GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
My plan is to make some simple cheap poi that weight can be added to by filling the balls with popcorn seeds. Doesnt matter if these get lost as it will have only cost me a fiver or something instead of £60 or £306!

I purchased 4 1 meter lengths of colecord, 2 no10 swivels and some tennis balls from a shop

I will make 2 holes in each ball with a knot on the other side. I am having the swivels on the handle end as I always to.

Just one question, would handles be made by simply taking a short length of chopped off colecord and making a hoop with a knot in? How could I fuse two ends together (avoiding the knot?) I could of course use my handles and dlinks off my flowpoi but that would defeat the object of them being cheaply

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
You could melt the ends together?

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

johndhaiveGOLD Member
Kebab Embalmer
316 posts

Posted:
i tried colecords for handles but didn't workout for me.. it is too thin for a handle especially single loop.... after spinning a while you'll feel a little bit of hurting on your fingers due to tension while spinning... i haven't tried to double the strands though...

Tam tam tam cheketitamtam, ketumpantam, ketumpan kete kete kete, tam tam tam ketumpanketey!

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
I would think you could use it to make a monkeyfist around a large marble or something, or you could do an crown knot going up and down it's length to make it wider. That would make such a soft throwing handle grin

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
you can simply make haddles out of a scrap of webing. Just look for Luggage straps in the cheep shops they are a great source of webbing.

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />