Forums > Social Chat > does anyone know were i can get a good diabolo from?

Login/Join to Participate

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
were can i get a good diabolo from, i am going to learn!

help me?

later days

Step (el-nombrie)

Nathdaninjamember
271 posts

Posted:
I can highly recommend a Henrys Beach, it's what got me into all this juggly type stuff(or a radical fish if you can get your hands on one but I think they've stopped making them). I can't remember where I got mine from, long time ago now, and I seem to recall that trying to find 'tinternet sites selling them was quite hard...

ah just remembered where I got it from. Kite shop in Edniburgh called....er....Wind things methinks...

boing...boing...When the naive man admits his naivete, he is no longer naive.Thus, all people are regarded by society as either ignorant or a liar.Wonders never cease, as long as you never cease to wonder.

Nathdaninjamember
271 posts

Posted:
ere' yar
Wind thins

Doesn't look like they've got a beach on there..might be worth ringing up tho'. There's a few on there for ya anyway

boing...boing...When the naive man admits his naivete, he is no longer naive.Thus, all people are regarded by society as either ignorant or a liar.Wonders never cease, as long as you never cease to wonder.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
have you tried a shop?

Nathdaninjamember
271 posts

Posted:
UCOF master of wit at it again

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
sorry.

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
sarcasam lowest form of wit

Step (el-nombrie)

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
um...compassion is...um...good.

im sorry ok?!?!

goddamit!

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
ivejust ordered my first diabolo, oh the excitment, i got a henry beach one and henry alu sticks, only 2days to wait!

later days

Step (el-nombrie)

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
Mechhead lowest form? really ?!!?
what about trying to light your farts.
or racist jokes.

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
"Lowest from" implies that it rates on a scale worthy of including good jokes, like puns (yay puns!!) and genuine misunderstandings like Three's Company do every episode...

To me, racist jokes, and nasty ones, like practical jokes that hurt people physically, don't even qualify on the scale, they are sooooo much lower than the lowest form of wit..

(jeez, turn into a Dad and go all heavy)

Henry's are good, as are Mr Babich.

Radical fish made a diabolo? I don't think they make them now...

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
radical fish diabolo
at charles
but that wouldn't be my choice

mr babash (damn I can't spell it either
or
henrys... top quality always.

Nathdaninjamember
271 posts

Posted:
just to clarify
racist jokes....bleugh..oh dear.
babach...er...babache metinks.
Sarcasm...as the saying goes..lowest form of wit....highest form of intelligence
lighting fatts?...okay I'll stop there

Mr Mech..alu sticks for your first..only the finest hey? the best I have is low friction hish spin nylon(i think), great for grinds but too heavy for suicides etc..

anyway...enjoy. and if you ever do see a radical fish diabolo about please please PM me, as I've been after one for ages. They stopped making them cos they couldn't get the right sort of plastic I heard..ther were rumours that they had secured another source and were going to start mauifacturing again but I ain;t seen owt to prove it.

...really must got to bed now...laters
N

Nathdaninjamember
271 posts

Posted:
God I hate typing on this Mac...typo's galore.

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
i just got my henry beach diabolo, and a pair of alu sticks,(they are REALLY SHORT!)from a shop called anti gravity in leeds, and i promise you by the end ofthis week ill have learnedt hethrow and catch!

later days

Step (el-nombrie)

omadawnstranger
7 posts

Posted:
Ok, basically I'm either going to get:

Mr babache Finesse (G3/G4)
Henrys Circus
Or this new Taibolo (the lighty version)

any ideas, maybe a mini vote, would be helpful, thanks =D

I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
- Clarence Darrow

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
I bought from https://www.diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/store/comersus_index.asp

I invested in a couple of Sundia Suns with the plastic washers- really rate them. Previously I had a couple of early Taibolos which were really not great- they weren't balanced and they would unscrew, so catching one cup when the diabolo was spinning would lead to the diabolo just coming apart- nightmare!

Are you getting fancy sticks? I have Sundia carbons, really really good smile

omadawnstranger
7 posts

Posted:
Just to summarise, your saying it's between the circus and the finesse... as i feared, one of the nastiest debates around.

As far as sticks go, i currently have the (I think) Henry's aluminium ones. they're quite thick and the ends have a habit of unscrewing however it does use alot less string and they're going to last forever. but i think it's time to get some new ones so you say the sundia carbons are good, i might give them a shot.

Thanks alot!

- Clarence Darrow

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
I use Finesse's and Henry's Short Carbon Fibre sticks.

Finesse's are the best for add on kits. The LED kits are cheap. There's a choice of axles, etc.

Circus Diabolo's are slightly heavier and larger.

omadawnstranger
7 posts

Posted:
well, I bought the orange finesse with red light kit and some new string. I'm looking at those henrys sticks, maybe in red..? Firetoys don't do them so i think i'm going to have to get them from diabolomoves. But that's for later, i've spent enough for a bit. Aluminium sticks for a while longer...

- Clarence Darrow

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
laugh3 how old was this thread! I'm gonna ask step if he knows where that diabolo is now...

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

4leek24BRONZE Member
Hyperspin
1 post

Posted:
my favorite has got to be sundia suns 275 grams. they have a nice axel and are very stable. jugglingstore.com has some good diabolos. if you want to learn more, go to diabolo.ca/forum

diabolo.ca/forum
ministryofmanipulation.com
upsb.info