Forums > Meet Others > from Italy to Finland, on the road, busking! Advises?

Login/Join to Participate

nulleamaiGOLD Member
152 posts

Posted:
Hi all!
I'm planning a eurotrip in july and agoust from Italy to Finland with an auto-self camper.
( something like this https://autoselfcamper.blogspot.com/)
I wish to go to the Ejc and the raibow gathering, and if possible all the fire festivals and gatherings on the way.

I'm a student, and i have few money, but i'm also a busker and a fire performer, so i want to do more performance and busking as possible, and of course i wish to meet more spinners as is possible.

I still done this in Italy in the past, also one or two months on the road just busking to live but i never done in foreign countries... :-)
So my question are:
in you opinion where is better to do street performances in:
Germany,Holland, Danmark,Poland,Sweden, Finland, eventually other close countries? What about fire-friendly laws, places,people ?

Any suggest on cool places and festival to visiti during my trip?

I wish also to meet other spinners, so: contact me!

And finally i do also advanced spinning workshops, so if you have a fire-group, stay in a juggling club or have a pleace where you want to host my workshop contact me! Usually i take money for this, but i will be on the road, so also a place to have a shower, some food and friendship will be enough to be paied! :-)

So, contact me! I want to do best trip of my life time!

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
I'd like to know the same regarding busking, as I'm visiting half these countries smile

Are you going to the Rainbow Gathering in Finland? It seems like I might be able to go smile

As for workshops, maybe we can teach a good Poi workshop together? Would be fun smile

liquidtrancei dream in circles...
336 posts

Posted:
Busk as much as you can in Milan, a lot of people there are very rich, I made some good money there in '08 smile there are also some good spinners in the area who hang out in the main park
also if you are in southern france, Nice has a huge part of the city which is pedestrianised where you can do well (if you can get a spot, loads of buskers!!! )
I know it's a bit out of the way but if your ever in scotland give me a shout devil weavesmiley devil

even chuck norris can't pin you down if your on fire

nulleamaiGOLD Member
152 posts

Posted:
@Poiboy: would be wonderfull! Let's hope to find someone that host us!

@Liquidtrance: Thanks, in Italy i know a lot of places to busk and France is a little bit far from my route. Anyway i'm interested to go in scotland and in the u.k. in general, but not for this time. I hope to be able to go to Clonakitly in september and could be possible that i take a round in Ireland and U.K., but for the moment i'm focused on northern europe. ;-)

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
Nulleamai- Since you're gonna be in Germany - I'm planning on busking and doing some workshops in Berlin, you can join me and co-teach if you want, I can contact Jonlier Katakomben and see if we can make something happen smile

There's also a festival called Fusion near Berlin, which happens June 21st if I remember correctly, so we can go to that as well smile

336 posts

Posted:
yeah scotlands nice, I live in the highlands so it looks like this all winter

(shamelessly plugging my new video)
I think I'll try to get to clonakilty as well, thats about as far as I think I'll be able to go this year:/

nulleamaiGOLD Member
152 posts

Posted:
@poiboy: would be aswesome!

@liquidtrance:you live in a very cold place! :-) Hope to see you in clonakilty!

336 posts

Posted:
lol, yeah, scotland is hot in june and july, apart from that bring your thermals!! shocked

nulleamaiGOLD Member
152 posts

Posted:
i know it, but i'm freezed just watching your video ehehe!
In my life i saw snowing just 4 or 5 times! lol...

EinarBRONZE Member
Lighter
12 posts

Posted:
Hello!
I'm new here on the forum. That's not important, the important part is that I live in Finland.
Don't really now much about busking in Finland so can't help on that...
I've spinned with fire in Helsinki with no trouble from the police or others.
If you have any questions, ask.

Sure, the lion is king of the jungle but airdrop him into Antarctica, & he's just a penguin's bitch

nulleamaiGOLD Member
152 posts

Posted:
Thank you, we are just starting to plane our trip, your advises could be very usefull.

