• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Meet Others > Looking for fire preformers in central Illinois

Login/Join to Participate

yhvh83
SILVER Member since Aug 2007

yhvh83

Total posts: 57
Posted:Hi
Name is Michael- I got in to poi about 3 years ago from a friend. I love it - i do my best to learn what i can - Poi, Staff- Juggling and more. About 2 years ago we started a local Group called Lux Orbis we spin together on occasion. What i am trying to do is locate more people in central Il ( Peoria , Pekin, Canton, Morton, Bloomington, Metamora and so on) That want to get together and spin or vice versa teach each other more and new ideas. There is close to 20+ total between the groups locally and i would like to try and expand that more and create more of an environment for local people to spin and meet others.

So just as a additional heads up here is about some of the people in or group. Several of us are Reiki practitioners, into \ teach yoga, massage therapist, Computer guru's, animal lovers and breeder's, nature walkers, Djembe and hand drum playing, raw and vegan food eating, arts and craft making, martial arts and mineral and gemstone fans, Bike riders, Land healing , beer loving normal people that like to have a bit of fun on the side.
If you are interested get in touch.
Thanks
Mike

Delete Topic

yhvh83

yhvh83

Posted:P.s. Here is our face book
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lux-Orbis/156372353147

Delete

ben-ja-men
GOLD Member since Jun 2003

ben-ja-men

just lost .... evil init

Total posts: 2474
Posted:hey mike ive added your group into the global fire guide to help people find your group

apps.facebook.com/globalfireguide

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

Delete

yhvh83

yhvh83

Posted:Thank you sir

Delete

yhvh83

yhvh83

Posted:Ok Kids, 156 views but none of you live in Il or near us???? Come on....=)

Delete

Posted:Well Im in Southern WI and just getting into spinning Peroias a few hours away......

Delete

yhvh83

yhvh83

Posted:well i tell you what Jeggienbudd, ever feel like coming to Peoria, we will set something up and spin and hang out. Actually its last minute notice but....a few of us spin every Friday at a local art and craft market called the Fiesta Market downtown Peoria, which is this Friday. But in a general sense we get together off and on to spin together for fun, we have a group from Bloomington Il that joins us and a few people from around the area as well.
food for thought

Delete

Posted:Sounds good I just started to spin and have alot to learn

Would love to hang out might just be something I do
I added the FB page too

EDITED_BY: jeggienbudd (1285204984)

Delete

yhvh83

yhvh83

Posted:Fantastic, feel free to add me on the great and almighty FB as well.
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/mike.guymon

Delete

Calibud
GOLD Member since Nov 2010

Calibud

φωτιά

Total posts: 49
Posted:I joined the group as well. You guys are just a couple hour drive (tops) from me.

Delete

yhvh83

yhvh83

Posted:Awesome, keep in touch, we are in the talk now with a local orginization that own a large area of land and they want to see if we could set up a local fire festival for this comming year.!!

Delete

yhvh83

yhvh83

Posted:I hope to see everyone at Kinetic Fire this year, beinga very near fire festival for myself, I am greatful and happy that this is taking place!!

Delete

yhvh83

yhvh83

Posted:Hi everyone!!! Spark - fire and flow retreat!!!! So listen up and keep your eyes peeled. We are having a fire and flow arts community sharing event in Peoria IL!!!

When might you ask? August 3-5 2012

Where might you ask? 3 Sisters Park Chiliocothe Il where we will be camping and hanging out . ( Hotels can be optional for those not so found of the woods) We are 3 hrs from Chicago, St Louis, Indiana. Even closer for those in Bloomigton IL, Champagne, Springfield.

What might you ask? Poi, Staff, Contact Staff, Hoop, Lyra, Fabric\Silks, Juggling\contact, martial arts, Dance, Cyr Wheel Classes and more!!! It will be 3 days of sharing, connecting while meeting more of your flow arts family.

Workshops will run each day from 10 am to 7 pm( friday 12 to 7) , when dusk hits we will gather at the fire stage , and move with our fire and led tools!! till we say no more while the Dj's throw down on the musical opera to our flow.

There is not a way to say how amazing this is going to be and I cant wait to meet and hang out with all of you. Website will be up soon.

Tickets will be on sale soon !! with early bird tickets at a discount!

??? ask them or find me here - [1] http://www.facebook.com/mike.guymon
or [2] Yhvh83@gmail.com Thank you for you time, that is all.

