Page:
_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
This is the same as the staff goals thread, but for poi.
Basically, write down some of your goals for your poi spinning this year.
Anyway, here are mine :

1) Work on my dancing
2) Play with stall combos
3) Get better at contact poi
4) Clean up antispin flower stalls
5) Clean up throws
6) Finish my fire poi routine and my manipulation poi routine.
7) Make more tutorials
8) Do paid workshops, preferably outside Israel.
9) Perform a lot more
10) Go to: Firedrums, CBY, EJC, Bristol JC, Motion festival.

anelaenin the sky
30 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: EpitomeOfNoviceOriginally Posted By: brenonfire413 The thought of spinning poi where I didn't have to worry about hitting furniture, lights, or dogs almost seemed like a novelty. Not to mention getting to stretch the arms and swing those poi way up high! smile

QFT!!!!!! yes

It makes my cats mad sometimes when I spin inside and my apartment has low ceilings so I'm pretty syked about the warm wave coming. Most moves that need work for me right now involve my arms being extended (especially flowers) plus practicing contact staff indoors poses more issues than my poi practice! ooooops

Fresh air and getting more of a workout from it are important to me too, so practicing outside is crucial!

my roommate just moved out, so i was able to rearrange all of the furniture. I barely have room to do extensions/flowers/etc, but the limited space is really helping me work on my planes.

I had a huge list of technical things I wanted to work on, most have been conquered. Here's the rest:

1) work on transitions instead of a regimented x number of the same move
2) meet spinners
3) learn fire
4) waistwraps
5) clean up crossers and variations
6) weigh + make new heavier poi heads (have 4 sets of sock poi about 100g, various lengths)
7) improve tricks where hands are doing different things (ie. right hand 3 petal antispin, left hand pendulum... getting good at this one)
8) edit some of my video footage and upload it smile

"you have to imagine the impossible is merely preposterous"

Smurf24029GOLD Member
Poi Master Smurf
343 posts

Posted:
Basically be able to intertwine technical moves into free dance without any problems. Also prefect my grace

Fly High
Spin Hard
Don't Stop

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Smurf24029Basically be able to intertwine technical moves into free dance without any problems.

Yeah, I'm really struggling with this with unit circle hybrids and more complicated CAPs. I mean, I can't dance anyway, but these make it more obvious...

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
1)Actually learn behind the back weaves
2)perfect said weaves
3)learn more variations of flowers
4)put isolations to use
5)learn some hybrids
6)learn mind meltdown fountain
7)learn mind meltdown transition to flowers
8)work on footwork and dancing as well as flow (can always use more work though)

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
1) Work on my dancing - Getting better, I'm starting to take lessons soon.
2) Play with stall combos - Still not enough, but KFF did help with that.
3) Get better at contact poi - Done, I need to clean up a lot of things though.
4) Clean up antispin flower stalls - Done.
5) Clean up throws - Done, with lots and lots of new throws over the year.
6) Finish my fire poi routine and my manipulation poi routine. - Both are done. I need a new fire routine and a new manipulation routine for 2011.
7) Make more tutorials - Done. I will be making more soon.
8) Do paid workshops, preferably outside Israel. - Done, still doing, and will do more.
9) Perform a lot more - Done, and will do more smile
10) Go to: Firedrums, CBY, EJC, Bristol JC, Motion festival. - Done, out of this list I only missed FD and Bristol, but I got to go to KFF, Altergrawitacja, Fusion, and Somuna instead.

mazdastranger
2 posts

Posted:
New data suggest a offline too.

The track that is not a member of.
is gambling with gclub is only a few games.

Page: