Chloe'GOLD Member
enthusiast
324 posts

Posted:
So I'm interested in buying a hoop. It'll be my first so I'm looking for something on the cheaper side. Was just wondering if anyone has ordered from Tailspin and if their hoops are of good quality. They have cheaper ones (with shipping) and look pretty good I thought so yeah. If you have any other suggestions for where to get one from I would like to hear it.

Listen to Your heartbeat and dance...

Kombi guyBRONZE Member
HOP OM
225 posts

Posted:
I havent seen a tailspin design but have you checked out these breakdown designs, were you wanting a one piece design or breakdown
https://www.homeofpoi.com/shop/productDetails/Breakdown-6-piece-Hoop-Bicolor
or a triple taped design https://www.homeofpoi.com/shop/productDetails/Breakdown-6-piece-Hoop-Tricolor

EDITED_BY: Kombi guy (1276634911)

JuggleSeanGOLD Member
Ooops
116 posts

Posted:
If you don't need a breakdown hoop, or don't need an LED hoop, you should make it yourself. They are super easy to make, everything is at your local hardware store (we use Lowes and Home Depot in Ohio). Find the rolls of 1/2" or 3/4" irrigation tubing, and the corresponding connectors (connectors will be in the same isle). You can make many hoops for the price of one "pre-made" one.

Things to consider:
The reason I suggest buying supplies and D.I.Y., you will find you like different sized hoops for different things (styles and tricks). Also you will wants different weights of hoops for different things. The 1/2" tubing is obviously lighter. All of the tubing will have a p.s.i. rating, the higher the PSI, the heavier and harder the hoop will be. My girlfriend likes 100 PSI because it is lighter and more flexible. Although 160 PSI is common to find at hardware stores.

Tape, most tape for "hoops" are rip off and expensive! Look at "hockey tape". It is very similar and cheap. My girl friend doesn't use tape anymore, it just gets damaged over time and is a waste for practice hoops. She simply sands off the shiny coating on the tubing and it is plenty enough grip.

For all hoop info go to www.hoopcity.ca , it is the HoP of hoops (or maybe even better than HoP community wise, more active at least)

Hope this helps. I'm off to Mars, peace friend.

Groovy

Chloe'GOLD Member
enthusiast
324 posts

Posted:
Thanks for your input! And yeah I looked at all the HoP hoops. Didn't really like the breakdown design for my first. They were also out of my price range. And I would make one myself but it probably would never get finished lol. Tried that with a staff and I just ended up taping dead glowsticks to the ends of metal tubing for weight haha.

Decided to just go ahead and buy one from Tailspin. The service was good and they were able to answer my questions (3 total) all in one days time. Plus I could customize the colors and the way the tape was wrapped w/o an extra charge. We'll see how it goes... Should arrive next week sometime. Will put something up about it after I get a little time to use it if anyone is interested. =)

Chloe'GOLD Member
enthusiast
324 posts

Posted:
Haha forgot about this.

Ordering and shipping: Got the hoop ahead of time about 3-4 days. Came wrapped in about 2 layers of bubble wrap so no postal damage. Replied to all emails I sent them w/i one business day or shorter-think I sent about 2 one day and got replies to both the same day. Easy ordering, was able to customize how the tape was wrapped w/o an extra charge.

The hoop itself: From what I could tell, it's a good weight and stuff like that. Taping was done well. Overall, I would recommend Tailspin to someone. Cheaper than most other places I looked too.