Page:
Daniel_HendricksGOLD Member
The Hendricks Experience
41 posts

Posted:
Ok so a thought has recently come to me that would require quite a few hands and quite a bit more preperation. All I want to do with the rest of my life is spin fire and enjoy living. I know I am not alone in this desire. Therefore the only sensible thing in my mind has been to save up enough money to buy some land somewhere, make a generous sized garden, and live. The basic needs of food and shelter would be covered. Next comes the idea of companionship, and in marches the commune ideal. All comments welcome, but this really is a serious idea of mine so lets not get too out there folks. Possible location: ALASKA; homestead act is still viable in alaska meaning you pick a plot of land, make it better, and after seven years its yours. Any takers?

"it is something to be able to paint a picture, or to carve a statue, and so to make a few objects beautiful; but it is far more glorious to carve and paint the very atmosphere and medium through which we look," thoreau

triptricianSILVER Member
UFO Spotting
350 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Daniel_Hendrickshey! where'd you get that?! thievery is not allowed- its stated in the charter.
thats what we all got sent to australia for sorry i am trying to reform my convict ways.

and to get back on topic we also need cooks

would rather have a bottle-in-front-of-me than a frontal lobotomy

"The dangers of life are infinate and among them is safety"(geothe)

meshunderlayBRONZE Member
Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

Posted:
Just to be masogynistic before bed....

Cooking, cleaning, making me a sammich.... hmmm....

Sexing, entertaining, rallying.... uhh....

Nah, I think your list is fine, I was going to start adding things, but they are just subsets.

Though I guess someone familiar with the "codes" in the place where the commune would be, depending on what is installed.
ex. Building/zoning, electrical, plumbing, etc etc. As an ex-carpenter I know some places can be sticklers for small details.

The Hendricks Experience
41 posts

Posted:
mmm, cooks. and decent ones preferably.

"it is something to be able to paint a picture, or to carve a statue, and so to make a few objects beautiful; but it is far more glorious to carve and paint the very atmosphere and medium through which we look," thoreau

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
I would love to see what some of these hippy fuqs would cook up. I cannot get all my nutrition from cannabis stew! I'll cook food for me and my own.

The popcorn extends life... The popcorn expands consciousness...

JaredWSILVER Member
enthusiast
375 posts

Posted:
You're also going to need some sort of spiritual leader, if this is be a self sufficient, which usually means low tech living off the land, then a druid or shaman preferably.

GrottbagsJust Say Neigh
36 posts

Posted:
I'm a farmers son, so growing crops or caring for animals (also a vet) would help I suppose. I also make lethal homebrew

Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

Posted:
I used to be a cab driver, so I'm really good at listening and helping people with their problems.... ^_^ (just usually not my own, but only because I feel like talking to myself makes me crazier than I already am! ^_^ )
EDITED_BY: meshunderlay (1272062115)

GrottbagsJust Say Neigh
36 posts

Posted:
Mesunderlay, how many diverse jobs have you had?

I have been a postman, gardener, caterer, bar tender, examiner, waiter and caretaker(Janitor)!

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
Don't forget a physicist. You can't survive without one wink

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

Posted:
I've worked in a gas station, fast food, deli, convenience store, movie theater, factory, carpentry/construction, math/english tutor, electrical supply store, cab driver, retail store (sales)... hmm... I THINK that was about it....

I did also used to help clean down the mats at my former martial arts school for free lessons.

If I think of anything else, I'll let you know ^_^

GrottbagsJust Say Neigh
36 posts

Posted:
See just with the last three posts we have nearly all bases covered! ^_^

triptricianSILVER Member
UFO Spotting
350 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: SpinnerofDetroitDon't forget a physicist. You can't survive without one wink
one that is close to discovering perpetual energy creation hopefully that way we would never run out of power. Or a teleporter then we could just port ourselves to HoP HQ to resupply

would rather have a bottle-in-front-of-me than a frontal lobotomy

"The dangers of life are infinate and among them is safety"(geothe)

Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

Posted:
I um... I have had, for some time now, an idea for a perpetual energy machine, though it would require some energy to begin it....

My problem is I'm not a machinist or electrician so I wouldn't know how to go about wiring it.

I think it would work, if I could find someone to make what's in my head a reality.

Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

Posted:
I would like to say, I think it is possible to create something that will perpetually create energy, though I do NOT think that it will ever be ONE device but a series of interconnected devices working together.
Bam!
Where's Tesla when I need him?

Zephyre PhoenixFamiliar stranger giving out popcorn. (formerly Ascilith)
1,264 posts

Posted:
Very nice. Wow, i leave for like 2 days and this thread has grown exponentially. Now let's try to take this for what we have for sure. what would be the most logical place to do this for sure? We culd vote on whatever seems most popular. Cuz where will greatly affect our plans. Several ideas were thrown out but nothing was rly agreed upon from what I could see.

Never take candy from strangers...... But popcorn is okay!

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
This whole thing has been a huge work in progress outside of this forum. I think the where will come after how is worked out. If where becomes an option for debate, sometimes you take what you can get and make do with what you got. grin

Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

Posted:
Yeah, that's probably true.

Random things A) I love work, like... manual labor. B) I love to learn new things so.... plumbing maybe? Wind powered generator design? Who knows.

The Hendricks Experience
41 posts

Posted:
Question: Do we want to be self sufficient and non profit, or do we want to pursue performance, design, and produce sales as a profitable endeavor?

JaredWSILVER Member
enthusiast
375 posts

Posted:
So what's the latest new? This just kinda died off, has it been given up on for the time?

Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

Posted:
Personally, the past 2 or 3 weeks have been filled with finals and juggling festivals, so... yeah.

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
bloody hippies smile

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Adebloody hippies smile

WHERE! Quick, hide the patchouli and cannabis!

JaredWSILVER Member
enthusiast
375 posts

Posted:
I don't usually burn patchouli. I prefer Nag Champa or Earth Goddess.

Zephyre PhoenixFamiliar stranger giving out popcorn. (formerly Ascilith)
1,264 posts

Posted:
Haha I'm thinking of joining the cirque du soleil after college (one of the traveling groups) so thatd be a good way to travel and still spread knowledge and yet be back for supplying and for saying ello frequently enough

Never take candy from strangers...... But popcorn is okay!

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: JaredWI don't usually burn patchouli. I prefer Nag Champa or Earth Goddess.

I know what you like to burn!

Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

Posted:
I'm still very interested in this, (along with teaching, cooking, farming and continuing to learn new and interesting things), and I would like to think it is all possible, and can be done at the same time in the same place.

Oh, and lighting things on fire, assorted things, for performance or otherwise. ^_^

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
It's on the back burner ATM. I'm sure there will be some brainstorming going on at the end of June. Right Dan?

I've been looking at land. It's very dear, unless you are in South America or some other nameless far flung continent.

Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

Posted:
What'a happening at the end of June?

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
It's when a lot of us will be in one spot in the real world.

Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

Posted:
Well, I figured that, I meant, literally, why? Is it just an annual HoP get together, is it a fest of some sort? lol

I don't want to pry if it's private, I was just wondering.

Page: