Forums > Social Chat > Supernatural Spontaneous Snuff

Login/Join to Participate

LyeFate Keeps Telling Me To Stop
270 posts

Posted:
Has anyone else had this happen? Noting that it's a phenomenon and I don't get it. Sometimes you soak your poi, light them, they're on fire and the suddenly go out.

You can then light them as normal an spin the burn. I don't get it. Both of them too. What gives?

liquidtrancei dream in circles...
336 posts

Posted:
the main cause i find is if they havn't built up enough heat, particularly if it's a cold night. They can appear as if they are burning well when stationary but the temperature hasn't risen enough to ensure that enough fuel is vaporising to sustain the fire once it's moving. I usually start off with slower movements, pendulums etc to minimise the risk of this, with time it's easier to tell when the fire is intense enough to survive upping the tempo

even chuck norris can't pin you down if your on fire

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
This has happened to me once, it confused everybody. We were all just like wtf just happened?! And at that time I had had a little white gas in the mix, not a lot though just making easier to light. I had spun them for about 5 seconds and the just went snuff. I like that word too, snuff, it's very accurate and puts a smile on my face smile cause it sounds funny.
EDITED_BY: SpinnerofDetroit (1272020628)

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
And here I was thinking this would be about the random appearance of tobacco....

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

JaredWSILVER Member
enthusiast
375 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: astonAnd here I was thinking this would be about the random appearance of tobacco....

That usually happens to me when I clean out my truck, found a full pack last time laugh3

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
teaches you to fire them up prior to a (paid) gig when outside temperature is low... wink

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink