• You must now select Courier Delivery if you wish to receive items before Christmas.

Johara-Raqs

stranger

Total posts: 3
Posted:I got the voi kit from Michelle Joyce, but the straps are chafing my fingers - they are leather strips about 1" wide and 5" folded over. I put 1 or two fingers in them and although it is easier and more comfortable to let the straps swing around my fingers, I feel I have to grip straps so they don't spin because they chafe really quickly! Either way they chafe, really. What do I do?

Delete Topic

Midkiff
BRONZE Member since Nov 2009

shadow stranger

Total posts: 462
Posted:well you could pinch them between your fingers it helps a little bit or you could try to develop a callus where it chafes

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

Delete

meshunderlay
BRONZE Member since Sep 2008

meshunderlay

Juggler/Spinner

Total posts: 612
Posted:I question letting the straps swing around your fingers. I would thing that would make alot of poi moves more difficult.

Delete

Johara-Raqs

stranger

Total posts: 3
Posted:i ordered the pro choice ones from here. Hopefully they will work MUCH better. Thanks for the help guys. I don't know how anyone else using these gets by? They are SEVERELY SEVERELY overpriced (poor bellydancers!) and the components are not well chosen (ball chain too thick, bad handles, poorly chosen weight is too big!!!) I do NOT recommend it.

Delete