Forums > Technical Discussion > flowlights with crystal case and flow mass VS flowpoi from flowtoys.com

Login/Join to Participate

johndhaiveGOLD Member
Kebab Embalmer
316 posts

Posted:
flowlights with crystal case and flow mass in HOP VS flowpoi from flowtoys.com

which is better in terms of durability?

im having second thoughts in buying this cool stuff.. hehehe! please help me out...

Tam tam tam cheketitamtam, ketumpantam, ketumpan kete kete kete, tam tam tam ketumpanketey!

TideGOLD Member
Future pyrotechnician...? Or something.
111 posts

Posted:
They're both stone hard when they hit you.

BIG DIFFERENCES:
Flowmasses impede light considerably but WON'T break.

Flowpoi are pretty much clear but WILL eventually break since they're made of polycarbonate (if I recall correctly).
______

Personally I use flowmasses, and I like it when my equipment has a near-zero chance of breaking.

This statement is false...?

johndhaiveGOLD Member
Kebab Embalmer
316 posts

Posted:
great!

Tam tam tam cheketitamtam, ketumpantam, ketumpan kete kete kete, tam tam tam ketumpanketey!

liquidtrancei dream in circles...
336 posts

Posted:
i don't find that the crystals with mass impede the light much, more disperse it throughout the case creating more spread out glow, rather than 3 points of light. Got to say I prefer the crystal setup...

even chuck norris can't pin you down if your on fire

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
The caps on the flowpoi cmoe off easier. Crystal cases and flomass are better but the mass is quite hard to get off. Shipping from flowtoys is expensive as its based in USA

johndhaiveGOLD Member
Kebab Embalmer
316 posts

Posted:
alright! thanks for the help! bounce2

Geeza: so i have to take off the flowmass first before i could insert the flowlights into the crystal case?

TeamoGOLD Member
Almost again
124 posts

Posted:
No, you don't have to get the flowmass off before inserting the flowlight. But the flowmass is a very, very tight fit on top of the crystal case. I had to use serious force in order to get the flowmass on the crystal case, and I don't even want to imagine trying to take it off. Would be a pain. Then again, I don't see a reason why I would need to.

johndhaiveGOLD Member
Kebab Embalmer
316 posts

Posted:
ok i think this is enough information to purchase flowlights here in HOP with the crystal case and flowmass... thank you guys! and oh, i get a 15% discount! wooohow!

TideGOLD Member
Future pyrotechnician...? Or something.
111 posts

Posted:
What I do to put on the flowmass is get the flowcase, thread nylon rope through the non-opening (around 1m so that when folded in half, there's 50cm left and it can be pulled on) end so that you can put the flowmass over and then pull it on.

USE RUBBING ALCOHOL ON THE INSIDE OF THE FLOWMASS TO GIVE A LITTLE SLIP, otherwise you will be in for quite a fight.

This is how I go about putting it on.

Non-Https Image Link

Home Of Poi's 2.5mm nylon rope is good for this.

EDITED_BY: Tide (1273389099)

This statement is false...?