bjrcboyBRONZE Member
journeyman
74 posts

Posted:
I finally got a set of fire poi(From renegade juggling, thanks bob!) after about a year and a half of spinning. Anyways it has oval twist link chain and it just feels to heavy... Is there anything to do? I guess I'd like for more of the weight to be in the poi head and not the chain.

Or is it just something I have to live with? Any other chain out there?

EDITED_BY: bjrcboy (1271881443)

Warior DrakeSILVER Member
The Dragon Professor
203 posts

Posted:
Well sure, there are plenty of different chains out there, if you're looking for oval link your best bet is to search around and find something that works for you.

One place to look is here in the HoP store, you can buy lengths of chain and use that if you'd like. I haven't really started spinning fire yet, but I worked as a welder for a while so metal is my game.

Just look around, I know I'm not much help but its the best I can offer

Don't let your world end with you

p.s. No, just in case you're going to ask, I did not misspell Warrior, its supposed to be like that.

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
Too**

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
I just got this cain in the mail. It is completely amazing! It's so much thinner than I expected and extremely light. Very very shiny too smile If oyu want to, I did this, order 3ft and in the order comments ask for it to be cut in half into 2 1.5ft lengths. Just a little too long, but perfect because I can just shorten it and it's thin enough to put the quicklink on in the middle of the chain.

https://www.homeofpoi.com/shop/productDetails/Length-of-2mm-Oval-Twist-Welded-Chain

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
Yeah, my first fire poi pair had pretty chunky chain, so I recently got some from HoP. HoP's chain is pretty nice, but I prefer the stuff from firemecca (I used theirs to make a couple of pairs for a friend). HoP's chain is a bit weird and flat, which makes it much harder to do orbitals than Firemecca's. On the other hand, the links are wide enough on HoP's chain that you can slip quick links right through them, where you need to use something like deep sea split rings to attach swivels and such to Firemecca's chains. But as far as being lighter, HoP's does the trick (and orbitals are gimmicky anyway).

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

2,280 posts

Posted:
I love orbitals frown Besides, I still have my old chain so I can use that if I plan on doing orbitals. I personally think HoP should sell the chain they use on their pro series chains because it's perfect for orbitals.

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

2,280 posts

Posted:
No, that's the one I got, it's a lot thinner, which is great, but it's really wide and kind of lat. And it grips too well for good orbitals.

Warior DrakeSILVER Member
The Dragon Professor
203 posts

Posted:
https://www.trickconcepts.com/Twisted-Link-Chain-35mm-Cut-Pieces-P112C60.aspx

might do the trick, they also have a 3.0mm version sold in 1ft intervals
EDITED_BY: Warior Drake (1272159550)

Don't let your world end with you

p.s. No, just in case you're going to ask, I did not misspell Warrior, its supposed to be like that.

2,280 posts

Posted:
I'd say the one from Firemecca sounds the best so far.

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
Yeah, it's 2mm, good for orbitals, and has welded links. I like playing with the set I made for someone else with the firemecca chain more than I do most of my own chains.

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

2,280 posts

Posted:
Well, for now, I still like being able to put the quicklink in the middlw of the chain. Some other time I may get the Firemecca chain.

LyeFate Keeps Telling Me To Stop
270 posts

Posted:
someone get that kind of chain in welded titanium!

LyeFate Keeps Telling Me To Stop
270 posts

Posted:
And that's a "you find it, I'll buy it" i did the math out once and got titanium chain that was strong enough to hold but i spun them before i welded them and one came apart. they were too thin though, i like 2mm feel better than what i had