Forums > Social Chat > Attention all fire breathers

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
wicca15SILVER Member
Ghost
26 posts

Posted:
Hey,
I came up with an invention that is starting to go into the process for the patent. So i thought i would get on here and see who would buy it and get ideas from people that actually breath fire. The invention is a small rig that you would place in your mouth that would contain flameable liquid. There would be a small lever or something on it that you would push with your tongue to eject the liquid outwards towards the fire. I came up with cuz i know somewhat of the taste of some of the liquids used to breath fire. So again i thought i would ask your guys opinions and try to perfect this idea, answer question you may have and see what you would think of a resonable price for it. ( please when thinking of the price also think of what it may cost to make it)
Thanks
Wiccan

letitburnslacker of biblical proportions
44 posts

Posted:
its a good idea but i have no input

float like a butterfly and sting like when i pee

wicca15SILVER Member
Ghost
26 posts

Posted:
thats fine, if someone just wants to comment on this saying what they think or if they want to put in some input thats fine with me, i forgot to mention that

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
you would want to charge the rig with enough pressure?
you would want to make sure that the rig 'd be safe so it doesn't explode in the mouth from pressure or flames "backfiring".

I see quite a challenge in all that...

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

johndhaiveGOLD Member
Kebab Embalmer
316 posts

Posted:
still dangerous... why breath fire in the first place?

Tam tam tam cheketitamtam, ketumpantam, ketumpan kete kete kete, tam tam tam ketumpanketey!

wicca15SILVER Member
Ghost
26 posts

Posted:
yes everyone knows that fire breathing is dangerous but why we do it i dont have any idea, its just like some people love to do certain things but other people see it as dangerous so maybe its just the love of the activity that they perform.

SoopaSILVER Member
As Himself
150 posts

Posted:
I don't see it being possible to have a reservoir for accelerant and something to push it out (compressed air maybe?) in an area as small as a mouth

None of the ideas I have seem practical so I won't post them unless you really want me to but this is one of the few problems I see, having never breathed fire of course

Zephyre PhoenixFamiliar stranger giving out popcorn. (formerly Ascilith)
1,264 posts

Posted:
Any rough sketches of this idea?

Never take candy from strangers...... But popcorn is okay!

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
Well, I myself find that K-1 Kerosene from the pump is tasteless, that's not what I was told though.

Why do we do it? Well, it's hard to explain. There is just something, how do I explain it? Umm, it just give you this feeling, this unreal feeling. It just feels so good and I'm finding out how much better kero works than white gas which is what I unknowingly used the time I had the accident. I don't do any big ones as of now, but that rush is still awesome. Another think I notice with kero is that it's more of a breath and less of an explosion of fire and it sounds like a dragon's breath grin

And to recap why we do it, you have to experience it to know what I mean.

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
there are some things in life I can gracefully pass without ever having tried them... firebreathing is one of them, injecting drugs into my veins, crawling through sewage, rape, murder, satanism, suicide.. not saying that any of this is situated on the same level - only saying that I don't have to try something to know that it's not for me wink

2,280 posts

Posted:
I'm like that with a lot of things as well, but fire breathing is not one of those. I saw it and I thought, this is me smile I tried it and I was like, yes, yes, yes this is for me...

Also kinda figure that if it still sounds like something to do even after my face being on fire, than well, that kind of says something. Is it stupid? Yes it is. Do we all do stupid things? Why yes we do. This stupid? Maybe not, but I do grin
EDITED_BY: SpinnerofDetroit (1274229474)

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
I'm not the one to take it from you smile and I'm all for techniques and gadgets to make it safe smile

2,280 posts

Posted:
I never said you should. We all do some stupid things, this is one of my stupid things that I do every once in a while. I do it probably once a month or 2 now. And our toys are safe, to a point... But we are professionals in being stupid grin (not my quote)

I would love to see something making fire breathing safe, but this thing definitely looks umm, not that. But for people who don't like the taste, but still need it for a gig or something, here you go, you have a mouth machine for you.

wicca15SILVER Member
Ghost
26 posts

Posted:
it seems alot of people are mentioning safe ways and all, but no one knows the unpredicted. Alot people make it really safe to do something but there is always that chance that no one know will happen. Someone above mention how to prevent the flames from backfiring, the only way to do that is to put enough pressure into it that it projects it outward hard enough that it wont come back, bu there is always the chance of the wind changing and spraying back the lighter particles or the liquid into someone face. And the best way to see what the actual thing would look like would be to envision a small syringe (not the needle but what fluids collect into) this would be small enough to fit inside your mouth at the same time that you can still push the lever with your tongue. I hope this is description that you all can vision. Any other question i wont mind answering!

1,264 posts

Posted:
You should sketch the vision. I think I've got an idea as to what you're thinking but I want to be sure before I comment on anything

triptricianSILVER Member
UFO Spotting
350 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: wicca15 Someone above mention how to prevent the flames from backfiring, the only way to do that is to put enough pressure into it that it projects it outward hard enough that it wont come back,

I believe Fire tom wasnt refering to blowback but rather the device blowing up in your mouth. (correct me if i am wrong Fire Tom)The thing with fuels is the majority of them evapourate quickly @ room temp. i think the worry would be as the fuel expands it may be enough to cause an explosion. Cooler climates wouldnt help either as the base approx temp of the human body is around 35 degrees C (varies depending where temp taken most common place for temp taking is mouth)

One way to over come this prob may be to incorporate a breather valve however that would need to be outside the body as you dont want to be inhaling concentrated fuel fumes. good luck with your invention

would rather have a bottle-in-front-of-me than a frontal lobotomy

"The dangers of life are infinate and among them is safety"(geothe)

SoopaSILVER Member
As Himself
150 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: wicca15the best way to see what the actual thing would look like would be to envision a small syringe (not the needle but what fluids collect into) this would be small enough to fit inside your mouth at the same time that you can still push the lever with your tongue.

