MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
So these last few days have been my first as a "doctor." I am not a doctor yet and won't be for two years yet, but I'm working in the hospital seeing patients, examining them, and even helping to make care decisions for them.

I'm loving it. I spend every day (and these are twelve hour days) with a huge grin on my face and leave still smiling. Yeah, it's hard work, but it's so fun I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Yes, this IS really what I want to do and I'm so glad that I've been able to follow my passion like I have. The spring is back in my step, the smile is back on my face, and I feel like I'm a teenager again. Only better.

Anyone else here feel like this about their work, or am I just strange?

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

King Of Bongoaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Ur definitely just strange mate
wish I was like u.

Your life is ending one minute at a time...
So live it.

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
No man, you're not alone. I work at a graphic design company doing 3D graphics. It's just a summer job, and it's not a 100% reflection of *exactly* what I want to do, but I love every second of it. It makes me wonder what it will be like when I am finally doing just what I want to be doing.

Plus it helps to have a great couple of bosses, great coworkers, and good hours. The pay isn't great but I wouldn't change jobs for the world.

It is a nice feeling isn't it?

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:

yeah, it's nice to love your work and the team you work with, we're lucky 'eh

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
That's loverly

and you're definately not strange... I think it's strange for someone to work in a job they DON'T like... but maybe I'm strange too

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I love my job.

I gotta say I love it even more when I don't have to do it. Nothing beats a job you love and only having to work 180 days a year (and home by 4:30) doing it. Beat that Lightning.

Plus I get to hang out with kids all day. So I get to say things like "Yo, somebody burn me copy of that new 50-cent remix" and I get a chorus of "Aaight"... Keeps me young.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by NYC:
I love my job.

I gotta say I love it even more when I don't have to do it. Nothing beats a job you love and only having to work 180 days a year (and home by 4:30) doing it. Beat that Lightning.

Bastard.

I'm working 6AM to 6PM plus a 24 hour call every 5 days.

But at least I don't have to maintain order in a room full of unruly teenagers.

And just for boasting about your hours, what's it worth for me to not report you for abusing your teacher powers to pirate music, biatch?

-Mike

firemonkeyboymember
13 posts

Posted:
Always follow your bliss!!!

Death is only a change of address

Mtn. Girlmember
65 posts

Posted:
I definitely agree, firemonkeyboy!

Follow your passion(s) and dreams if you want to be seriously happy, and ignore anyone who tries to tell you what to be or what to do!

I knew in 7th grade that I wanted to be an archaeologist, but my parents tried to tell me that I would never make any money...that it was a stupid idea...that I should be in graphics/art. I am soooo happy that I followed my dreams. Come to think of it, I'd probably be unemployed now 'cause all the graphic artists were laid off during the dot com crash.

Now as a teacher, I meet too many kids (unfortunately) who don't have any direction in life, and base their careers on money. I guess it's an option, but sad to see and hear - I think I would try to expose my kids to as many interesting things as possible, like museums, art, astronomy, animals, etc. to expand their minds.

Also, every time I return from Burning Man, my reality of life is totally altered for the better. Makes me think more about how I can become a better person rather than just a product of my job.

The experience of learning is living.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
So this really nice lady came in with a problem. I won't say what it was, because it involved her privates and it's kind of gross. But she's 69 years old (my mom's age) and a very nice lady, the sort of patient you really want to be able to help.

We operated. She's all fixed.

Know how good that makes me feel? I can't even describe...

-Mike