Delete

yhvh83

yhvh83

Posted:http://sparkfirefest.com/
br>
Hi everyone!!!
Spark - fire and flow retreat!!!!
So listen up and keep your eyes peeled.
We are having a fire and flow arts community sharing event in Peoria IL!!!

When might you ask? August 3-5 2012

Where might you ask? 3 Sisters Park Chiliocothe Il where we will be camping and hanging out . ( Hotels can be optional for those not so found of the woods) We are 3 hrs from Chicago, St Louis, Indiana. Even closer for those in Bloomigton IL, Champagne, Springfield.

What might you ask? Poi, Staff, Contact Staff, Hoop, Lyra, Fabric\Silks, Juggling\contact, martial arts, Dance, Cyr Wheel Classes and more!!!
It will be 3 days of sharing, connecting while meeting more of your flow arts family.

Workshops will run each day from 10 am to 7 pm( friday 12 to 7) , when dusk hits we will gather at the fire stage , and move with our fire and led tools!! till we say no more while the Dj's throw down on the musical opera to our flow.

There is not a way to say how amazing this is going to be and I cant wait to meet and hang out with all of you.
Website will be up soon.

Tickets will be on sale soon !! with early bird tickets at a discount!

Have any questions??
co organizer
http://www.facebook.com/mike.guymon

Yhvh83@gmail.com
Thank you for you time, that is all.

Delete

yhvh83

yhvh83

Posted:http://sparkfirefest.com/
br>
Just a update for everyone, In the local midwest we are having a fire and flow retreat!!!!! Check it out and come join us!!!

Delete

yhvh83

yhvh83

Posted:Hey Everyone!!

So just an update, we have a new space we are using during the winter in Peoria IL

Come Join us!!
Were Located downtown Peoria off of walnut street in the Murray building ( art center) we meet around 4pm to 12pm come say hi!!

http://www.facebook.com/groups/hoi.hoopers/

Delete

yhvh83

yhvh83

Posted:Hey guys just an update, we now have a space that is open to the public to come spin and meet others in the flow community.
We meet every wednesday downtown Peoria off of walnut street in the Murray building.
Come join us - Message me any questions !!

we keep everything for the Hoop\object manipulation group going through here.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/hoi.hoopers/

Delete

yhvh83

yhvh83

Posted:Poi classes with Justin Benson in Peoria IL !!!

Jb will be making a route to Chicago during September on his way back home to Kansas he will be stopping by Peoria to offer some workshops .

Justin Benson, also known as JB, is a poi spinner from Springfield, MO. Passion has led him to become dedicated to the progression of the art form that he has fell in love with throughout the years. JB has focused heavily on the manipulation of poi, influenced by juggling as well as contact juggling. JB has earned a reputation throughout the US for his creativity and innovation that he has contributed to the poi community. JB has traveled to teach workshops at festivals such as Kinetic Fire and now he's heading your way to share his knowledge with you and your community!

Here is Jb's youtube channel and some quick looks at his wide breadth of knowledge in object manipulation.

Come join us for this delightful afternoon with JB and scale you ninja skills up a few levels !

JB will be teaching 3 classes - Poi tosses, Intro to Negative Space,Intro to contact Poi.

Classes are $10 each or $25 for all 3 classes - cash only due date of class .

Location for workshops
http://www.peoriaparks.org/general-information-on-the-gateway
br>
Poi Tossing!
JB loves to toss his poi! He loves it so much he feels the need to share his Tossing Arsenal with YOU! Join this class as he walks through the beginning stages of poi tossing and subtly progresses the class into some intermediate concepts that will get the gears in your head turning. This workshop will lead you to become comfortable with tosses and allow you to open up a new realm in your poi flow!

Intro to negative space
The enclosed area given between the body and your prop is considered to be negative space. In this workshop, JB will teach the class how to make the negative space using different parts of your body as well as how to move your poi through the space that is given fluently. This class is perfect for newcomers to negative space as well as those who have a grasp but need to be introduced to new things to try. Come join us to step up your poi game and take it to the next level!

Intro to contact poi
Join JB as he introduces how to use the body to manipulate the way your poi travels. JB will be covering manipulations with the stage ball, handle, and rope to give you a solid foundation in order to spark your interest in exploring the infinite possibilities that you are given. Learn to look at your poi from a different perspective and open up all of that creativity thats begging to be unleashed. From contact rolls to body wraps, we're going to let our bodies become one with the poi.

https://www.facebook.com/events/659692230709257/?
br>notif_t=plan_user_joined

Delete