For exemple: what about the wether? I read so many different infos about temperatures and wether!

i heard that will be a raimbow gathering tis year in finland, do you know where?

Eventually we will not have a car, what is the best way to travel in finland? What about autstop? Is free-camping allowed?

EinarBRONZE Member
Lighter
12 posts

Posted:
The weather in Finland.... Well, it depends on the day. Could be sunny or pouring down...But generally the weather is at the best in july and august; sunny but also rainy days. About 20-30 degrees Celsius.

I don't know about the rainbow gathering but found their site where you can register at their forums, it might be the only way to find out where it is.

Train or bus is the best way to travel if you don't have a car, depends on where you're going. You can get to more places with the bus but the train is faster.

hmm... autstop, sorry, don't know what that is.
free-camping? you mean in parks and such?
there is quite many camping sites but i think they all cost some.
One way is to go to the woods and camp there...that's at least free. smile

I'm glad if I can help you, so ask as much as you wan't.

Sure, the lion is king of the jungle but airdrop him into Antarctica, & he's just a penguin's bitch

TeamoGOLD Member
Almost again
124 posts

Posted:
In Finland it depends on the city whether or not you need a permission to busk. In some places you can just do it without any hassle, in other places your show will be stopped (and you might get fined) if you don't have a permission from the police department. I don't know which cities exactly have this policy, so I'd suggest asking the people at the local police station about their policy on busking first.

And I'd say 30C is quite optimistic, I'd prepare myself for more of a 15C-25C climate. None the less, warm enough to wear anything you want.
EDITED_BY: ReVo (1268393269)

nulleamaiGOLD Member
152 posts

Posted:
autostop is the italian word for hitching, i forgot to tranlsate becouse it look an english word... ehehe

thanks for the advises, very helpfull!

EinarBRONZE Member
Lighter
12 posts

Posted:
Hitching is possible, a couple of my friends have done it a couple of times with success. I asked a friend about busking in Helsinki. She said that it's quite hard because there is many buskers?. Mostly musicians tho.
When exactly are you planning to be in Finland?

nulleamaiGOLD Member
152 posts

Posted:
finalnd will be the middle part of my trip, i think i will spent almost 30% of my time, i wish to join to ejc and the rainbow gathering, so probably i will stay from the end of july until the first half of august...

If there are other buskers is good becouse means that is not forbidden! :-)

EinarBRONZE Member
Lighter
12 posts

Posted:
Ok!
No,it's not forbidden anywhere to my knowledge but as ReVo said, you'll probably need permission.

nulleamaiGOLD Member
152 posts

Posted:
it's good enough... :-)

nulleamaiGOLD Member
152 posts

Posted:
I'm having problem to repair my dad's car, too much expensive, maybe i will do a "Kerouac" trip :-)... Anyway i will go at the ejc and rainbow gathering...

I'm searching also people interested to my workshops in the northern europe (swizerland, germany, poland,denmark, holland,sweden,finanland etc...)
I can do a lot of different workshops, expecially advanced toss workshops!

My email and msn is:
nulleamai [at] hotmail.it

Contact me!I'm clean, gentle and fun! :-)

nulleamaiGOLD Member
152 posts

Posted:
I have to change my projects, i will go in instambul for the erasmus in october so i will not do a too long trip this summer, i will go to the ejc and to the reinbow, but i'm not sure to be able to trip around northern europe...

It's wonderfull to have som many place to visit in less than a year! :-)

nulleamaiGOLD Member
152 posts

Posted:
i'm so sorry but for problem with my family i can't afford a so long travel, i have to stay near italy so i can come back quikly to my family if required... This is really a bad news for me, i have to wait next year for the ejc....

Anyway if someone of you want to visit italy and come to my home you are welcome... I hope that i will be able to meet other international spinners this summer, but will not be in finland...

:-(