Non-Https Image Link

EDITED_BY: Ms Vanity (1256032593)

"fire walks with me"

Charlie FoxPLATINUM Member
Burinating the village like Trogdor
156 posts

Posted:
Photos all get 11 out of 10
And the vid is cool too, 20 out of 10 for balls, your costume looks exceedingly flammable wink

One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries.
- A.A. Milne

Don't join dangerous cults: Practice safe sects!
- Anon (I think)

Ms VanityGOLD Member
fire-uv performer
50 posts

Posted:
thank you dear!!!! i m trying grin

hhhhm flammable? i have done many fire shows with this outfit! those in my back are white Isis wings(made by organza and the skirt is from organza too)..once, they have pass through a fire bowl i had on scene,but it was for sec and they didn't burn smirk

the problem with this fire fingers is that i need time to wear them and i cant do it in scene ! the show lasts about 10-15 min(i m doing other stuff except fire) and it look stupid to trying wear them!

So i have to begin with them,that's why i m wearing a lot of clothes!

(at the begin the fire fingers are hidden in the wings behind my back and the organza covers me whole like coat)

"fire walks with me"

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
grin

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
Yeah unfortunately organza = Big time flammable.

I had a pair of organza day flags that somebody brushed past with a fire staff and well, lets put it this way i don't have a nice set of organza day flags any more. I'm very glad it was not a piece of clothing that i was wearing at the time because it went up like a flash and ended up a sticky molten lump of plastic.

Maybe you could try fire fans instead this way somebody could pass them to you when you have less clothes on and they don't take as long to put on as fingers do?

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

Ms VanityGOLD Member
fire-uv performer
50 posts

Posted:
oh i see

i m having pois flag too grin (white-green,orange-purple)

hmm that doesn't sound nice...charlie-fox told me about silk,that doesnt burn easily..maybe i should try it for skirt!

about the fire fingers if i want to use them i have to begin with those grr

i m going to order fire fans very soon,its a good solution when i haven't the proper outfit!

So those are the wings that i was passing through fire...i had a very small area for show smirk

Non-Https Image Link

here i have a sateen fabric for skirt:

Non-Https Image Link

also i light up candles passed with needles through my hands!

"fire walks with me"

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
you can get flame retardant spray that should help some wink

https://www.mslfirecheck.com/?gclid=CLfHmY_-y50CFU1_3godpHJysA

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

156 posts

Posted:
If by sateen you mean satin, this, like organza and all synthetic fibres (with the exception of Aramids like Kevlar, Nomex and blends there-of) are a fire hazard, the burning is not so dangerous, cotton will burn too eventually, it's the melting that gets you, even by the time the fire is extinguished molten plastic will keep burning you you also.

Regardless of ones opinions or enjoyment of the BDSM scene, scars are not always enjoyable or desired when your body is your main asset...

Flame retardant spray won't stop things from melting, the best way is simply to start off with the right fabrics from the get go...

If you have your clothes made for you, always ask for a sample of the fabric and try light it on fire, a was going to have a beanie made from some 'wool', looked like wool, felt like wool, said wool on the label, however once a flame was applied it burnt quicker than a fuse... Made in China... nuff said.

One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries.
- A.A. Milne

- Anon (I think)

JayKittyGOLD Member
Mission: Ignition
534 posts

Posted:
Its a bit trickier to find fabrics that don't melt and yeah, they somtimes limit your options, but its worth it. I went the cheap route one time. I made a pair of fringy pants of of crappy material. I was doing a show in front of a big arena and passed a staff through my legs and even after using some flame retardant, one spot caught fire real quick. I swiped it out and didn't have to strip in front of 5000 people... but I almost did. If I ever strip in front of that many people I would like it to be on purpose.

Don't mind me, just passing through.

Ms VanityGOLD Member
fire-uv performer
50 posts

Posted:
charlie fox>yes i mean satin!!! i know about melting :S it burns real bad :S

well i hate scars,i got few from piercings,dont want more :S

so what fabric do you suggest? silk?at least for long coats and stuff!those are the most dangerous to burn!

that's a nice idea..to test few fabrics! i have a store that i m buying them,few of my costumes are made by me!i could try to burn them lol

jaykitty> that sounds bad :S when i am with heavy fire stuff (fire umbrella,torches..) i prefer to wear stuff like that>https://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/78/l_835c93302e4f4083ad70d9ed95e9a275.jpg
and the wig i use isn't flammable!

i guess you haven't near you any wet towels :S i always have somewhere near for any case!

Also i always testing my show with the clothes i m going to wear (wigs,accessories etc) and i know which moves i m going to do!

the show with burlesque white clothes was tested 2 times in the club for 2-3 hours to be 100% sure that they aren't going to be accidents!

the worst that happened to me onstage was one month ago,i was fire dancing with torches and when i was turning to opposite direction a drunk guy was almost fall on me,thanks god they were 2 security guys and they catch him!

