Angela8stranger
1 post

Posted:
hello, i'm a new member here. I'm having a problem with my fire fans.
They're the type that closes and opens and i have no control over it.
Plus, there's no spinning whole for my finger in case i want to spin them, and they feel a bit heavy.
Do you think i should get other ones or can i still learn on these?
Spinning them is a must to me, i'd hate to just wave them around :\

Thanks!

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
how long have you had them? i would learn on those (since you have them) and then buy new ones later. i think you CAN control the opening and closing you just dunno how to yet. also, if you know someone that welds maybe they can put a spinning hole on them for you

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

squidBRONZE Member
sanguine
382 posts

Posted:
If you want to do spins, fans that dont lock open are pretty much impossible to control. Are you just starting fan work altogether? If so, I would definitely get some cheap static fans to start learning. It will give you a chance to learn the basics before adding in the element of opening and closing the tools.

Probably a better alternative is to figure out a method to strap/tape/tie the fans in the open position. What type of fans do you have? I forget all the different makers, but depending on the fan, Im sure there are different ways you could bind them open.

"to a man whose only tool is a hammer, the whole world looks like a nail." Abraham Maslow