Forums > Help! > Need to locate small amount of Shellsol/Pegasol in London

Login/Join to Participate

TrixiTasselsstranger
3 posts

Posted:
Hey guys,

I am a burlesque performer here for the London Burlesque Festival and I use a small amount of fire in my performance. I'm trying to locate a small amount of fuel for my show and would ideally like something similar to what I use in Australia which is Recosol G (from searching the forums it seems that Shellsol D60 may be the local equivalent). Would any of you lovely people have something similar to this and be willing to sell me a small bottle? I only need a very small amount - 250ml would be plenty.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Helen

GrottbagsJust Say Neigh
36 posts

Posted:
You could try a shell garage for that depending on where you are living. When I lived in Camden I used to buy small containers of paraffin from most petrol stations as I think there are now very strict guidelines in the UK on selling of flammable liquids and their storage, Camping shops are the other place you can look, but a lot of them have stopped selling such things and they mainly sold methylated spirits (which ruin your wicks anyway)

Hope that helps

TrixiTasselsstranger
3 posts

Posted:
Hi Grottbags,
I really wanted an isoparaffin rather than paraffin which is kerosene in Australia. I've never performed with it before and understand it burns hotter and dirtier than what I'm used to.

The guy in the juggling store I spoke to said you can only get the stuff I'm after in big drums so I assume someone here must have some!

JamethGOLD Member
enthusiast
378 posts

Posted:
If you don't get any response here you could try Firegarden, which seems to be heavily UK orientated. Or look for a circus arts shop..

https://www.thefiregarden.com/

Being in Aus myself I can't help.

GrottbagsJust Say Neigh
36 posts

Posted:
Hi Trixi, you may be able to ask at Oddballs in Camden as they are pretty clued up to where to get things, and they only sell circusy type items. If you are really at a loose end I would advise to go there. It is on the Chalk Farm Road, down from the Camden Road tube station, towards Chalk farm, and is situated opposite the entrance of the Stables market, on the corner.