"fire walks with me"

156 posts

Posted:
Silk, Cotton, Denim, Nomex & Leather are the common fire safe(er) fabrics.

But you do need to consider more than the fabric, i have lit a cotton scarf on fire before, whilst it was being worn as a scarf, it ignited because it had frilly edges, lesson learned by me.

- A.A. Milne

- Anon (I think)

LkLjourneyman
79 posts

Posted:
the video is nice i really liked the song and you remind me of one of my friends moms, and dare i might say she is delicious, as you are =) good stuff.

Ms VanityGOLD Member
fire-uv performer
50 posts

Posted:
charlie fox> thanks i guess i have to try burning up my clothes to see what could burn hhaha as we said fire is a dangerous art

jimtucket> thanks,but don't fool from the wig i m wearing ,i look different in daily life tongue2

"fire walks with me"

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
There aren't enough pictures for most people's liking...

angel

HanaKhanstranger
2 posts

Posted:
video looks very nice! hot!

Using and helps to loose fat.

Ms VanityGOLD Member
fire-uv performer
50 posts

Posted:
thank you dear !

"fire walks with me"

FelexSILVER Member
Destroyer of worlds and ooo shiny.
268 posts

Posted:
The pictures look great and so does the vid. Your wings and dress look terrifying, but I’m not going to talk about that as everyone else has. (If you need them I would go with silk wings. Probably cotton for your corset)

Ms VanityGOLD Member
fire-uv performer
50 posts

Posted:
yes you right about that, i have to find silk outfit!

terrifying because you don't like it as outfit or you mean dangerous?

cotton inst flammable?

"fire walks with me"

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
I am not as much going about the BDSM scene or your level of skill or the amount of moves performed. I know from experience that when in action many moves get lost, it's a difficult environment, slippery floor, excitement comes into play, etc etc.

Personally I have also been using more flammable fabric... but I use cotton lining at least... it's a tight costume - and I hardly use it, definitely would never ever use it in an enclosed area.

Whether or not you scar yourself up or put carcinogen liquids in your mouth is you personal play. That you are using a highly flammable costume in an enclosed space is... absolutely... reckless and - sorry - ignorant.

Your audience relies on your professionalism when you are performing. The owner/ organizer of the club/ show also.

One reason for me opposing firebreathing is because of the heightened fire hazard (especially in nightclubs) and this is the very same reason why I strongly criticize your act. I don't care whether or not you run about naked with nipple tassels on fire and/or get/ do it with a firewhip or a flaming dildo... as long as you let the audience's safety unaffected.

Please don't take it hard that this is the second critique within half an hour I am writing about your act. The first one was about a really *not-appealing* strip performance video - this one is about footage where you're putting your audience at a completely unnecessary risk from sheer ignorance.(*)

We had a Russian girl involuntarily performing as a human torch... 70% burnt her skin... her personal story... I don't get why people's minds stop functioning once they see a (half) naked woman dancing (with fire)??? Over the past years we had enough fire related accidents claiming innocent lives in enclosed spaces... It gives the art itself a bad name.

Why are you promoting their continuation? Whilst the pics look kind-a cool.. the vid reveals that you're not really experienced in what you're doing (difficult environment - given that)... I don't know exactly what fabric that shawl is from.. I can only suspect by its shimmer is that it has a high content of either silk or plastic... natural silk won't burn as fast, BUT PLASTIC WILL... try out and see how much/little it takes to get off in flames... Fire fingers - soaked with kerosene - come in contact with plastic shawl - you're moving and supplying oxygen... SWOOSH! No bravery points here from my side. spank

(*)Usually this forum is used to inform others or share about new moves or techniques or any like that. Sorry, to me it appears as if you are using this as to put every single aspect of your individual performance on display and only get away with it because you "dare" to expose your flesh and boldness... because you're new to the board.. It's not as much about making individual threads of: "me with nipple tassles" "me with candles" "me with fire fans" "me half naked" "me in a white outfit"... but to share experience and ask questions, if you're interested. People here will be happy to direct you to the corresponding threads or answer your questions... If you like to introduce yourself, there's a forum for that. If you like to share what you think about this or that topic, there's another forum for that...

I really enjoy people coming and sharing, being interested to learn, share funny or not so funny stories... Don't want to spoil it that you're looking for new friends and recognition in the fire arts scene - and maybe I've just completely missed your point, in which case I ask your pardon.

wave hug
EDITED_BY: FireTom (1261816140)
EDIT_REASON: edge

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

JayKittyGOLD Member
Mission: Ignition
534 posts

Posted:
So I haven't been here in a while but I see things are still the same. Thanks Tom. I was just rereading this thread and watching her videos you took the words right out of my mouth.