I didn't actually think of it like this, but that makes sense. Again, never having breathed fire, purely from a technical standpoint, it seems like you could push the plunger forward with your tongue to put the desired amount of accelerant into your mouth and then breath it like you normally would, minimizing the time that the accelerant is in your mouth and "hopefully" minimizing the taste and possibly some danger as vapor won't be able to build up in your mouth (theoretically)

Maybe I'm entirely wrong lol that just seems to make the most sense to me

wicca15SILVER Member
Ghost
26 posts

Posted:
There wouldnt be a need to have an outside accelerant or anything, everything would be inside the small product. Im currently thinking of a way for them both to work at the same time (have two separate compartments, one holds the liquid and the other one holds enough air to spray the liquid outwards with just one push of the lever) and there would be no way for it to prevent blowback(fire blowing back into face from unknown reasons) due to it being unknown occurance( never know what will happen, wind may change and what not) any question please ask, im currently working up a drawing, but it may take some time for i have a really busy schedual now. Im graduating as a junior and im now where near the current week assignments in all my classes. Im also looking around for a job, i just quit mine so yea really busy, im taking some time out to answer on this thread about my product lol

FelexSILVER Member
Destroyer of worlds and ooo shiny.
268 posts

Posted:
Trying not to be negative If you can get over the hurdles great.
What about production costs? I can see them being so high that it would be a very expensive toy.
Best of luck finding a new job.

There that was positive.

wicca15SILVER Member
Ghost
26 posts

Posted:
the production costs are unknown for i havent tried making one yet, but since it may be a lil high for it and these items would be a one time use thing it would probably be better to sell in bulk numbersor a set number for certain prices instead of having to purchase a single one multiple times lol

johndhaiveGOLD Member
Kebab Embalmer
316 posts

Posted:
for it not to be dangerous, maybe it would be like this ---->
Non-Https Image Link

Tam tam tam cheketitamtam, ketumpantam, ketumpan kete kete kete, tam tam tam ketumpanketey!

wicca15SILVER Member
Ghost
26 posts

Posted:
would you be able to expain your drawing for us please?

1,264 posts

Posted:
well that's unique. Still want to see wicca's idea. New concern, size and intensity of the flame. Many fire breathers adequately fill their mouths with the liquid. Does your invention go in their mouth? If so, how does it hold enough fluid to be worthwhile?

2,280 posts

Posted:
I still don't fill my mouth much. That's because I first started with white gas, which I had no idea what I was using was. I was very stupid. And I've been getting better and more comfortable smile I rarely do it, so I'm not making giant flames (I don't think, I can't really see myself from the side), but I feel a little more comfortable each time I do it and I think it's helping me get over that fear of fire I got after burning myself a long time ago. Other people don't notice it when I poi, but I do smirk

FelexSILVER Member
268 posts

Posted:
You really don’t want that much in my mouth. A little can go a long way. Learned how too, did it once and I would like to think it looked cool. I then started reading up on it.

Errr yea. I do a lot of thing people would think are stupid Fire breathing I decided was not for me.

2,280 posts

Posted:
I hear most people do about a shot's worth of kero, I do more like a couple caps full and it works fine for me.

FelexSILVER Member
268 posts

Posted:
yep really don’t see it working. Sorry Wicca.
If it does then well done and I will happily eat my own words.

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
I can see a couple of fairly major problems with this.

People like watching fire breathing becuase it is dangerous.
People like doing fire breathing because it requires no equipment and has a very small skill to crowd pleasing ratio.

Any change to that is fine for TV / film / special FX but I can't see it working in the community at large. I'm pretty sure something has been designed by a special FX company somewhere already.

You've also got the issue of having a potentially explosive pressurised cylinder in your mouth.

The best advice is to stop doing it. The risk - reward ratio is abysmal. It is also just not that impressive.

I wish I could find Mephisto's open email about his health that was posted here years ago. Maybe Pele still has a link...

georgemcBRONZE Member
Sitting down facing forward . . .
2,387 posts

Posted:
Wicca, on a slightly different note to everyone else, you have a completely different problem - now that you've explained your device in a public area, you can't claim a patent because the idea is now in the public domain.

Patents are tricky and expensive things and you have to do the process right. Keep the idea secret until the patent is completed before revealing the product - which means you can't sell any or give any away either before the patent is approved. And you can't discuss the idea in the public domain and expect a patent to be granted.

Written by: Doc Lightning talking about Marmite in Kichi's Intro thread

I have several large jars of the stuff. I actually like it... a little. And don't tell anyone I admitted to it.
grin

wicca15SILVER Member
Ghost
26 posts

Posted:
tahnks for that info, but there may be a way around it, i dont know i will look into it and thanks again for it

letitburnslacker of biblical proportions
44 posts

Posted:
honestly after learning how to breath fire is that not part of the skill is taking the fuel in your mouth and starin potential harm in the face and saying censored you the idea is cool but to maintain the talent i think its better off with out it

float like a butterfly and sting like when i pee

Page: