Page: 12345...7
Tanessa
Total posts: 91
Posted:Just to create a little controversy........

SPINNING NAKED

Have you ever?
Would you ever?
What is your opinion?

Are you innocent?

Delete Topic

Tanessa
Total posts: 91
Posted:ha, ha, ha, hardy har har har
Well, now you guys definately have me thinking of spinning during the next rainstorm. Snow, sun, no problem, but I never considered the rain.

If you do decide to try to spin naked, I guess it would be best to not spin where "brainstorma" did, ha, ha, ha, or where there may be other "officials in uniform"
However did that one turn out?
ha, ha, ha

Delete

_VT_
Your Face!
Total posts: 1173
Posted:I,Myself have never spun naked,but since i visit the local bath house when in houston i think i could do it.

Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism - how passionately I hate them!
-Albert Einstein-

Peanut butter... It fills the cracks of the soul! -Paul Blart-

Delete

Jeff Lemonade
Total posts: 5
Posted:I'v never done it, but i think i would. It'd have to be a spiritual choice not just something some grog-head on the beach dared me to do. course i might have to be a little first, or mabye a little hee hee

Delete

Dentrassi
Dentrassi

ZORT!
Total posts: 3044
Posted:well so far we have naked twirling enthusiasts in UK and US, and myself is Oz....
maybe we can start an 'international nude firetwirling day.'

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

Delete

square
Total posts: 35
Posted:woohoo lets do it! we could even work out times so we could be doing _simultaneously_ *gasp*

you're a naughty potato!

Delete

Katinca
Katinca

See my vest.... see my vest...
Total posts: 693
Posted:Haven't done it on fire, but I wouldn't have a problem with doing it on fire.

Both Josh and I have said we would do it as long as it would be in private.

Don't necessarily think we would do it in front of a crowd of thousands tho.

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

Delete

bender
still can't believe it's not butter
Total posts: 6979
Posted:quote:Originally posted by The United Chains of Fire (Jon):
i like getting naked..

especially in the bath, shower, bed and swimming pools. far out, jon! doesn't that *BOTHER* you at all?!? I mean, what about the _children_?!?!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Delete

Benjamin
Total posts: 39
Posted:I am so totally skinny spinning as soon as I get the chance. I've wanted to for a long time now and mentioned it to my friend the other night who just started spinning three weeks ago. His response was, "I've been thinking about that since the first time I lit up!" hehehe. Apparently, we don't just spin barefoot in Kentucky.

Delete

Aalathea
Total posts: 80
Posted:two-person naked poi moves could get interesting.

Delete

frostypaw
Great balls of fire
Total posts: 643
Posted:Stop thinking of it as an ugly bulk!!!

it's not, it's your body. And hence what you make of it - you can change it, or change how you look at it... play with it like anything else (NO not like that, no spinning)

and what's more if you'd be doing this it'd be about spinning not how 'catalogue' your body looks

i'd be tempted in the woods with fire not so much for any kinda showing off but just to feel the warmth orbiting around yourself

ps. i had a bet with myself who woulda responded to this thread first when i saw it... i won

I can SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Delete

pyrate
Total posts: 23
Posted:I don't remember who, but someone once told me "Don't be afraid to be yourself. Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

<naked rant>
If you want to overcome shyness about your body, the most direct route I know is to find a situation where it would be socially acceptable to be naked (when other people are, out skinnydipping, at burning man, with friends) and just give it a try. The first time you'll be very embarrassed, and then you'll notice that noone really minds much, and you'll be ok. Some people will find you attractive, some will not and will be indifferent. I've never seen anyone react to a naked person in an appropriate setting with disgust or any kind of rudeness or cruelty. I've been at swimming holes where there were hairy people over 300 lbs, people in their sixties, people with obvious ...hmm... "smallness", and others who don't fit the usual stereotypes for beauty, and didn't see anyone snicker, give them a hard time, or look uncomfortable with it. In situation where the majority are naked, the naked people look more critically at the clothed people than they do at other naked people anyway.
I've never spun naked, but I'm a newbie... I'm sure it's only a matter of time. I definitely would if the time was right.

On another subject...
Even if someone is spinning naked purely to make it more of a spectacle I don't look down on them. They're doing their thing, and I have no business telling them that it's not acceptable, or that it somehow dilutes the art (how?). On the contrary, playing with fire is such a primal thing, I can't think of a more fitting way to dress for it than not to dress at all.
</naked rant>

Delete

Raphael96
old hand
Total posts: 899
Posted:For me its not a matter of being insecure about my body.

