Forums > Social Chat > I just got an awesome idea!

Login/Join to Participate

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
Oh my god, I can't imagine how much more surface area this will give me. I'm going to try it with some of the Kevlar I still have before I send it back. It will use 3 strands. It should have a ridiculous amount of surface area, it does however, use 1 less strand of Kevlar than the tornado stitch which is what I used before, so it will hold less fuel obviously with less Kevlar, but I want to see how stable it is, as it would cost much less smile I'll get a pic when I'm done whenever.

Edit: Wow, this is pretty sweet looking, kind of thin 2.25 inches in diameter, same length with left over Kevlar on 2 of the lengths. I have to say it has a LOT more surface are, although I do question the length of the burn some. I have one more idea to try that will use all 4 of the strands, update on that later. I will get a pic of this one up soon. But unfortunately I;m pretty sure my other one will turn out shorter with 3 of the strands having a ton left over.

Edit: Here we go!

Non-Https Image Link

EDITED_BY: SpinnerofDetroit (1272591131)

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

LyeFate Keeps Telling Me To Stop
270 posts

Posted:
Can you explain it or

2,280 posts

Posted:
Umm, it's the same as the tornado stitch, but the only thing different is you just take one of the strands out. I figured it would leave a big empty space and it did. Look's pretty groovy peace doesn't it wink

triptricianSILVER Member
UFO Spotting
350 posts

Posted:
indeed it does SoD

would rather have a bottle-in-front-of-me than a frontal lobotomy

"The dangers of life are infinate and among them is safety"(geothe)

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
SoD, from my experience, big empty spaces aren't a good thing at all. They tend to burn and fray a lot faster than the rest of the kevlar, which is why I had to replace both my attempts at making isis poi.

2,280 posts

Posted:
Well, they're not really empty spots, it's just a big spiral, it's completely solid. By empty spot what I meant was the pace that was take out to make the spiral.

Edit: Here's we go, I love this one an plan on making it! It's really easy to measure out. You use 4 strands, 3 are half the length of the other one. And 1 foot of the short ones gives you 1 inch in length for the head. So lets say I want 5 inches, what the picture is. I need 3 strands 5ft long and one 10ft long one. I have to say, it's just plain old pleasing to look at and should give a ridiculous size flame.

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Also I see on the left one the piece of tape of the end of the piece where I had to kind of splice in extra Kevlar so I could see how much 5ft of the shorter ones would get me. Exactly 5 inches.
EDITED_BY: SpinnerofDetroit (1272647561)

LyeFate Keeps Telling Me To Stop
270 posts

Posted:
intense

ecaBRONZE Member
197 posts

Posted:
Burn them now. Make a video, and let's see how these puppies work.

"Think of the pussy, Weevil."
"What's a pussy-weevil?"

2,280 posts

Posted:
Umm, I ordered my Kevlar earlier today, should be here in a couple weeks or so. I'm sending this back because it's not enough. The only reason I got it that big was because I just continued the stitch by sticking extra Kevlar in it, So that's only enough for 1 head.

Besides that one's 5". I'm gonna make the real ones 7! I'm expecting that I wont have to shave after using them.

Flint_413GOLD Member
Fire Artist and Hooper
181 posts

Posted:
DUDE!! U need to sell those. I want!! grin

If you can't stand the heat, get out of my way.

2,280 posts

Posted:
Ok that's easy for you cause you live so close. If you ever want just give me the money for the Kevlar and of course some moolah for making it because it's not very easy and I'll make a pair for you. You can just tell me how long you want it. It's gonna be mre expensive if you want it quicker because of shipping tongue2 And I have to warn anyone that can make this. It takes FOREVER. Spent hours on that one head.

Zephyre PhoenixFamiliar stranger giving out popcorn. (formerly Ascilith)
1,264 posts

Posted:
copywrite the idea and sell to HoP! grin

Never take candy from strangers...... But popcorn is okay!

Flint_413GOLD Member
Fire Artist and Hooper
181 posts

Posted:
I'm with Ascilith! And unfortunately we dont live so close SOD smirk

If you can't stand the heat, get out of my way.

FelexSILVER Member
Destroyer of worlds and ooo shiny.
268 posts

Posted:
Ooo I want to see that in action.

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
you need kevlar!!! i want to see it on fire

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

Zephyre PhoenixFamiliar stranger giving out popcorn. (formerly Ascilith)
1,264 posts

Posted:
dude if they're successful, I totally want a pair.

Never take candy from strangers...... But popcorn is okay!