• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Ringshadow
SILVER Member since Oct 2009

Ringshadow

journeyman

Total posts: 81
Posted:I'm finding myself kind of directionless on what to learn next, so I figure hey, I'll ask for opinions.

I'm a noob and I have to take this slow because I'm not exactly the most coordinated person on the planet. The few moves I know: Butterfly, Corkscrew, Crossover, Two Beat Weave, Three Beat Weave.

And looking at that list, wow. I feel kind of bad.

Happiness is a skill, not a commodity
I have been kidnapped by hooping.

Delete Topic

LaLaLand
GOLD Member since Jan 2010

Total posts: 33
Posted:Archer weave, mexican weave, over the head butterfly, 5 beat weave (it's not as scary as it sounds), 4 beat corkscrew and windmill (followed by matrix move... variation of 4 beat corkscrew), hip reels, shoulder reels... turning with those. And if you can do it same-time, try split-time.
There is a definition of the basics on youtube by Nick Woolsey

I'm so smart I'm practically retarded.

Delete

LaLaLand
GOLD Member since Jan 2010

Total posts: 33
Posted:and the fountain!!!

I'm so smart I'm practically retarded.

Delete

SpinnerofDetroit
GOLD Member since Oct 2009

SpinnerofDetroit

All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want

Total posts: 2280
Posted:Spiral wraps were really fun to learn grin hyperloops and orbitals were fun to learn. Flowers, learn them, they are awesome. There is so much more you can do than them than you would believe. Crosser extention, butterfly crosser. Meltdown, wallplane meltdown, btb weave. 2bt waistwrap in front of you, butterfly weave, Pacman Twist smile

Stalls, carryover, buzzsaw, butterfly buzzsaw split and same, and it may sound silly, but same time same direction buzzsaw looks really cool with fire in a same time buzzsaw fountain wink

Extentions, whirling in place, whirling in a circle, over the head spiral wraps

And that should cover you for a long time grin

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

Delete

Smurf24029
GOLD Member since Sep 2009

Smurf24029

Poi Master Smurf

Total posts: 343
Posted:Butterfly side to side. AKA pacman twist. Kind of a move at first but more of something that helps you learn to move in opposites

Fly High
Spin Hard
Don't Stop

Delete

Sister Eleven
GOLD Member since Aug 2009

Sister Eleven

owner of the group property

Total posts: 1277
Posted:Flowers, stalls/pendulums, being able to turn solidly in various positions, thread the needle and variations, five beat weaves and archer's variations on all your weaves. I think these are hugely powerful things to learn for mobility and transitions.

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

Delete

aston
SILVER Member since Dec 2007

aston

Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League

Total posts: 4061
Posted:Pretty much what has been said. There are also a bunch of threads covering this which may have more stuff.

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

Delete

Geeza
GOLD Member since May 2006

Geeza

addict

Total posts: 694
Posted:everything in reverse, then transitioning between moves - crossover > weave > backwards weave > stall one > butterly...

maybe try thread the needle, behind back, extensions, flowers, isolations, hybrids

Delete

anelaen

anelaen

in the sky

Total posts: 30
Posted:This is something I see a lot with fire: wallplane box opposite "flowers," if you will, they appear to go into a stall on one side, jerk the poi behind them into a split time, (opposite as before) direction boxed flower. I've tried this, haven't perfected it.

"you have to imagine the impossible is merely preposterous"

Delete