There are simply some places I don't want to get burned/singed/sooty!

Raph

Delete

DJ Dantana
veteran
Total posts: 1495
Posted:I am all about an international naked fire twirling day. We would have to select a day that is warm in both hemispheres. Maybe some time in late march or late august would be best.

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

Delete

mech
mech

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 6207
Posted:i am too consious to get my body oput in public (see the pheniminon ofpoi thread i created, which aint on the board anymore)

but sometime i go out in heavyrain and just stand there with no top on and sit/stand/walk in teh rain and spin too, but it just feels nice some times!

Step (el-nombrie)

Delete

frostypaw
Great balls of fire
Total posts: 643
Posted:Fine as long as there's noone remotely attractive there so i can't get overexcited doing a butterfly and do a er... parts-handcuffwrap of some description eeeeeeeeeeek

I can SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Delete

flid
flid

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 3136
Posted:quote:I am all about an international naked fire twirling dayJust when i thought i'd gotten the memory of your belly dancing vid out of my mind........

Delete

Lux
Total posts: 71
Posted:Yeah, ive been wondering, i'd love to do this, but i simply dont have enough self confidence or enough... something... to let me. i could probably go to bra and skirt... but i just could not go further. respect for being able to.

Delete

Dentrassi
Dentrassi

ZORT!
Total posts: 3044
Posted:i could go for the bra and skirt as well.

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

Delete

Forau
Total posts: 81
Posted:Personally I verry much like spinning poi being "naked" or well, in my underwear that is.
Because the problem is that when I spin my poi and I have a sloppy t-shirt on my whirt get's caught in the swing. And I don't have to tell you what effect it may have when I'd do that with a fire poi

So, not comepletely naked, but with the least possible clothing as possible.

Delete

BigDav
BigDav

Total posts: 175
Posted:well no i wouldnt spin naked. Hell i wont even spin with my tshirt off. Its because im very self consious. im called Big Dav because im a big fella. I dont have the most attractive body and there are too many love handels to look at. In theory id love to do it, but i just couldnt.

Be Good, and if you DONT be Good, Buy a Pram!

Delete

KristieEB
Total posts: 108
Posted:as a supernewbie, i would do it in a minute ...

i mean, once i learn how to spin.
i mean, once i get the balls to light the damn things on fire.
i mean, once i get good enough with fire that i won't burn my bits.

*newbie question*
i was watching a half naked boy on COL last night do wraps on his upper body with no clothing, so why would wraps below with no clothing be a huge dealio?

Delete

Benjamin
Total posts: 39
Posted:I still want to spin nekkie! damn damn damn, I want to do it now, but I'm in class!

Delete

Durbs
Durbs

Classically British
Total posts: 5688
Posted:A friendly bump to replace the new version...

Ah, the joys of the Search function wink

weavesmiley

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Delete

Tao Star
Tao Star

Pooh-Bah
Total posts: 1662
Posted:maybe i'm just weird, ubbloco but when i hit myself with fire it doesn't hurt, well not in a burny kind of way anyway. Obvioulsy i suffer copious amounts of pain spank becase my poi are stupidly heavy, but it never burns. cool

So naked would be just as painful, but lots of fun, i guess i'll have to try it. weavesmiley

peace

peace. XxX

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

Delete

GottaLoveIt
GottaLoveIt

Sponge
Total posts: 883
Posted:Bovril Monkey you're not alone!!!

Monkeys monkeys and bananas

Delete

Dunc
Dunc

playing the days away
Total posts: 7263
Posted:we need to organise a neked meeting so all us bare bums won't be embarrassed if others see us. Who want's to meet up? I'll get my penakle out if you get your boobies swingin!! ubblol

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Delete

pounce
pounce

All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
Total posts: 9831
Posted:ooh ooh i will.

wait, i think that already happens. it's called burningman!! ubblol

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

Delete

Dunc
Dunc

playing the days away
Total posts: 7263
Posted:ok the race is on, who can be first to get nekked while spinning poi (obviusly tastfully without to much graphic-ness so we don't break HOP rules) and have a picture of it on here??

ready

set

go!!

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Delete

GottaLoveIt
GottaLoveIt

Sponge
Total posts: 883
Posted:I'm not holding my breath.....

Maybe you could make a sexy but modest HoP calender?

Monkeys monkeys and bananas

Delete

pounce
pounce

All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
Total posts: 9831
Posted:ooh ya, we should have a HOP calendar.

hey malcolm.....?

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

Delete

Page: 12345...7