no longer enough"-Waking Life

(All you RLers this is epitome_of_lame *waves hello*)

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
Bolt cutters... You can get a heavy duty split ring to attach it, they're more than strong enough for handles, but I don't use them at the head because of the fire and I'm a spiral junkie.

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

liquidtrancei dream in circles...
336 posts

Posted:
make your own loops, thats the easiest way, just cut the old ones off and get some heavy duty nylon straps or similar and sew it yourself

even chuck norris can't pin you down if your on fire

EpitomeOfNoviceGOLD Member
Putting the "FUN" in fundamental since 1981
787 posts

Posted:
I'm going to attach it with the heavy duty split ring, I just have to get these off first to limit parts. I damaged one (deep scratches) so I want to get them both off no doubt.

~Rock on!~

"As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle, being swept along is no longer enough"-Waking Life

(All you RLers this is epitome_of_lame *waves hello*)