Don't mind me, just passing through.

TankboySILVER Member
Resident Demolitions Expert
103 posts

Posted:
Tom, you rock!

That was the most appropriate, kindest, and hopefully effective way that post could have been worded.

Ms VanityGOLD Member
fire-uv performer
50 posts

Posted:
any opinions are welcome, i never had problem with critic

I know that's a forum to learn stuff and -ask- so that's why i created a account.To learn+Get opinions

NOT FOR SELF PROMOTION

i m famous in my country for my work, i have travel to other countries like France for fire-shows so the least i need is a forum for promotion.

So thank you for your info about the fabric,that was a useful information.If you dont like me,my performances or topic you can simply don't answer.

PS i never had serious burned and beside if you wont burn a little you ll never learn,so i m keep practicing, except doing the strip part at my shows lol

"fire walks with me"

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Vanity, it's not that I don't like you... I don't know you. Maybe you're intelligent and charming - I don't know. I only say what I feel (about the impression your videos left me with)... It's my opinion not more, not less smile

Good luck with your shows hug2

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

liquidtrancei dream in circles...
336 posts

Posted:
@ms vanity
i've done burlesque/fire/uv shows etc for years so i appreciate what you are trying to do but you really need to knuckle down and raise your level with your toys and also your fire safety awareness (frilly clothes with fire=hospital sooner or later and you don't wanna mess up your attributes/your performing career from a silly accident) the fact that your performing is great but put in some serious time practising with your equipment- watch vids online, practice a few hours a day, learn to really use the equipment and you will do better shows, get more gigs, make more money and not get hurt
good luck to ya smile

even chuck norris can't pin you down if your on fire

letitburnslacker of biblical proportions
44 posts

Posted:
nice pics fire fingers r pretty bad ass

float like a butterfly and sting like when i pee

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
Not a big fan of the fingers video, but I did thoroughly enjoy your grind show! That was badass. I personally think you can do with your body what you want for whatever you want. It's not disgracing anybody other than you to some people. People get more than a kick from watching a hot woman get less and less clothes, so take advantage of it!

I do thoroughly agree that you need to pay more attention to you fabrics and their flame/melt-ability. Never put the audience in danger because it does give other performers a bad name frown You have things to work on in your act, mainly the safety aspect, so you got us giving advice through our either straight criticism of your act, our straight up advice, and everything in-between.

Just try not to take anything as hurtful, somethings may be meant that way, most won't, but when they do, just don't let it get to you. Just take any advice from it, I know completely that you are capable and most likely do think like this. Just want to make sure you do because otherwise, this forum can be a pretty demeaning place sometimes, unfortunately.

So overall, you are a great performer, loved your grind show. Work a lot lot more on safety. And don't take anything as hurtful because most likely it's not meant that way because it doesn't always transfer well over text. And with that kind of act some people will want to express their hate for whatever reasons they have. Keep on performing, your doing a great job, except for some main things like safety. Good luck with your hunt on more fire-safe clothing wink

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

letitburnslacker of biblical proportions
44 posts

Posted:
i dont care wut culture your from u gotta know thats hott

float like a butterfly and sting like when i pee

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
^^^Oh god yes

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

Ms VanityGOLD Member
fire-uv performer
50 posts

Posted:
thank you all for your comments...and firetom too!

i m working months on the safety of my shows, i was lucky till now and i diden't had any accidents...and now i m testing my stuff a loooot of times!
I have read many articles+topics in this forum and learned many things about fire performances.

Grinding is my favorite show and my newest performance is grinding on a violin check the video if you want to:

I m working in new interesting fire construction,when it's ready i will post photos here!

this is my latest, an upside-down flammable cross
https://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/130/l_1302f43e40f24a229ab5ce777f3f103c.jpg

wings with fire:
https://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/151/l_cc872de8b0ad49ed8ab76d990a50be0f.jpg
(i am the blonde one)

fire fans(Green fire) i order this fans from hop and add kevlar:
https://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/118/l_cf84761079184d8c91d66014a83e4169.jpg

"fire walks with me"

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
Wow the talent it takes for the fist video is unprecedented!
(i was hoping you'd be dry humping a violin)

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

Ms VanityGOLD Member
fire-uv performer
50 posts

Posted:
I d like to know if everybody does grinding on violins at your country
lol here stuff like that are rare!

Anyway grinding isn't something difficult and juggling depends on how much practice time you get and how coordinated you are,i don't consider it as a special talent.

having ideas,fantasy and creativity is something you born with it and its the difficult part.

EDITED_BY: Ms Vanity (1272016574)

"fire walks with me"

Page: