Forums > Help! > i want to busk, i need good cheap equipment, i m totally new in this..help!

Login/Join to Participate

sunniseSILVER Member
stranger
7 posts

Posted:
hey guys

i wonder...i wanna busk on the street...BUT i want to have good sound...i dont know what to use, which kind of sound equipment..it also needs to be cheap...i m in holland...

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
busking is hard.

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

sunniseSILVER Member
stranger
7 posts

Posted:
poje thnks for your opinion, but that isnt answer on my question smile

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
More then you've gotten. How about you try google for "portable solar speaker"

I'd do it for you but im lazier then you

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
Have a look around for a fender amp can they are pretty much the best for solo street performers just starting out and are pretty much the loudest and most durable in the cheaper price range.

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
If you want cheap - Crate Taxi is the amp to look for. They are pretty badly made though.

If you can afford it Roland make something called the Street Cube. It's better made and sounds better than the Crate.

They are the two best battery powered amps (that are made for street use) that I've found.

The other alternative is the Ion iPA3 - This is a much larger unit and an entirely different kind of product.
I'd suggest trying to have a look at them. I'm sorry but I don't know what shops you might have in the Netherlands. Google them to see pics and info though (they are easy to find).

If you cant find any I'd suggest a quick google search to find online stores (thomann, dv247, htfr, pmt, etc.)

Hope that helps.

poifull_spiritGOLD Member
journeyman
64 posts

Posted:
ok, so i busk on the street. and i can tell you what i use...

First off it depends if you just want to play music or if you want to have a headset and talk as well.

I just play music and i don't like lugging around a whole bunch of stuff so i use an ipod and X-mini max speakers they're small but they produce very good sound. loud to for their size. if you get the mini-max II's you can daisy chain them and get more sound.

if you want to have a headset mic then look for a fender amp can. they're shaped like a cylinder about a foot long, i can't help you with finding one as i'm looking for one myself and struggling a little (if you do find a site post here please!).

the only issue with the amp cans is the sound is very directional. according to a busking friend of mine the best sound can be made with two 6 watt (i think that's right) car speakers wired to a portable battery... just make it up yourself.

I hope that helps

Also, a final note. Busking is not so much hard as a challange to do well. if you embrace that challange and keep at it, it's actually very rewarding both emotionally and monetarily. Remeber that it is essentially sales, just the product is you... which is good because it's at least a product you can believe in!

Good luck!
EDITED_BY: poifull_spirit (1273113519)

sunniseSILVER Member
stranger
7 posts

Posted:
thank you guys..i ll try my best, i will let you know how did it go...:)