Page:
MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
No BS. Well, I assisted in delivery of two babies tonight, anyways. Tonight is my first night on call on my obstetrics and gynecology rotation.

The first was a baby boy, premature. The second was a healthy, 9-pound baby girl! Yes, NINE POUNDS! That delivery took forever. Poor mom was on the verge of giving up.

Two weeks ago today, I watched the tragedy of my father's death. Today, I watched the miracle of birth...twice. I only wish that I could call my dad up and tell him about it. But I felt his spirit in the delivery room tonight. He was there with me and he was loving it.

Ka-wow. What a night. And I will never forget the first baby I helped deliver. A premature boy with the initials M.S.

Now, if you'll excuse me, it's 4:00 AM and I need to be awake another 16 hours yet (I've already been awake 23), so I need to get some coffee.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Latexmember
55 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by /Lightning\:
Those of us who cannot have our own are often the most loving of children in general.
I have seen that is very true. My daughter is an 8 year old diabetic so she needs constant medical attention. Her pediatric endocrinologist is gay, and we would not give him up for the world. I have never met a doctor with such a good bed-side manor with children.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Latex, bless people like you who appreciate that a gay doctor can be just as good as a straight one. You'd be amazed at the ignorance out there.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Latexmember
55 posts

Posted:
/Lightning\:

I just mentioned this discussion to my wife, she had something I think you might find interesting to say about it that I thought you might like to hear.

She said that she would RATHER have a gay male OB/GYN. I think this is probably true of a lot of women.

What a woman goes through with an OB is hard enough on them. She said that she does not like female OBs because they all seem to very rough and uncaring. Almost as if "I gotta put up with it, so you do also – shut up and take it." But, she also gets a bad feeling from the males. She can't get over a guy she is not involved with and has no feelings for her doing to her what would normally be intimate stuff.

But, she said that the one gay male OB she had was the best. Not being a female he was sure that he was gentile with her - because he did not really know what it felt like, and she was not threatened by feeling that he might have ulterior motives for becoming an OB/GYN.

That makes perfect sense to me.

I work at a medical research center/school. And trust me… a lot of our doctors are gay/lesbian. Don’t feel alone in it.

If you ever make it to San Antonio, drop me a line. I’ll buy you a drink.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
I'm seconding gay male ob/gyn. I can deal with normal males, but females gyn's are all bitches i swear and they drive me bannanas. I don't think people in taht position should be allowed to be bitches!

Uh-oh, Kyri just went on a rant......

*Apologies*

Just a subject i feel strongly about. Ask me about the quality of Health Care availible at my uni sometime....

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

Page: